Home

Swampies, assemble! Advice on new tunes needed.

BongoBob

Sigur Rós

Funny, I just heard about this one yesterday. Thye've got a cool sound about them. I think I heard that they were on the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind soundtrack. COuld be wrong though.

Someone mentioned Allman Borthers. if you have that, you also need Creedance Clearwater Revival. the albums Chronicle Vols 1 & 2 pretty much cover everything you need. Don't forget Lynard Skynard either.

If you are looking for a slightly different take on rock I suggest Blue Man Group's album The Complex. Very cool sound

If you like the 90s acoustic rock, The Days of the New album is a must.

I know this band out of Texas that's pretty cool. Look for Kritikill's album Psalms (not religious). Problem is that you won't find them on a major label, but they have a website I think. I just can't find it. Maybe on myspace.

For just a groove type music, Lemon Jelly. Anything they have is just relax and chill music.

Modest Mouse: Float On and Ocean Breathes Salty

For video game music remixes, I reccommend http://www.ocremixes.org. I like the songs DDR 4F73R M3 Remix and the original TMNT game song. That makes me happy for some reason when I hear it.

Get the Clerks II soundtrack. The unedited version. It's worth it.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting the CD soon. It's gonna be awesome!

I also suggest music from movie soundtracks. The music I listen to from movies are pretty much Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Pirates of the Caribbean. It's all generally orchestral music.

Some songs I like from each of the CDs.

Star Wars: (I'm sure you have this)

Duel of Fates (RotS)

Anakin vs Obi-Wan (RotS)

Imperial March (ESB)

There is also a few more that I like but don't recall the name

Lord of the Rings:

Fields of Pelenorr (RotK)

Foundation of Stone (TT)

The Black Gate (TT)

The Bridge of Kzahad-Dum (FotR)

also more than that (I can re-edit my list later)

Pirates of the Caribbean:

The Kraken (DMC)

Wheel of Fortune (DMC)

Davy Jones (DMC)

Track 5, 9 (CofBP)

Those are ones I mainly listen to, at least.

I would like Wagner more if his biggest fan wasn't Adolf Hiter

Now that's pretty narrow-minded of you. Does that mean you don't like art either since nazi germany held it in such high regard?

Bongo: If you feel like exploring some new territory, try out bands like Iron Maiden, Slayer, Iced Earth, and possibly some more exotic stuff like Finntroll. :)

Note: Those are all bands that are relatively easy to get into, it's not over-the-top extreme growling or blastbeats. ;P

Now that's pretty narrow-minded of you. Does that mean you don't like art either since germany held it in such high regard?

I wasn't serious about that. I love Richard Wagner and his works. But, I don't hold Wagner in really high regard because I like Baroque and Modern classical music better. Especially Augustin Barrios Mangore's works for the guitar.

AC/DC, Back in Black: Those guys are pretty damn catchy.

Killing Heidi, I am: You go through the whole album you're transfixed by her gorgeous voice.

Evanescence, The Open Door / Fallen: "wah but they're goth emo!" No they're not. They're badass. and if you get their live album (Anywhere but home) it has a disc with almost like a doco (and their concert in France) on it showing their very non-gothic antics.

Green Day, Dookie / Nimrod. : Nimrod is great and it's the one the critics loved so you can't go wrong with that.. Dookie's pretty cool too but they still sound quite a bit younger.

P.O.D, Sattalite: Rastafarian Heavy Metal...

Nickleback, The Long Road / All the Right Reasons: I love 'Animals' on the second one.

The O.C Supertones, any album: SKA!!!! but seriously, these guys rock pretty hard.

Dream Theatre, Awake: Listen to 'Home' very good. These oldies got some talent.

ZZTOP, any album (Mainly xXx): You should know these guys. Their guitars sound so badass.

The Offspring, Greatest Hits: This is the only album of theirs I've bought and I really like it. All the songs are pretty cool.

Alicia Keys, The Diary of Alicia Keys: She has such talent! I like 'dragon days' and 'Harlems Nocturne'

U2, All that you can't leave behind / Rattle and Hum: The first one is ingrained into my blood. The second one will have you singing songs you don't even know the words to.

Galactic Cowbows, Let it go: They're not country. This is their last album and they have a final session on the last track. It's good.

eh. I'll think of some later if I can..

Hey Bongo, ever heard of Elemeno P? It comes from down under, but I import it and love it. Sort of like Green Day I supppose, but it's just a whole lot better, assuming you're not into all the swearing.

I also really like some of the scores from the PotC 2 Soundtrack, especially the Kraken theme.

try these songs:

Jethro Tull (classic English folk rock): Aqualung, Thick as a Brick, Songs From the Wood

Young Dubliners (Irish pub rock): Rocky Road, Foggy Dew, Red, Shame(my favorite)

Edit: btw, Weird Al's new album, "Straight Outta Lynwood," is double sided. One side is CD, the other is a DVD with 5.1 audio.(my brother bought it.)

Wow there's some great stuff here. I like a wide variety, Classic rock such as Queen, Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult, early Metallica, Jethro Tull (Thick as a break is INCREDIBLE), and such.

Classical guitar is also very nice, such as Paco de Lucia, John Mclaughlin, etc.

I also like most indie, such as The Killers, The Decemberists, Sleeping at Last, and such.

I'll post more when I get the chance :)

Wow there's some great stuff here. I like a wide variety, Classic rock such as Queen, Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult, early Metallica, Jethro Tull (Thick as a break is INCREDIBLE), and such.

Classical guitar is also very nice, such as Paco de Lucia, John Mclaughlin, etc.

I also like most indie, such as The Killers, The Decemberists, Sleeping at Last, and such.

I'll post more when I get the chance :)

O SHI- HIPSTER TRAP!

hipster-trap.gif

Archived