Home

The experience system & skills and abilities thread

Maxstate

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like *coughs*gunnersarevulnerabletoforceathighmishap*coughs* excuse me, It looks like we may be very close to balance after these changes are made.

I should however mention one of the concerns Darth Cariss had told me. He said that it was really frustrating to try and kill jedi who have jetpack because they would fly away anytime they are low on DP and the gunner would run out of ammo. I think this will be ok after we raise the damage to the disruptor by alot. In the air, a charged disruptor shot should kill you even with a saber I think. Heck maybe all shots in the air to a person with a saber should do alot more DP damage.

Also, Cariss was hoping that maybe we could make it so that the individual force power buttons could go straight to items when force powers arent selected by certain items are. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Speaking of ammo, you guys do realise that once gunners run out of ammo, they're...well, screwed right? We need to have an ammo recharge system of some sort, but recharge at a slow enough rate so that they aren't able to exploit this system

Fisty cuffs rofl.

When someone flies away I usually let them. For me it's about the points I get DURING the fight and not because I fragged someone. Just customising my character more and more to something I like and not to see my name on the toplists of ultra 1337 h4x1ng pwnerers or something.

From the changelog:

- Pistol now has 3 skill ranks. Higher ranks have better weapon accuracy.

Does this go for all weapons? It seems the accuracy of some weapons is much better when upgraded, as you can run with the bowcaster and the e-11 without taking too much mishap.

And if so maybe we should make some difference in Rate of fire, real time accuracy, damage per shot and all that?

I haven't noticed any difference between the 3 levels :s

And according to the changelog, it only applies to pistol, which has infinite ammo.

Other weapons gain ammo through levels.

As for the damage per shot, it should not be altered, a blaster always shoots the same thing, thus the same damage.

Yes, but the area it hits is never the same unless the target is standing still. Besides there are modifications you can apply to your gun and different ammo you can use for it in the star wars world that would be beneficial to damage.

The different areas are in already, aren't they? g_locationbaseddamage 1...

About the gun customization, this gives me an idea. You buy the gun itself, then it unhides 3 new skills : Damage increase, accuracy increase, rate increase.

Could it be possible to implement?

Does this go for all weapons? It seems the accuracy of some weapons is much better when upgraded, as you can run with the bowcaster and the e-11 without taking too much mishap.

This goes for all weapons. The accuracy system was actually added in the previous beta, it just didn't apply to the pistols since they only had 1 rank at the time.

And if so maybe we should make some difference in Rate of fire, real time accuracy, damage per shot and all that?

I think this would be too hard to balance and it's not really that realistic. Fire rates might be improved with illegal modifications, but I feel that it wouldn't be signicant enough to be noticable ingame or so obvious that EVERY player would do that modification.

Same applies to damage per shot. However, I should point out that I've added delay to the saber reflection rate. This delay means that Jedi have a capped number of bolts they can block in a period of time. If a player is skilled enough to hit the Jedi twice or more in rapid succession, they will break thru their saber defense and force them to Body Dodge (which costs much more DP).

But hitting a Jedi 2 times very quickly is impossible without clone rifle.

And clone rifle cant shoot more than 1 second or you have full mishap.

By the way, I think clone rifle should have its rate reduced to 2 or 3 times E11's instead of 8, because at the moment, you can just shoot in little bursts, and it shoots too much in my opinion.

I based the delays based on the fire rate of the weapons.

Level 1 Saber Defense can't deflect 2 e11 hits in succession.

Level 2 Saber Defense can't deflect 2 clone rifle hits in succession.

Level 3 Saber Defense can't deflect hits from 2 players firing e11s at the same time.

The hard part is actually landing hhits in rapid succession, and that's where the weapon accuracy comes in. Technically, you can come-in closer to get those shots but that also gives the jedi a better chance of slashing you.

As for the clone rifle, I think you're right, the fire rate should be reduced and the amount of DP cost to block it's shots should be restored to normal. (Right now, it's a bit cheaper to block clone rifle shots). Go ahead and bug ticket that. :)

As for the clone rifle, I think you're right, the fire rate should be reduced and the amount of DP cost to block it's shots should be restored to normal. (Right now, it's a bit cheaper to block clone rifle shots). Go ahead and bug ticket that. :)
but i love the clone rifle how it is. All the other guns seem so slow already i think the misshap is more than enough to balance out the primary fire and all the "blobs" need is to have to cost jacked way up (Im thinking 70 pts) so that way you need to think when to use them to make them effective and not just spam them as you would run out of ammo in like 5 shots

please leave the primary fire alone on the riffle

but i love the clone rifle how it is. All the other guns seem so slow already i think the misshap is more than enough to balance out the primary fire and all the "blobs" need is to have to cost jacked way up (Im thinking 70 pts) so that way you need to think when to use them to make them effective and not just spam them as you would run out of ammo in like 4 shots

please leave the primary fire alone on the riffle

In my code, I made the blast radius smaller for the blob and made it cost 40 points instead of 15. I think that should be fair since you could only blob 10 times even with level 3. The primary fire is ok with me. I'd say if we're going to slow it down any, make it slower at lower skill levels.

I'm curious to know what you guys are planning to do with the weapons. I mean, do you want one-weapon superiority, or making each weapon have its own merits and faults? Sorry I'm a little confused here

I'd much rather just give every weapon it's own perks and cons in terms of damage, special effects, lasting effects, rate of fire and such so a character can pick and choose his own weapons and not be trumped by someone that chose others.

That's why I think that the bowcaster should not have such uber accuracy at level 3 as it has a faster firing rate and seems to do more damage, plus has a 5 shots capability and bouncing shots. And we also have that pistol I got us permission for that we can always add in too :D

So with Bjuster's new awesome profile screen I thought we could brainstorm about some cool new skill ideas again.

Firstly I'd like to say that OJP already has gajillions of cool skills that are all coded in but are taken for granted.

Skills like dodging, auto-pushing and using Force Fall for jedi to ledge grab and shooting from the ground for gunners.

What do you guys think about the idea of having some of those skills (like shooting from the ground) renamed into something more star-wars like and put up to be buyable?

Archived