Home

Killing-off the characters

igyman

Fair enough. Have you read the introduction and part one of my KotOR III story so far? If not, here's a link...

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171405

Although I think I will make some changes to my story, to make it less restricting and eliminate all characters from the game who's fate isn't decided according to the alignment of Revan and the Exile.

I may even start it in a new timeline to allow more events to happen and to help create a more fixed beginning so that I can avoid most of the annoying variables from the previous KotOR's...

I've read your story, and commented on it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Really, this should be the very last game, and hence give the remaining characters the deaths they deserve. Revan has to die in the end, simply to stifle the urge to consider sequels and to add dramatic effect to the game. Also, Canderous has to sacrifice himself to save Revan. If you play it that Carth is still alive, he should die for the Republic as a hero. If you play it the Jolee is still alive, he should simply return to Kashyyyk in the end after Revan dies to continue his solitude.

Also, deaths should vary depending on your alignment to really make the emotional impact stick. They should definately not simply mention a death. That would simply sadden players without using that story idea to the fullest extent.

...As for the others, I'm not sure, I'd like to see Calo Nord resurface and then maybe die for the third time (but this time for real)...

That's a problem in both video games and hollywood. They think that if people love a character enough, they'll want to see him back from the dead. However, this only makes the character less likeable, because it removes all drama from their first death, which becomes meaningless. Take Caption Barbosa in POTC for example. The end of the first movie is simply not worth it anymore.

Also, deaths should vary depending on your alignment to really make the emotional impact stick. They should definately not simply mention a death. That would simply sadden players without using that story idea to the fullest extent.

yeah, like is PC's love gets killed by the person he/she hates the most. that would be awesomely emotional.

• 2 weeks later...

well, how about Bastila's mother, I actually think she should live after getting some advanced new treatment, and reappear in the sequel as an embassador of some sort whom the PC can speak to and get some deep insight about Bastila. How about rumors of Revan's death? (they don't have to be true)

Archived