Home

jedi academy noob questions

outstretchedarm

hello all....

I'm new to both jedi academy (actually I just ordered it from amazonand haven't received it yet) and computer gaming. mostly all the games i've played up till down have been on consoles.

would you all be so kind as to answer a few questions?

1) I feel weird about playing a game with a mouse. does anyone recommend a good controller or joystick that is fun for this game?

2) My favorite part of any game is customizing characters. I've done searches for mods on this game and have been inundated with info. so...

a) what is a good mod that enables you to do extensive character customization?

b) what is the simplest way to install a mod?

thanks in advance for your input. take care...

1) I feel weird about playing a game with a mouse. does anyone recommend a good controller or joystick that is fun for this game?
I like the mouse, but there have been threads on this in the past. If you do a search you can probably find something.

a) what is a good mod that enables you to do extensive character customization?
From what I have seen there are various mods that add a few characters, but they tend not to be compatible together because they alter the same files. To build up a lot of customization would require merging them together (which isn't too hard).

To see how you can edit an existing mod and add it to the customization menu, you can check out my tutorials.

b) what is the simplest way to install a mod?
Usually you can just stick it in your base directory. Or you can create a new directory in the GameData folder and load it through the mods menu.

I too am sometimes on a messenger, an d don't wish to be full screen because i can't get to it. However, i hear that there is a mod you can get that was made that allows you to minimize.

i'm usually on messanger as well, but just switch every now and then from the game using alt+tab ;)

there was a file for JKO,

it was a small file to enable you to minimize ingame as the game doesn't allow you to actually do it.. stupid LA :p

there may be the same file going around for JKA but i haven't checked..

just stick on some loud music and swing a lightsaber and your happy imo :p

i'm usually on messanger as well, but just switch every now and then from the game using alt+tab ;)

I find I can't always switch using Alt-Tab when I'm running the game full-screen. It does it sometimes but it's not reliable. Running it windowed is, though ;)

Presumably other people have the same problem. Probably some Windows setting.

B.

• 6 months later...

Archived