Home

Poor Amish people...

IG-64

But then they'll kill just as many people with knives! You do know a butcher's knife has a comparable range, fire-power, and ammo clip size as an automatic pistol, don't you [sarcasm]?

Actually. Someone with a knife (who knows how to use it) within 20 ft of someone with a holstered pistol can close with the gun-weilder and make ribbons out of him before he can fire off a shot.

There is a reason you need to seriously consider pulling a knife--even in self-defense. Even a 2 inch blade can easily accidentally kill a person. Don't underestimate the power of steel.

Not going to bones about it, but I just wanted to point out that if someone is determined upon homicide, people will die.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not going to bones about it, but I just wanted to point out that if someone is determined upon homicide, people will die.
But of course it's a lot easier with a gun. There's a reason guns were invented - they were more effective than knives, swords, and sabres, and require far less training to use.

And the stuff about the US, those dudes just have serious issues or are just a little fu**ed up in the head.
Molestation of loved ones or friends can make anyone ****ed up in the head, not just our buddies the Americans. Take it from me.

how did he obtain the weapon to begin with.....people w/history of child molestation dont need guns.

QFE.

I'm very lucky, there haven't been any reports on guns being brought to school or anything in my area, but one of the kids in my grade who actually rode my bus last year stabbed another student last year and is now on trial for murdering a woman a few months back.

Talking to him you'd never have thought he was a murderer, or even violent. He's seems like a happy, funny, sociable kind of guy.

Sad, isn't it?

Not that I'm being offensive about the amish, but security camera's might have come handy to prevent this from ever happening again.

What? Sorry, but that makes no sense. Columbine had security cameras. That college in canada had security cameras. Didn't do them s***.

What? Sorry, but that makes no sense. Columbine had security cameras. That college in canada had security cameras. Didn't do them s***.
If you're going to storm in and shoot a place up and then kill yourself, I don't think you really care much about who films you and who doesn't. Or maybe some sickos do. I don't know.

I suppose losing a kid can impede your critical thinking ability. Imagine: You've lost a kid, you've got no answers, and you desperately need one. I don't blame the guy.

Still reminds me of how the marriage traditionalists blame homosexual marriage for rising divorce rates, though.

And what about Africa? The Middle East? South America? The world is embroiled in senseless violence because some people just don’t value life anymore.
I see it the other way around. How many years is it since mentally ill people were just locked away in chains? Today the hospitals treat the depressed, the anorectic, and the other mentally ill people as the humans they are. We've also seen the abolishment of slavery in many parts of the world, the condemning of torture, schools starting to take bullying seriously, and so on.

I'm not saying everything's better now (there are several things I take issue with), but for the most part, things are looking up. Even those crazy reality programmes are starting to take flak. Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking...

Now you'll see schools turning into prisons. Metal Detectors at the entrances, guards in body armor with guns and tasers, and I doubt too many people would complain (except for the students).

Pfft. I wouldn't care. Better than getting my head blown off.

Pfft. I wouldn't care. Better than getting my head blown off.

You wouldn't be saying that if you were sitting up here with 85 camera's pointing at you at all times. This is all thanks to some douschbag who told some people he was gonna cut us all down with his "Samauri Sword". Now we've got no more late night fizzball in the parking lot.

My school has security cameras probably every 20 feet along the hallways, where ever you go... No one really pays attention whatsoever, they really aren't a big deal, in my opinion.

Dont forget about the blind spots we have :)

But security cameras cant prevent a Columbine style massacre. But, if you spot the person you have a better chance of getting to the scene and stopping them sooner. You can prevent if from a student if teachers spend time to talk to their students and see their feelings. We have a 15 minute class at our school that is ment to single out the crazies. Well, they dont say it in those terms but that's what it is.

Exactly, if you're ever in the administration office during "Advisory" then it's CRAZY. They're tracking down everyone who is suspected of having ciggs, pot, possibly a weapon... if anything has been reported at all then they track the person down during advisory.

Very, very sad situation.

The guy released all the boys and adult teacher, lined the little girls up and shot them execution style before killing himself.

I won't be surprised, unfortunately, if we see something later on about some sex crime happened when he was young, and somehow involving females, though I'm no profiler. I did wonder to myself 'Why an _Amish_ community? They're about as non-violent as you can get.'

Just because the Amish are very religious does not mean they are immune from some of the problems/crimes the "English" face. I'm sure every community has its dirty little secrets. The Amish just have fewer of them because of the focus on community over individuals, their stance against war, and their particular views on technology.

You'll likely never see cameras in Amish schools. :) Those require electricity, and while some Amish communities will allow battery operated items, they typically won't do anything that requires wiring. Also, they teach in 1-room schools usually, so everyone can see everything anyway. In addition, a lot of Amish have a prohibition against taking pictures with someone's face showing, on the theory that this promotes vanity or individualism.

Archived