Home

Game shuts down...

Hi, guys!

I have a pretty...bad problem. I'm playing Sam and Max with Scumm VM cause without, i wouldn't have sound. My System is Win98SE. I can play regulary, everything's perfect. But when I am in this one restaurant, where I get the keys for the toilette(geniously gag...don't you have toilette paper :smash: ), and go out to say Sam we shall take the key with us, the ScummVM Command Box opens and says something with sounds...or so...I have made a screenshot:

samnmaxtz7.jpg

I can type in whatever I want( restart, quit, exit, continue), but ScummVM shuts down. I think the key is important, so I can't imagine I can ignore this item...I tried the two other restaurants, too, but same problem. I forgot to say I have the german text-only version( except from the intro until now, there was sound...). I too have shut the sound off in the ScummVM options, but no change. When I tried "just-hit-the-exe-file", where no sound is, it worked... But first, i want sound in the game and second, I don't want to redo everything. I also tried to use my ScummVM savegame in the not-sound version, but didn't work... I also have downloaded the updated exe, but didnt help. I also used this directory with the updated file in ScummVM, nothing. But I didn't deleted the old exe, so maybe this works...ah yes, when I want to open the updated file, I immediately get a error message. I couldn't delete the old exe, says it is write-protected. But it isn't , I think. And I too didn't use it at the moment.

Maybe you can help!

If I better put the question in a ScummVM Forum, I will do so.

Fare thee well,

Dr_Mario

Archived