Home

The experience system & skills and abilities thread

Maxstate

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the sidenote, I found this mod

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/New_Force_Lightning_Pack;72011

And I really like what I see. Maybe we could ask the mod author for permission to use some of it?

Btw is moviesaberclashes included in default OJP? I figured that most of us are using that, but for those who arent, it could be a bit of a problem getting into pure servers, whose hosts use the moviesaberclashes mod. Again, get permission from author?

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/New_Force_Lightning_Pack;72011

And I really like what I see. Maybe we could ask the mod author for permission to use some of it?

Btw is moviesaberclashes included in default OJP? I figured that most of us are using that, but for those who arent, it could be a bit of a problem getting into pure servers, whose hosts use the moviesaberclashes mod. Again, get permission from author?

Ace mades his own movie clashes and I think and I like them a lot, so count me out. I'm too busy getting permission to use gun models :p

Some big suggestions:

- Make skill buying dynamic for everything. IE: Buy rocket in this life, and it gives it to you.

- In CTF, when you return the flag you should get +5 skill (debatable on amount)

- In CTF, when you kill the flag carrier you should get +5 skill (debatable on amount)

- In JM, if you kill the JM you should get some skill.

- In JM, if you are the JM you should get skill for how long you can hold the saber (have checks for being idle though so people cannot sit idle as JM to get lots of points)

Some big suggestions:

- Make skill buying dynamic for everything. IE: Buy rocket in this life, and it gives it to you.

- In CTF, when you return the flag you should get +5 skill (debatable on amount)

- In CTF, when you kill the flag carrier you should get +5 skill (debatable on amount)

- In JM, if you are the JM you should get skill for how long you can hold the saber (have checks for being idle though so people cannot sit idle as JM to get lots of points)

All good ideas I think. The other game modes have not been focused on and this would be a good place to start. Does anyone know if we have we done anything to balance holocron to our point system yet? IF not, we should probably be thinking about that as well.

All good ideas I think. The other game modes have not been focused on and this would be a good place to start. Does anyone know if we have we done anything to balance holocron to our point system yet? IF not, we should probably be thinking about that as well.

I haven't ever really played holocron so I really would not know, though maybe point system should be disabled like it is in Siege as the holocron gives saber powers, etc ?

Also guys, seeing as we do have CoOp maps and such and it is nice to see items, etc in MP maps too but what are your ideas on porting the SP-style seeing code in the cgame that allows us to see items, missiles, and other ents like objectives, etc and not just players. This could also be added to Basic (for CoOp only since it is a feature in SP)

Oh, so you mean making Force Seeing allow you to see nearby items and objectives in addition to other players?

I'm not sure we can really or should add more weapons that are player usable as that might fu(k things up.

Agreed. Adding new weapons looks pretty complicated and easy to screw up.

Some big suggestions:

These all seem like good ideas.

I don't think you should get points for killing the JM simply because players will be getting experience naturally by hurting the JM, who should have a LOT of experience points.

This is tricky. Should the JM have maxed out Skill points in all ranks? I'm not really sure how the JM should have experience allociated. Secondly, should we maybe restrict him to Jedi powers only or should we allow the JM to also be a super merc?

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/fi...ning_Pack;72011

Looks like it has promise, submit a task ticket that asks us to look into that. Maybe their Force_Fire effect would be able to replace the current flamethrower effect I'm using, which causes FPS drops.

I haven't ever really played holocron so I really would not know, though maybe point system should be disabled like it is in Siege as the holocron gives saber powers, etc ?

Yeah I suppose that would be fine. I'm not that big of a fan of holocron anyways so as long as it works, that's good enough for me.

Seige, however, we might want to spend a little more time planning out since it is a more played game type. I think we should have two types of seige. The first just normal like it is now, and the second more like MB2 where it is the last man standing type seige and maybe add points for killing others in that one.

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/FlameThrower_Mod;19803

Would this be good as well? (I kind of like this one better :p)

Also if you're going to add weapons would it be far fetched to suggest other models as well?

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/SoM3_Clone_DC15_Rifle;71840

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Boba_Fetts_EE3_Blaster_Carbine;46437

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Bryar_Replacement_Mod;52474

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/T21_Stormtrooper_Rifle;68913

These could be a kick in the butt for gunner combat.

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/FlameThrower_Mod;19803

Would this be good as well? (I kind of like this one better :p)

That was my original effect that I was using. However, the effect is very laggy. In addition, it moves very slowly in relation to the player so running resulted in the player moving into his own flames.

Also if you're going to add weapons would it be far fetched to suggest other models as well?

Pretty models. But like I said before, it's a bit of a hassle to add new weapons so we might not get to it. However, I should note that the bryer is already in the game code and assets so it shouldn't be to reenable if that's what you guys want.

That was my original effect that I was using. However, the effect is very laggy. In addition, it moves very slowly in relation to the player so running resulted in the player moving into his own flames.[/Quote]

LOL! I guess that can be seen as a problem. Why not just slow the player down to walking when using lightning/flame?

Pretty models. But like I said before, it's a bit of a hassle to add new weapons so we might not get to it. However, I should note that the bryer is already in the game code and assets so it shouldn't be to reenable if that's what you guys want.

I think those models are pretty :/

So thinking ahead to adding new weapons would be for the future then?

Oh I think Ensi will help us along with our weapon problems, he's already made a very good start. Not to mention all the other things he's been working on, glad that his talent finally erupted into Enhanced :)

Btw, I got permission for us to use that T-21 model.

I only posted the DE-10 because I was looking for weapons that MB doesn't use. Don't want people to have counterarguments when I mention holsters and stuff :p (kidding!)

I think we should start slow and see if that DE-10 can be included, it has everything you need, plus , I LOVE PISTOLS.

The problem with the experience system in game modes like Holocron, Jedi Master, and Siege is that since you can't allocate your skill points, you can't increase your DP past 50. Why not make it so that in these gamemodes, your unallocated skill affects your DP? In other words, in game modes where you can't allocate your skill points into force powers/guns, the skill points should still count towards increasing your maximum DP.

Also, should we make guns available during Holocron? It would be cool if they could take up a slot like the force powers do.

I could make it so you could allociate skill points in JM, Holocron, and Siege, it would just take a while to do and we'd have to decide what sort of mechanics we'd want.

But anyway, right now, unallociated skill points add more shielding/armor to the player. It's not exactly DP but it's a start.

Finally, I suppose we could have guns in Holocron, but we'd have to have someone do the additional graphics for the gun holos.

There, another 3 or so hours of testing done, my findings:

-The flamethrower and jetpack fuel meter needs to recharge MUCH slower.

Guns:

I've thought about it, and in the long term I think Ace is right; OJP needs an aiming system more than blaster skills, simple enough though.

Walking improves aim, crouching improves aim and standing still improves aim.

Crouching>Standing still>walking>running from top to bottom, I don't care what kind of percentages you bind to it, but that is how it should look like basically.

Now, throwing ALL the gunner skills that I mentioned aside, I would like to come back on an idea I had before. Instead of buying ammo for a weapon, how about you upgrade that weapon like in MB?

E-11:

Level 1 - 10 points

Has only a low rate of fire, primary fire.

Level 2 - 8 points

Primary fire's got an increased rate of fire and damage.

Level 3 - 5 points

Secondary fire is now a scope for taking out distant targets.

The should preferably have some recoil, and scoped shots should do more damage.

That kind of thing ^

Whadda ya think?

I think it's good, but should have more than 3 levels. About 5 I think, that'd be great

Actually come to think about it, perks may not be such a good idea for Jedi after all. Maybe we should go for persistent stats instead, for example Jedi Strength and Jedi Agility, that sort of thing

Archived