Home

Wierd Trouble with Sattellite Mission

Deaghaidh

Hehe, appearantly I had a membership on this forum from three years ago! Well I stumbled accross my old Xwing Alliance CD not long ago and reistalled it. Everything went swimmingly, but now I'm on the family mission where you have to take Aeron to dock with a sattellite and fight off Zero G troopers. Trouble is, no matter what I do Aeron never finishes her mission. She gets out, and docks with it, and comes back into the hanger, but the objective for her to complete mission never turns green and the nav bouy out never spawns. I just fly around indefinitely, long after all the ties and zero-g troopers are dead. No way to finish the mission at all.

I'm thinking theres some sort of bug in the mission. I'm using the official update but no user mods or anything. Anyone know how to fix it?

A friend of mine who's better @ XWA than me thinks the SAT might've been destroyed somehow. The key is to make sure you're far enough away from the SAT and Aeron to deal w/ the TIEs and the stormies. Periodically target Aeron and the troopers to make sure you're far enough away. Also remember that if the troopers get close enough to Aeron to inspect her, the mission's a failure. http://www.crs-morningstar.net/tacop.php?id=141 has a good "walkthrough" of this mission.

I figured it out, it was that they were inspecting her which causes her to run to the hanger and not finish.

NOW I'm stuck on the one where you have to steal viraxo supplies and deliver them to an asteroid base, I get all the way through and then the last freighter crashes into an asteroid or something, mission failed, every time. Can't fathom how I can help that. I'll check that walkthrough-thing though.

• 1 month later...

Archived