Home

Noghri

Darth Ablett

I'm pretty sure I read something over at the Petroglyph Fan Forums about the Noghri being an Empire unit when Honoghr is controlled, a la Nightsisters and Dathomir.

I'd like to ask if this is true, or if my mind is going. Is this confirmed?

If this is true, I assume they'll be a pretty effective anti-infantry unit like vorskrs. I was wondering though, one of the IGN videos shows Urai and some mercs on Honoghr, and these guys weren't putting up much of a fight. :tsk:

I'm asking if the Noghri are a powerful indigenous unit like wookies, and whether or not they have a proper role as Imperial elite units.

Thoughts, anyone?

So what abilities do the Noghri have? I'm assuming they have "take cover" in addition to a second ability.

I noticed that they have disruptor rifles. No doubt these new Noghri troopers will be the ultimate "anti-plex solidier" units.

It's true. Honoghr has normal indigenous Noghri, but if the Empire controls the planet they get access to Noghri Assassin units.

Are these indigenous units formidable like wookies? Noghri are suppposed to be pretty nuggety little fighters...

@Darth Anarch, I think I read somewhere the Rebellion don't have any units like this. I can't really think of any that apply, to be honest.

Also, Torpid (or anyone else): Do you still need to control a planet to create TIE Phantoms? If so, is this planet Aeten II? :ears1:

So what abilities do the Noghri have? I'm assuming they have "take cover" but is there some other ability that they have?

I bet their special is something along the lines of a "sneak" mode, in which they move slowly but undetectably. And since they are "Noghri Assassins," I hope they either have some special ability on the Galactic Map or that their second special is a short-range instant-kill attack against infantry.

I bet their special is something along the lines of a "sneak" mode, in which they move slowly but undetectably. And since they are "Noghri Assassins," I hope they either have some special ability on the Galactic Map or that their second special is a short-range instant-kill attack against infantry.

I'd love a Galactic benefit as well, like a free bounty hunter with a large cooldown that can only affect minor heroes, or something.

This would make Honoghr a pretty big priority for all factions, for the Imps to acquire this special and for the others to deny them an advantage. Think about it though, nightsisters will probably be pretty powerful, as will some of the other planet-specific units. I reckon all these units will pack a punch - Not too sure about the Ewok Handler though...

Maybe a "stealth" ability like our friend Tyber.

Maybe a "stealth" ability like our friend Tyber.

This brings up something that I've been wondering - where exactly is Tyber getting all this cloaking tech? Proper cloaking stuff in the EU relies on crystals that are all but exhausted by the Rebellion era. Stygium crystals, if anyone doesn't know and/or wants to.

I hope this will get an explanation in the campaign.

This brings up something that I've been wondering - where exactly is Tyber getting all this cloaking tech? Proper cloaking stuff in the EU relies on crystals that are all but exhausted by the Rebellion era. Stygium crystals, if anyone doesn't know and/or wants to.

I hope this will get an explanation in the campaign.

We don't really go into the contents of the black market in the story, but the technology comes from the TIE phantom project. Of course Tyber has his own engineers working on things, so he always has a few modifications to make on anything he steals.

Obviously Alliance get to use wookiees.

I meant as a unit that can be used like any other when a certain planet is controlled. The Alliance will still have indigenous forces loyal to them on planets, but I doubt we'll see 'wookie warriors' as a regular Rebel unit when the Alliance controls Kashyyyk.

I meant as a unit that can be used like any other when a certain planet is controlled. The Alliance will still have indigenous forces loyal to them on planets, but I doubt we'll see 'wookie warriors' as a regular Rebel unit when the Alliance controls Kashyyyk.

On the PFF, they said wookiees would not be a balance to the other factions' planet controlled units. They said the rebels have more of their power in heroes, so I guess they think wookiees would unbalance them.

On the PFF, they said wookiees would not be a balance to the other factions' planet controlled units. They said the rebels have more of their power in heroes, so I guess they think wookiees would unbalance them.

Yeah, that's what I meant. They did say there were no planet specific Rebel units, didn't they?

Anyway, I hope Noghri are more than just an anti-infantry unit, like a TIE Mauler that can't run people over. I think they deserve better: Think of their little grey faces! :yodac:

As Ablett was suggesting, Wookie squads would be kinda cool. If your good enough im sure you can XML them. As for Noghri, I would bet my left nut that they have some kind of stealth ability and, im just throwing this out there, but what about some kind of assassin attack that does good damage to heroes? (demolitions attacks have been done to death). Honoghr will be tough for non Imperials to take if its anything like Kashyyyk and a bit easier for Imperials to defend.

After reading what Torpid wrote I just realised that with modification (xml), *anything* can be cloaked now, hopefully...imagine the craziness...cloaked AT-ATs, cloaked TIE defenders, cloaked Star Destroyers etc etc!

Speaking of craziness, what about PoiuyWireds suggestion of Rebel controlled Wampas. They are cute, cuddly and loveable, and I love them as much as the next person but their definately not controllable! :p They would be nasty though...as long as they were put in the game you could give them a stealth ability and they would just go around monstering everything.

The Rebels had Wampas in Echo Base, but these were not friendly. Some were locked up, but some got loose in the base, killing rebels. In a deleted scene of ESB, some Wampas were put in a room and a warning was put on that door. However C-3PO took the warning off and the Wampas inside were freed by stormtroopers, who soon died. They would be cool, though.

If it goes for the noghri they are in my mod they have stealth and .. I haven't tested them .... so this is all and everything is posible but an cloaked At-At !?

I woudn't like that knocking at my door :).

A cloaked AT-AT sounds cool in theory, but let's face it: feeling the ground shake under you while watching giant footprints appearing in a line towards you would be a giveaway... :giggle1:

A repulosr eqiped AT-AT :D.... or a cloaked barge ... you here a kock sound .. look behind a big dore opens in mid air ..you look inside a AT-AT ...

soon all battles will be cloaked ... Cloked Rebel "Hey Is there anbody here?" Cloaked Stormtrooper "Yep.. But i don't know where...:)"

the noghri should be kool. i remember in the books that they are brilliant assasins, they tried to kill leia multiple times. there planet was ruined by a space battle in the clone wars, and only a small patch of land is habitable. when ol darth n palpy went there they said theyd help them by sending decon droids and supplies etc, but as you would expect with the empire it was a ploy.

they could have helped them out in short time but they wanted them as assasins, infact it was thrawns body gaurd, a noghri, that killed him because the noghri found out that the empire was lying and teamed up with the new republic becoming bodygaurds and such like, and the ones on the planet were sent to a new planet so they could be self sufficient. and leia had some as personel bodygaurds for a while until the council decided that it wasnt right to use any of 'the emporers' weapons.

anyway lol, sorry bout that but i not long read the book and it was cool, so back to topicish i think they will have a stealth ability as well as some sort of instant kill for a unit, like assasinate or something, maybe they can use it on hero's and also maybe there like good unit to send to kill hero's in conquest or something

Archived