Home

October 3rd. Download 99% of the DEMO! Click here to find out how

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Petroglyph are certainly busy in the community lately with live chats all over the galaxy. Today, X-FIRE announced a new chat for October 24th - the day of the games release, with more prizes up for grabs. However, with the recent announcement of the demo, Xfire will be letting members download 99% of the Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption demo starting October 3rd. On October 6th, the minute that the demo goes public, you can get the rest of the file and start playing!

By subscribing to the Real Time Strategy Demos channel you will automatically get all new RTS files that Xfire adds to the channel.

Houston, we have a problem.

The demo file doesn't seem to be available on xfire RTS channel yet. However, I guess there's still a few more hours of Oct 3rd remaining.

I know it's just a partial file download, so it doesn't matter if I get it now or not, but I was just wondering if there was a problem, or if I'm doing something wrong. I'd like to get the bulk of the file ahead of time so I don't have to contend with server overload when the whole thing is released.

P.S. I want to make it clear that I'm not complaining. I think it's really awesome that they're releasing a demo!!!!! Thanks for the extra work Petro/Lucas. You guys rock!

Houston, we have a problem.

The demo file doesn't seem to be available on xfire RTS channel yet. However, I guess there's still a few more hours of Oct 3rd remaining.

I know it's just a partial file download, so it doesn't matter if I get it now or not, but I was just wondering if there was a problem, or if I'm doing something wrong. I'd like to get the bulk of the file ahead of time so I don't have to contend with server overload when the whole thing is released.

P.S. I want to make it clear that I'm not complaining. I think it's really awesome that they're releasing a demo!!!!! Thanks for the extra work Petro/Lucas. You guys rock!

i was wondering about this too what gives?

if u go back to where it says about the chat and getting the RTS demo channel, i says:

"*** Note to Xfire Insider Subscribers: We apologize, but we are not able to give you the pre-load of the demo at this time. Check back soon for file availability. Subscribing to the RTS demos channel will ensure that you will get it automatically when it goes public."

Guest DarthMaulUK

Xfire has decided NOT to offer a pre-load for the demo. Oh well. Once I get links and mirrors I will post them straight away. I believe Lucasfiles is getting uploaded as we speak.

DMUK

Archived