Home

new pics

Aayla-Secura

Awesome! Some random thoughts as I flipped through the pictures:

Anyone else think Luke's body shape looks a lot like Frozone from "The Incredibles?"

I really like the design of the new Consortium units. They're anti-sleek, dirty, odd shapes, some really vicious-looking...I particularly like the way their factories belch smoke. Looks like some combination of ships from "Firefly," "Homeworld," "Nexus: The Jupiter Incident," and "Starcraft"--of course with a good deal of originality thrown in! The buildings seem to go back to C&C design roots. The space station and starship designs also seem to borrow from the models we saw in "X-Wing: Alliance."

Having bunkers is pretty awesome, too--and I love the variety of new buildable things we're seeing--sensor scramblers, plasma turrets, and that mythical repulsorlift jammer!

I love the decals of the Consortium ships. :)

Thrawn has 'boost weapons,' eh?

Speaking of bunkers: I wonder if there will be differences between the bunkers of the different factions. And will they be present on the ground maps from the beginning, or will you have to build them?

I also noticed that all sides had some new vehicle with the acronym "MDU" in the name. Does this stand for "Mass Drive Unit" or something like that?

The RZ-52 is the infantry transport for the Consortium (The TZ-15 is the hero transport, and I didn't see the vehicle transport there).

The bunkers are basically the same aside from looks. In skirmish mode they will be build pads that you capture and construct your faction's version. They have pretty tough armor but there are units that are very good at bunker busting. Their effectiveness really depends on what you put inside.

MDU is "Mobile Defense Unit". They're basically moving build pads. Each faction has three different items they can build on top of them. There are some very nasty combos you can use them for... :D

The bunkers are basically the same aside from looks. In skirmish mode they will be build pads that you capture and construct your faction's version. They have pretty tough armor but there are units that are very good at bunker busting. Their effectiveness really depends on what you put inside.

A different effect depending on the unit? Could you elaborate a bit more on the functions of a bunker?

You can put five squads of infantry into a bunker, and they can shoot out at passing units. So the effect you get is by mixing and matching infantry types. You could make a strong anti-vehicle bunker by packing them with PLEX soldiers for example, or mix and match to taste. For the Consortium, I find 4 disruptors and one grenadier squad to be an efficient way to clog a choke point :)

Bunkers are pretty resistant to damage too, so infantry can actually make a pretty large dent in units they ordinarily would be defenseless against. Of course the downside is that they can't move, and as an attacker you have to dig those infantry out of their holes to win the map (assuming a "destroy everything" scenario).

I noticed the Arc Hammer is featured in the screenshot list. Will the Arc Hammer be formidable in space, similar to star destroyers. Or does it have low firepower, like interdictors.

Better yet, can you divulge information regarding the hardpoints of the Arc Hammer?

Wait a minute, I saw Rogue Squadron at Cloud City. Will they be able to fight on any planet and what about other ships? I did always think that fighters should be able to fight in atmosphere, after all they did in the Battle of Cato Nemodia, which is G-Canon, and they were stationed on Yavin, Hoth, Geonosis,ect. Plus many other games have them fighting in atmosphere, for one, Rogue Squadron. And for another thing, will they're be an Imperial Fighter Hero?

You can put five squads of infantry into a bunker, and they can shoot out at passing units. So the effect you get is by mixing and matching infantry types. You could make a strong anti-vehicle bunker by packing them with PLEX soldiers for example, or mix and match to taste. For the Consortium, I find 4 disruptors and one grenadier squad to be an efficient way to clog a choke point :)

So Bunkers are like that big Scottish tank in Yuri's Revenge? A mix of units gives you cool extra firepower? Awesome, if that's the case. 2 rocket troopers and 3 navy SEALs were the bomb in that thing!

Some other questions: Can Thrawn go on land, and can Garm act as a fleet commander in space (no ship of his own, just a bonus)? Also, what tech level is the Arc Hammer?

I'd just like to add my thanks to aayla, these pics are a fantastic find!

I noticed the Arc Hammer is featured in the screenshot list. Will the Arc Hammer be formidable in space, similar to star destroyers. Or does it have low firepower, like interdictors.

Better yet, can you divulge information regarding the hardpoints of the Arc Hammer?

I found this in the Chat Transcript:

What is ARC Hammer's weapons, how does it produce Dark Troopers, and will it need Kuat or Mon Cal?

<Darth_Torpid-PG> Arc Hammer has a few hard point of the usual type (turbolasers, concussion missiles, etc) and has fighter garrisons, but it is mostly a factory ship. As long as it is in orbit, Dark Troopers will appear on your production menu. It is a hero unit, so it spawns rather than being built.

Does anyone know what the Imperial Lancet is? :confused:

It's clearly an Imperial air unit for use in ground combat, capable of attacking ground units. Other than that I don't know; it looks like it's one of Petroglyph's "homegrown" units. It looks good, too.

Thrawn is a space-only hero similar to Piett. Garm does have a "fleet commander" style bonus when in space.

It looks like most of those shots were taken in Bespin orbit. We've lowered the altitude of the space battle over Bespin just a bit :)

The Arc hammer is somewhere between the length of a Victory and Imperial Star Destroyer, but obviously much thinner. The load out is pretty basic, similar to a Victory's hard points but with an added concussion missile point.

The Lancet is mostly used as an aerial artillery unit, but it can be put to other uses...

Archived