Home

Future Star Wars Games

packersfan

quote by cutmeister I'm not opposed to action RPG's but for those of us who aren't skilled button mashers the turn-based combat works quite well.
I agree. I got nothing wrong with action rpgs myself. I like the idea of having different genres of games in the Star Wars esc like games. Whats so great about Rpgs is the stories they have in em. Action isnt really 1 of there biggest atractions compared to shooters etc. Action games dont really have an indepth story modes compared to rpgs that are out there.

I just hope with the trilogies ended that they dont stop making Star wars games. It doesnt look like thats gonna happen for awhile though which is great but you never know.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always wondered why bethesda don't license their engine (well, its not theirs, but the whole deal) to a number of other intellectual properties. I'd think publishers would be jumping over themselves to release a Dungeons and Dragons Oblivion, or a LOTR oblivion, or a star wars oblivion... etc..

Heck, for a lot of the fantasy ones they could even reuse a lot of the assets, like the trees. I'm interested to see what the fallout game is like, and I always kinda wanted a wh40k oblivion game.

I'm happy for different games to have different combat systems.. if they all had action combat systems and played the same then it'd be very dull. Turn based isn't obsolete.. some of the best recent games have been turn based. Thats like saying paintings are obsolete now we have photography. Its just that you, personally, don't like turn based games.

Best turn based game of all time: Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

anyways.

If someone did make a tc starwars mod for oblivion, you'd have to factor in everything such as space travel, vehicles, and LOTS of new models, textures, etc (obviously). But several things would be quite easy to make, such as the weapons, force powers, Good/Bad Jedi system, etc. It'd still be a lot of work though.

Agree with you there Toms on Turn Based games. Some moves like say in Kotor you wouldnt see in action games. Ok I mayb wrong there but the spiffy lightsaber moves you have not seen in recent Sw games. And you can also say how would you factor if they wanted to put these moves in a shooter how would you do it with the controls etc. So just what im saying here is turn based isnt so bad and plus you can plan strategies etc instead of all the strafing and split desicions you do in the jk games.

I just wish there were actually some strategies to plan in KoToR.. hopefully they'll fix that in the next version.

Best turn based game ever: Chrono Trigger.

(but then again, that is often my answer to any best *** game ever question ;) )

I just wish there were actually some strategies to plan in KoToR.. hopefully they'll fix that in the next version.

Best turn based game ever: Chrono Trigger.

(but then again, that is often my answer to any best *** game ever question ;) )

Best Dating Sim?

Flight Sim?

FPS?

Music Game?

Sports Game?

Extreme Sports Game?

Cow Milking Game?

1. Chrono Trigger. (Marle, etc..)

2. Chromo trigger (the race bit)

3. Er... *thinks hard*

4. Chrono trigger had cool music..

5. Chrono trigger pro skater 2

6. " "

7. Chrono Trigger rules.

:p

Though, in a more serious frame of mind, even though chronotrigger had more simple, more turn based combat then KoToR it DID feel like your choices were more tactical.

You couldn't move your characters in battle (but then positioning doesn't really matter in kotor anyway) and they all took turns... but you could combine attacks in special ways.. differnt attacks opened up weaknesses in different enemies, certain combos worked well against certain enemies, etc..

If they insist on limiting kotor3 to 3 characters again then a combined queue might work better, with alternating actions for each character. At the moment you can't combine attacks in any meaningful way.. and trying any sort of coordination at all takes too much character switching.

Did that work? I thought the sneak attack only worked for the first attack out of "stealth mode" and as "stealth mode" only worked in "solo mode" it became pretty useless.

I tried it a few times, and my character often killed the guys in one hit.. but then got surrounded and killed while the other characters tried to catch up.

Thats one reason i thought it would be nice to have more intelligent characters that you can order around.. so that you could order mission to try and snealk around the back in a melee and take out their leader. (assuming they had the AI to protect their leader, and taking out their leader had any beneficial effects).

• 2 weeks later...
Hey people, i thought I should pop in and see how things are going, I've been looking around for a new decent SW game for a while, i've recently thought it would be cool to make a SW game like Freelancer or World Of Warcraft....it would be sweet as!
I agree with the Freelancer idea but I never played World of Warcraft. What is it about?

Understood. All I wanted to do was point out that the "Force Unleashed" game, featuring LEC's recently acquired DMM and euphoria technologies, may not be released in 2007 as LEC hasn't provided any release date info for the game. So the game could be released in 2008 for all we know.

Well, starwars.com insists on it being called Star Wars 07.

"2007 may mark the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, but the biggest Star Wars entertainment event of the year won't be found on the big screen. Hyperspace members catch this exclusive first look at the next major addition to the Star Wars saga."

Well, starwars.com insists on it being called Star Wars 07.

"2007 may mark the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, but the biggest Star Wars entertainment event of the year won't be found on the big screen. Hyperspace members catch this exclusive first look at the next major addition to the Star Wars saga."

Are you a Hyperspace member? If you are a member can you post some of the exclusive pictures about the "Star Wars 07" game.

Enjoy!

Thank you, Monkey Mania !

I really do appreciate it.

I am going to definely enjoy this game whenever it comes out.:lsduel:

I just hope they don't screwup the gameplay, like they did in the Episode III game.

By gameplay I mean:You couldn't throw opponents, with the force grasp power of ledges or kick them into pits.

You couldn't force jump like in Jedi Outcast & Jedi Knight Academy.

Also you didn't have the wall run combat tactics that was in those two games.

The blocking system was random and computer controlled.

As I will say again, I will like to have manual a 360* blocking system

that depends on all the Jedi fighting forms feature in KOTOR II:TSL and in the EU info.

Also it didn't have no multiplayer option.

Archived