Home

cant build a research facility

ambar

hi ppl

nice to meet u all! well i think i am having a problem . i am playing single player mode from empire side .

i am now almost at conquering genesis but i am still at tech level 1. I know tht i can upgrade to level 2 using research facility but i cant build it.

its not availbale in the option of structures tht can be build.All i can build is academy , heavy , light factory and mining facility ,thts it.

can u tell me how to upgrade to higher tech levels?

thank you

ambar :)

yup, and the research facility is for the death star.

other than that u get an upgrade icon in the original game in the spaceyard for 5thousand credits or somthin. cant remember actually cause im playing around with alotta mods.

In Galactic Conquest upgrades are in the form of a ground icon, on the planet on which you have the research facility. They cost 2,000, 4,000, 6,000 and 8,000 credits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i can't seem to build the research center either. i can't complete the "capture princess leia" mission because i need an imperial star destroyer with a tractor beam. however, since i can't build a research center i can't requisition a star destroyer with a tractor beam. do i need to have certain buildings built first before i get the research center build option?

all of my space stations are at level 4 or 5 but i can't seem to figure a way to build this stupid research center!!! grrrrrrrr.......

If you're playing the Empire Campaign you can't upgrade your tech level yourself. It will go up automatically after you complete certain missions.

That's you're answer gnrlveers52. I think you should be able to build a Star Destroyer at that point anyway, but they can only be built at Kuat, Mon Calamari, Sullust or Fondor if you have a level 4 space station.

• 3 weeks later...
omg......duh. i didn't notice it before but yeah the imperial star destroyer option was only available at certain shipyards. how mind numbingly frustrating.

thanks for your help

I Seem to remember, just taking Piet's Star Destroyer for that mission anyway, so you probably didn't even need to build one :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. I have played this game through once and am nearly done with the game a second time, and I am still not given the option to build a research facility. I am wondering how one builds a research facility? Are there restrictions of where the research facility can be build like where one can build Imperial Star Destroyers? I am having trouble building research facilitys and need instructions on how to build them.

In which game mode?

In galactic conquest, it should appear in the ground build tab just like any building, on any Imperial-controlled planet.

In campaign, your tech level progresses automatically as the story plays out. If you can't build one at all, it sounds like you're playing a campaign.

Archived