Home

MLB 2006 World Series Playoffs

So, the season is over. And the playoffs are going to start soon. And I didn't expect some of these teams to make it, and I was hoping a few others would've made it in their stead. But, can't do much about it.

So, what are your picks for the victor of each series and who will succeed to the World Series?

My picks:

New York Yankees vs Detroit Tigers (I want the Tigers to win, but I think the Yanks will win)

Minnesota Twins vs Oakland Athletics

New York Mets vs Los Angeles Dodgers

St. Louis Cardinals vs San Diego Padres

Teams highlight in bold are my choices for the first round winners. And I will selected who wins the series proceeding once I know who will advance. :)

The only games I'm going to be watching are the Twins vs Athletics, and the Yankees vs Detroit. I really want the Twins to beat the A's, but as far as the yankees and detroit go, I'm just not sure which team I hate more, so I guess I don't really care who wins that series.

I hate the Muts. Despite my overall distaste for Cardinals in the regular season against the Cubs, I vote for the Central Division any day, so go Cards.

Since Maddux is now on the Dodgers, go Dodgers. He could use another World series win if Cards don't make it.

The AL? Meh, anyone's fine by me.

We got to listen to a little of it during school, but I saw all the highlights earlier. Man the pitching was good. Verlander striking out A-Rod (was it once or twice? I know A-Rod had 3 k's total), Zumaya throwing 103mph (against A-Rod, Giambi, and 1 other, they said his lowest speed was 98 :o). Obviously Todd Jones had to allow that base hit before he got the save, he always has to make you sweat.

What a joy to split with the Bombers. :D

TIGERS WIN! TIGERS WIN!

I couldn't believe it, Bonderman was simply amazing. A no-hitter through 5 innings before Robinson Canoe had to break it up.

So now we have the Athletics in a 7-game series with the A's having homefield even though we had a better record. I'm confident about this series because the Yankees definitely have the best hitting in the whole playoffs and we shut them down. The only thing I'm worried about is our hitting, as Oakland has some of the best pitching out there. I'm hoping I'm wrong but I could see us losing game 1 as the Tigers never give Nate Robertson any run support even when he only allows 2 or so runs, and Barry Zito is his opponent, one of the best.

So, the season is over. And the playoffs are going to start soon. And I didn't expect some of these teams to make it, and I was hoping a few others would've made it in their stead. But, can't do much about it.

So, what are your picks for the victor of each series and who will succeed to the World Series?

My picks:

New York Yankees vs Detroit Tigers (I want the Tigers to win, but I think the Yanks will win)

Minnesota Twins vs Oakland Athletics

New York Mets vs Los Angeles Dodgers

St. Louis Cardinals vs San Diego Padres

Teams highlight in bold are my choices for the first round winners. And I will selected who wins the series proceeding once I know who will advance. :)

Wow! I'm glad I'm not counting on you to bet for me. All your teams went here :toilet1:

The only team I'm concerned about is...well, I guess you know already.

Detroit and New York in the World Series. This time my picks shouldn't backfire. ;)

I agree, but after those last picks, I really wished you would pick that St Louis bunch to win. Don't worry about your last round picks going south. My pick never even made the playoffs. $$$##!!! Astros!

I agree, but after those last picks, I really wished you would pick that St Louis bunch to win. Don't worry about your last round picks going south. My pick never even made the playoffs. $$$##!!! Astros!

Hey, at least they didn't come in last place (Jae hangs head in shame about the Cubs). :D

St. Louis vs. Tigers, Cards win. I can't stand the Mutts. :)

St. Louis vs. Tigers, Cards win. I can't stand the Mutts. :)

I can't bring myself to root for the Mutts or the Cards. I’m an equal opportunity hate-ist and being an Astros fan hate them both (if I had to choice one to root for I'd take the Cards, it was my late father’s team). I'll just hope the Tigers go all the way. Not a fan of American League Baseball, but I was a Magnum P.I. fan and his team was the Detroit Tigers.

Archived