Home

More help, but this time about Steam...

Troopr-Undr-Fir

So, my question is, I have my games that use steam on my old computer in the living room, and now that I got my new computer, and now finally a net connection, I wanted to know how I go about getting my games to be forwarded to the new one. I was downloading them from the games list I had when I installed steam on the new computer, but then stopped thinking maybe I should find out first. Also, keep in mind I lost the disks for HL:1, TFC, and CS, but still have HL:2 disks.

I feel like such a noob, but I gotta know.

Thank you :)

I don't see why it wouldn't.

But when I had to reformat my comp every f***in week, what I did was right click the game, and then click backup local files, or something like that. And then it just made the files, and you could burn them to CD, DVD, or just transfer them to another comp.

I got a steam question too. I finally bought HL2 (!!) (the GotY DVD version) and I wanna put it on the laptop i'm taking to japan. thing is.. i dunno when/if i'll get an internet connection again. I've never used steam before: if I log in, download the updates and activate the game before I go, can I keep playing it.. or does it need to connect to the internet every time i play, or every week or something?

I got a steam question too. I finally bought HL2 (!!) (the GotY DVD version) and I wanna put it on the laptop i'm taking to japan. thing is.. i dunno when/if i'll get an internet connection again. I've never used steam before: if I log in, download the updates and activate the game before I go, can I keep playing it.. or does it need to connect to the internet every time i play, or every week or something?

I haven't used it, but the official word is here :

What is Offline Mode?

Offline Mode allows you to play games through Steam without connecting to the Steam Network - this is particularly useful if you do not plan on playing over the internet and would prefer not to download updates for your single-player games.

Please note that you must connect to the Steam Network at least once to set up your account and configure Offline Mode on your machine.

More online.

Mike

Archived