Home

The experience system & skills and abilities thread

Maxstate

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about something like "Dexterity",

Level 1, you will be able to shoot single shots when on the ground.

Level 2, you will be able to use burst and shooting takes less MP

Level 3, You lose even less MP when shooting (same as you lose when standing still?) on the ground and get Dodge.

Points something like 1, 2, 5.

I'd much rather see skills for each. Auto-push could be Jedi intuition or whatever while shooting from the ground could be seen as Balance control ;d

Edit:

I know you take upwards of an hour for each skill you add so I wouldn't hold it against you if you postponed making these skills for whenever you think would be good. OJP's balance problems are slowly on their way to getting fixed so we might all have a bit of extra time left soon.

I'd like skills do be individual too, not everything in 1 skill, but a skill for every skill, which is rather normal !

A few examples:

- Aiming accuracy: each of the 3 levels imrove accuracy a bit, which makes you gain less MP per shot. (This applies also when running, standing etc... it's an overall MP gain reduce.)

- Reflexes: decreases the DP cost to perform a body dodge. (Maybe put the default DP cost to 50, and then -5 per level, which puts it down to 35 at level 3.)

On to what I had in mind for the skilltree to be like;

Skill tree - potential skill ideas.

Gun Skills:

Improved accuracy - 5 points -- weapons affected: E-11, bowcaster.

Your accuracy will be almost perfect in a crouched position. High for everything other than crouching.

Commando's Accuracy/Improved accuracy 2 - 5 points -- weapons affected: E-11, bowcaster.

Your accuracy will be almost perfect in a crouched position, medium mishap gain while running, a bit lower for standing/crouching.

Sniper's Accuracy/Improved Accuracy 3 - 3 points -- weapons affected:

E-11, bowcaster.

Your E-11 and Bowcaster aim are unmatched, you gain very little mishap while shooting.

Master sniper's accuracy/seperate acc power - 4 points -

Weapons affected: Tenloss

Charging the tenloss disruptor up to max capacity is now a lot quicker.

Aimed mode (if implemented) will give you one level higher accuracy like manual deflect for jedaaai.

=-----------------

Flamethrower added!

=-----------------

Now for this skill to work, secondary fires, should be deactivated for all weapons. I don't think this will be too hard eh Ace?

Blaster Training- 4 points -- weapons affected: E-11, Bryar pistol, DL-44 Pistol, Thermal Detonator.

Your use of light armaments has become better and more efficient due to extensive training. (Secondary fire enabled for the weapons listed, otherwise aimed mode enabled.)

Blaster Training 2/Demolition training - 4 points -- Weapons affected:

Clone rifle, Rocket Launcher:

Clone rifle blob enabled (with high ammo drain) and rocket launcher's cooldown lowered.

Blaster Training 3/Rifle training - 3 points -- Weapons affected:

Thermals:

Secondary fire explodes thermals after two seconds.

=----------------

Recoil control - 10 points -- Weapons affected: E-11, Bowcaster, Repeater, Pistols, Disruptor.

Use of blasters has granted you with improved recoil control.

-Rate of fire times 1.25, times 1.50 for pistols from aimed mode.

=----------------------

Focus aiming - 10 points -- Weapons affected: e-11, bowcaster, pistol, clone rifle and any other future light weaponry.

-Aimed mode is enabled.

=-----------------------

Pistol Specialization - 7 points

Your frequent use of pistols has taught you how to dual-wield them with skill.

-Pistol dual-wield a la cultist_commando with increased damage (notice it's called a HEAVY pistol..)

Otherwise just give it a charge function that ignores saber defenses at full charge.

=--------------------------------------_____________________________=

End of gunner skills.

Simple gadgets/upgrades:

Armor added!

All points that are not allocated to a skill will act as armor points.

=-------------

Emergency medpack - 8 points

Emergency medipack that can be used to heal 30 HP, must be used in meditative position. Use from inventory.

Emergency Bacta-canister - 10 points

Emergency bacta canister can be used to heal 50 HP while standing still, use from inventory.

Medistation - 20 points

Thrown out of the inventory like the ammo generator we have now, with the model of the ingame medikit taht can be found scattered across maps, anyone that stands close to it will heal 15 HP every 3 seconds. The medipack has enough battery lifetime in it to last 60 seconds before it vanishes.

=-------------------------------

Endurance Training - 10 points

Higher run speed, about 5% higher.

Survival training

Bacta, medpacks, shields and all other pickups are 15% more useful.

(more health from bacta/medkits and such)

=-------------------------------__________________________________

Now I'll save my Lightsaber skill thoughts for another time, but here's what I think that some Force skills should look like:

Improved Force Jump - 10 points

Increases Force Jump jumpheight to 24x regular jump height, and increases speed at which you fly up. Speed forwards remains the same ofcourse.

=------------------------

Channel the Force - 10 points

When you meditate you regain Force Points faster.

=-----------------------

Force Wave/Circle Push - 8 points (Acts like level 4 push).

The ability to use Force Push all around you in a wave form. Nothing new needed, just the radius of Force Push enlarged to be 360 degrees :D.

Burst of Speed (replaces current speed)

We need more control over the current speed, like the ability to use it as a sprint key or to toggle it off and on for little FP cost.

Ensi's force speed code is good but I see little chance for it getting converted :(

End of Force skills

Lightsaber skills: (red for damage/stat increase/active, blue for passive, green for hybrid - only for the lightsaber part here, gun part was purely cosmetic :) might change later.)

Saber Defense system EXPLAINED/TWEAKED! - The

SBD 1: Allows only deflection.

SBD 2: Allows basic reflection.

SBD 3: Allows aimed reflection. 50% Reflection-towards-crosshair rate.

If you run, your current skill level drops by one. So when you run with SBD3 you only have SBD2.

=-------------------------

Jedi Defense: - 5 points -- Lightsaber.

The jedi can now deflect shots away in a 360 degree radius, back hits drain 50% more DP than normal 180-front hits.

Advanced Jedi Defense: - 8 points -- Lightsaber

The Jedi can now deflect shots in a 360 degree radius without the back damage penalty.

Works in all styles.

Jedi Deflection/Manual Deflection (MD) SKILL ADDED!: - 10 points -- Lightsaber

Jedi can now tap fake at the moment a blaster bolt hits them to manually deflect them at a random enemy in range.

Only thing that needs to be done is to make this skill buyable :D

Martial Arts Training - 5 points -- Lightsaber

Kick has a wider area of effect so you can kick people away much easier.

Dueler's Defense. -10 points -- Lightsaber

Ripostes have a chance of disarming an opponent between medium and high and mishap.

=-----------------------

Master Parry -15 points --Lightsaber

If a Jedi is low on DP and his enemy is about to perform a superbreak in a lock, the jedi can perform a riposte in the right direction to save himself from the superbreak but only if it is timed correctly and if the Jedi still has above 30FP.

=--To be continued.

---------===========-----------

My old post about skills so we can drain some ideas from it.

Max, please link to individual posts instead of just reposting stuff. Plus, hasn't a lot of this stuff been basically impilemented and no longer valid?

That's why I didn't just quote: I took out the stuff we don't have yet and changed it to fit the current system more.

Plus this is all news to a lot of the new members! Darthdie commented on it and hadn't seen it before so I guessed it would be okay. I can put it in quotes or link to the post if you want.

Suggestion for gunners...can we make it so that shield is a buyable skill, and make it capable of slowly regenerating to a certain level? In combination with a hypothetical encumbrance system, perhaps each shield "upgrade" will be heavier than the previous.

And I really love Max's ideas about buyable gunner skills; for the accuracy skill tree, though, I think maybe crouching w/o moving increases mishap regen for guns may be what we're looking for? Kind of like the gunner equivalent to Force Channel.

OK here are a few things I took out of Max's big list, modified, regrouped, added, etc...

I didn't work on Jedi thing yet.

-=Weapons=-

*Light weapons mastery (pistol)

1 (1): Improves accuracy itself a bit (reduces the randomness angle)

2 (2): Less mishap gain (or higher mishap regeneration)

3 (4): Little bit faster rate of fire

*Pistol dual wield

1 (8): Gives you dual pistols instead of 1 pistol (rate is then doubled! Cumulative with the little rate boost of mastery level 3)

*Medium weapons mastery (E11, bowcaster)

1 (1): Improves accuracy itself a bit (reduces the randomness angle)

2 (2): Less mishap gain (or higher mishap regeneration)

3 (4): Little bit faster rate of fire

-=Self-boost=-

*Armour (with no level in this, you start with 10 AP)

1 (1): 40 AP +1 encumbrance

2 (2): 70 AP +2 encumbrance

3 (4): 100 AP +3 encumbrance (note, not cumulative, you dont have 3 at level 2 and 6 at level 3, just 1,2,3)

*Self repairing system

1 (8): Armour regenerates 1 point per second

*Wound habit

1 (8): Health regenerates 1 point per second

*Good runner

1 (4): 105% of normal running speed.

*Skilled jumper

1 (4): jumps 50% higher

Also, I'd like to know if it's possible to make altfire kick. So you could make a Martial artist skill, which would cost 4 or 8, and which would allow you to kick while having a weapon in hand! The problem is that it would remove the aiming mode. Otherwise, maybe having a kick button which is not on the altfire?

- I don't think we need to have additional weapon skills for accuracy other than the skills for the weapons themselves. It's kind of redundent.

- I know that dual pistols is possible; I just sweat about how hard it would be. :)

- Armor is already assigned based on the amount of merc Skill points that a player has allociated, but we could add an additional skill.

- I'm not sure we want regen health/armor. It's not realistic and it would invalidate the use of the bacta item.

- Would skilled jumper be for normal jumps or for Force jumps?

- Yes, we could have alt-fire be kicks, but then you'd lose the alt-fire on all the weapons or at least the ones with kick enabled.

-the level of the gun itself would be for ammo, the accuracy would be standalone.

-OK no regen, I remove it from my list

-skilled jumper is "neutral" power so its for both normal jumps and force jumps.

-Altfire is not really necessary for guns, at least the medium and light ones, if you hold dear the neverseen and ridiculous blob. As for the bowcaster, removing it's altfire would be better... bouncing shots... and what else... bowcaster should be some kind of slower, but more powerful E11.

- I know that dual pistols is possible; I just sweat about how hard it would be.

Just look at the MB2 code. :)

- Yes, we could have alt-fire be kicks, but then you'd lose the alt-fire on all the weapons or at least the ones with kick enabled.

I still don't like the idea of losing alt fire for something like aim or kicks. Your just reducing the weapon's features in the end. The was a reason Unreal tournament was more fun than Quake 3. I still like the Aim ideas that have been presented by UDM and Max, but not as alt fire.

Just look at the MB2 code. :)

I still don't like the idea of losing alt fire for something like aim or kicks. Your just reducing the weapon's features in the end. The was a reason Unreal tournament was more fun than Quake 3. I still like the Aim ideas that have been presented by UDM and Max, but not as alt fire.

Don't use alt fire for Aim Mode. What about using the Saber Throw button for Aim Mode? That button becomes useless in most cases anyway, unless you actually have a saber (and it becomes useful because you get your saber back that way after a disarm).

Using the saberthrow button is a good idea.

As for alt fire, there's probably a couple of weapons that we want to keep the alt fire. Like the disruptor, and maybe the rocket launcher.

Finally, I personally feel that attempting code ports from MB2 is a deadend. They never code tagged anything and filtering thru it all would take as much time as it would to do it manually.

What about....Jedi xVolutions code? He/she(Superdindon...nice guy/gal) has given out the source and in that mod it has dual weps...which he has commented.If not that maybe his mod before this one...the name slips my mind.Well you can find the source on pcgamemods(if it hasnt gone down again...and if it has i should('Should') have it.).

Here our point of views are totally different, it seems, I'm against those unrealistic altfires such as charge (which was removed already, thank god), or fast rate for E11 (removed too, uuuf), or bouncing bowcaster shots (if only they were ! just like the multi shot! bowcasters never shot like that in the movies...), or the nevereverseen blobs.

Altfire should be kept for disruptor, rocket launcher, det packs, thermal detonator (and make the 2 attacks different with it, like... 5 seconds before boom with prim fire, and 3 sec for alt fire)

That's true, and my knockdown system would help in balancing that, because at the moment, hybrids are overpowered because imune to force (absorb 3) combined with their weapons/items.

And if we add the slowdown+jumpcost due to weapon carrying, it might be balanced.

• 9 months later...
why do we need one level in seeing in order to get a lightsaber style. there has been people in the past like general grievous that knew lightsaber styles that didnt have any force powers. I doubt that he had "seeing" ,. the force sense...

Its to distinguish pure gunners from hybrids and jedi and giving advantages or disadvantages based on having that power or not. WIthout seeing one. your items regen in your inventory after a little while. We're working on balances for each type of player and having seeing 1 as a prerequisite is much easier code wise. We may do the same for guns some how. We're not sure yet.

I havent seen this thread in ages :D Can you resurrect my sabersystem suggestions thread too?! lol. That thread started everything for me and sets is the biggest ever in OJP ;)

• 2 months later...

Guys, we need some ideas on what to do with Force Powers like rage, protect, heal, etc. etc. In my opinion we should leave heal and team heal for later implementation, but overwrite the rest of them to have other effects. Force Destruction, Force Fly, Force push wave, Force Jack Thompson; the possibilities are endless.

Vote NAO!111

Archived