Home

FoC goes GOLD!

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

STAR WARS® EMPIRE AT WAR™: FORCES OF CORRUPTION™ GONE GOLD

Expansion to the best-selling Star Wars PC strategy game in stores October 24; Single-player demo now available

LucasArts and Petroglyph Games today announced that Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, the highly anticipated expansion for Star Wars: Empire at War, has reached the gold milestone and will ship to retail stores in North America October 24.

In the award-winning and best-selling Star Wars: Empire at War, players controlled an entire war for the Star Wars galaxy as the Rebel Alliance or the Galactic Empire. Now, they will face off against both of them in Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption. As Tyber Zann, players will stop at nothing as they seek to become the most notorious criminal leader since Jabba the Hutt. With all new tactics like piracy, kidnapping, and bribery, players can control the shadowy forces of corruption in their attempt to rule the Star Wars underworld.

I'm a little confused, though. It say both "in stores October 24th" and "ships October 24th". Now, no matter how quick LucasArts are, the game won't make the store shelves until at least a handful of days after it ships. So I wouldn't line up outside your local game store on the 24th.

It really depends. My local stores all had EaW about a week before its release date, but wouldn't sell it until the release date.

On the other hand, with *most* games, the game won't even arrive at the store until the release date or the day after.

The smartest move is to probably call the store on the 24th and ask if they have it--it saves a wasted drive.

Archived