Home

Demo Thread! (First impressions)

Cavkov

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The demo is exactly what I was expecting. There are 4 playable planets with quests you must follow. You are limited at what units you can train/build. Anyway, I think the graphics look great, especially on the new planets of Felucia and Kamino. Man, those Felucia ground beetles are awesome! I actually saw a new ship that the Imperials had...a Venator-class Star Destroyer. Everyone should purchase this game when it comes out...it's going to look incredible and have so many more units, planets, features, etc.

The demo was ok not giving away to much before the big game ;)

i like the new faction and there are alot more in the gameplay than the original game! its going to be outstanding!

GREAT JOB PG!

PS. i would like o have more freedom in the demo but its ok i guess there will be mods soon ;)

The demo is exactly what I was expecting. There are 4 playable planets with quests you must follow. You are limited at what units you can train/build. Anyway, I think the graphics look great, especially on the new planets of Felucia and Kamino. Man, those Felucia ground beetles are awesome! I actually saw a new ship that the Imperials had...a Venator-class Star Destroyer. Everyone should purchase this game when it comes out...it's going to look incredible and have so many more units, planets, features, etc.

The Venator is not a new ship. It was in the origional, you just had to know how to unlock it.

The demo was good, albeit short. I enjoyed the new features and I liked the Consortium more than I thought I would. I think my favorite overall unit was the Vengeance-class Frigate. Two of these bad boys totally rocked a :vsd:

I am definitly looking forward to the real deal!

Wow, that was fun. I definetly want Forces of Corruption now. I liked the different kinds of terrain, especially, and corruption is cool, especially with the tactical modifers that it gives while invading. For example, Rackeetering gives you money for units you kill.

i think the demo is great, but as mentioned, its a bit short, i love the units and the infantry only terrain was kool. and the venator isnt a new imp ship, and i also dont think that it will be an empire unit, it was a mandalorian ship (not made by them, but it was owned by them) and they also had a corrilean courvette and ivp's, but i really cant wait till the full version comes out, hats off to petro

I liked the demo a lot! I hope that those new imp and rebel units can counter the new Consortiuum units though. I would hate to have the Consortiuum overpowered. Other than that, I saw it's a great game and I'm definitly getting it.

The Zann Conzortium (sp) will add alot to the game its very different from emp and reb. so the game will be much more varieting and more fun to play if you are tired of emp and reb.

I love the new maps and terrain where only infantry can go through! Felucia looked GREAT! and so did Kamino. cant wait to play the other maps!

so do u have to pay for download it? any way to get it for free?

You don't need to pay to download; all you need is to register at Fileplanet with a valid e-mail address.

I can't play the demo my computer doesn't have direct x 9 how do you install it

DirectX can be downloaded from Microsoft's homepage.

So, about the demo... I'll begin with the negative bits. First of all, I was a little disappointed in the graphics. I have a machine that's way past the recommended specs and I cranked up all the detail levels, but things still looked a little grainy. Maybe it's just the terrain on Felucia and Kamino, I don't know. It was also a little difficult to keep track of the Consortium's ships in space combat, because they're so dark.

A second thing that was a little annoying was the lack of a save feature. There was a lot of dialogue in the demo, and playing through everything one more time while listening to it all would be boring. But of course, that has nothing to do with the game as such.

With the critisism out of the way, let's get to the praiseworthy stuff. The new Consortium units all look great. I particularly liked those heavy artillery starships (I forgot their names - the ones without shields). It was great fun to have a few of those babies hammering away at the Imperial space station. The other units also worked great. I liked the fact that Consortium infantry can't use the "take cover" ability; that makes them stand out a little from the other infantry units.

Having terrain that was imassable to infantry was a great idea. I hope that will be used on some other planets as well and not just Felucia. The terrain on Felucia looked excellent, by the way, and I particularly liked those blue slug-like creatures.

The "pathfinder slot" in the fleets and armies was a great idea, making your initial fleet much more adaptable. And from what I could see, the base layout screen was everything I'd hoped for. The Consortium units, especially the heroes, seemed a little overpowered, but I assume that the demo isn't entirely balanced like the retail product will be.

So, an excellent demo that left me hungry for more. Well done, guys!

I think there is something wrong with the downloading time required. It says it will take 6 hours and 32 minutes to download. That doesn't seem right...

That's how long it took for me to download the regular EAW demo.

EDIT: whoops, thinking of another game demo.

Originally posted by Darth Anarch

So, about the demo... I'll begin with the negative bits. First of all, I was a little disappointed in the graphics. I have a machine that's way past the recommended specs and I cranked up all the detail levels, but things still looked a little grainy. Maybe it's just the terrain on Felucia and Kamino, I don't know. It was also a little difficult to keep track of the Consortium's ships in space combat, because they're so dark.

I have an ATI X1600 Pro (512mb) and I thought the graphics were smooth and flowing (and I didn't have the graphics settings cranked up much). I didn't notice the units being too dark either. Perhaps it was your monitor settings (brightness, etc.)?

Originally posted by Darth Anarch

The new Consortium units all look great. I particularly liked those heavy artillery starships (I forgot their names - the ones without shields). It was great fun to have a few of those babies hammering away at the Imperial space station.

That would be the Vengeance-class Frigate, and yeah it was my favorite unit too! They fire mass-driver cannons which go right through shields and do awesome damage. Two of them totally owned a :vsd: !!

Archived