Home

-Capital Ships-

_x_Darth-Max_x_

Well.. i was looking at the Capital ships from all Factions.. And i noticed That the StarDestroyer Really gets the end of the stick.. :vsd:

Stardestroyer - Tractor beam

Kedalba - Shield leech

Agressor - Proton blast/ Ion Blast

Mon Calamari Cruiser - Boost shields..

I will start with the ISD

The ISD has a Tractor beam that's only effictive against Smaller Ships ( no Capital) And it does no Damage , + The Rebel Corvette can just boost Engines to get out..

Then there are people who say ; ''Yeah but The ISD gets a Whole Compliment of Fighters..'' , Okay i can understand Partially what u mean.. But if u place a Corvette or 2 Right next to ure Cap ship .. the Bombers wont even Come close..

Kedalba..- Not much to say here.. Seems better then the ISD, as the Shield leech ability makes u able to Drain shields.. and Get more Firepower at the same time..

Agressor - about this thing im Worried.. The First shot Immobilizes ( No escape ) , The 2nd Shot.. Kills smaller ships Entirely , and Destroys Hardpoints at bigger ships.. Seems very deadly!

Mon Calamari Cruiser - No Shield generator as Hard Point?. A big advantage for the Mon calamari Cruiser. The Boost shield power is good for when u are getting Overwhelmed and want to make it to a Safe distance.

Of course the Empire gets the SSD.. but it will Cost a Lot of Money , And how will the Empire be able to keep the Enemy ships at bay until the SSD is ready to be used..+ Not to mention the New mon Calamari Frigates.. Which will probably rip Right through Victory Sd's :smash:

Discuss!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ISD - As you said the main ability of our belowed symbol of the empire are TIE's so i think they will get upgraded (Tie interceptors) ... i remember when i played my modded demo those TIE were kicking.. me like hmm so that proglem out.

Kedalba - We don't konw much only that it leaches shields so i have a small teory it won't be super strong so using it with oter coruption unit will make it succesfull to operate corvets for def Frigates for extra fire power..

Agressor - (My favorite) Ok Agressors will be slow and lightl defended from the back, it will function primary as an artilery unit and will require coperation from coruption forces like Kedalba

Mon Calamari Cruiser - Mon's hmm ... hmmm get it separated from the main force and attack them with ion cannons (Tie defenders ability or our Agressor) they have a not so stron armor so the will be eaisly destroyed when thier shields will be down.

ISD will get Tie Interceptors i guess.. Although Tie Interceptors are better, They are still Cannon Fodder for a few Corvettes...Tie defenders on the Other hand.. ( Aren't these only Garrisoned by a Few: SSD,Piet,Thrawn?)

I think , 2 Kedalba Class Capital Ships ,And 1 Agressor Class Capital Ship. Will be very effictive... While the Kedalba's Eat away at the shields, The Agressor will blow Away massive chunks :launcher:

I still think Mon Calamari should been given 1 Shield Generator * or 2 , Which is Stated in Some Mon Calamari Schematics*

I also doubt that the Agressor will be Lightly Armored, As Mentioned by one of the Devs ... the Consortium has Expensive ships.. But ooohh they pack a Big punch

Long live the Empire!

All the capital ships have their own advantages. None are better than the others.

Star Destroyers can trap corvettes with their tractor beams and can release TIE fighters and bombers without affecting the population cap.

Mon Cal cruisers specialize in combat with massive warships and corvettes but are completely helpless against small fighters.

I have not used the Keldabe yet so I don't know it's strengths or weaknesses.

The Aggressor is a hulking thug with a glass jaw. It can easily disable enemy capital ships with it's heavy cannon but it is rendered useless without it.

I think every capital ship has it's own strengths and weaknesses. It falls into the hands of the player to use each capital ship's strengths effectivly while trying to cover it's weaknesses.

ISD's work just fine. Has anyone noticed them being grossly deficient in firepower? Because I have not.

Of course, if you really want ISD's to be the invincible juggernaughts they are in canon...

X. M. L.

One star destroyer varient that I made had enhanced shields, additional weapons hardpoints stacked on top of their basic ones, and lots more fighters.

Imbalanced? Sure

Bloody fun for someone who enjoys seeing a stardestroyer kick the living crap out of several enemy ships? Definitely

I really love petro for the XML thing...

Let's me throw balance right out the door when I want to...

Not to say that I never play with balanced settings; I usually do. LOL

Some data about the Kedable hot frrom the master text file:

TEXT_TOOLTIP_KEDALBE_BATTLESHIP The Keldabe-class, named for Mandalore's capital city, is another product of Mandal Hypernautics. It is a heavy capital ship, competing with Imperial Star Destroyers.

+Some text like use the drain shields on that rebel space station and useing them (their power) aginst it :)

Well, you can't complain if you're lazy :-)

i'm suprised that petro is as responsive to the community as it is. A snottier company would just say, "You have the xml, fix it yourself."

I remember little about programming from my class and even I can beef up a star destroyer lol!

Champ, I for one have done no programming in my life and I know there are others who fiddle with XMLs etc quite proficiently too with equally little formal training. God bless XML's and to Petro using them.

As for the cap ships, I agree the ISDs should be the lords of space they are meant to be BUT the devs have tried to make something of a balance without the pirates/rebs needing an armada of ships just to take on one ISD. I dont think any one pirate ship should be able to match an ISD, the empire would not allow such a theat to emerge, but the pirates stuff will have some weakness themselves, we just havent played with them enough yet.

But then the pirates should need an armada to take down an ISD. Mind you, I'm personally not fond of the idea that a criminal organisation can militarily stand up to the Empire and Rebellion, but there you go.

I also love the XML file system which can be easily edited, and like many here I have no formal computer training. But since it is so easy to use, I can go ahead and under-power the crims. :)

id like an imp star to b able to go toe to toe with any enemy cap ship and have no trouble taking it out, but in any game you need balance. personly i feel that if a game doent have balance then its not fun for the simple fact that its to easy or to hard, for example, if star destroyers were as tough as in cannon then it wouldnt be fun playin the empire, you'd just make a few as a fleet and that would be pretty much impenetrable.

Im not asking for the Imperial stardestroyer , To be the 1# Capital ship , That is the Executor's Place :p. I just think the Imperial Star destroyer should be very slightly buffed in Terms of weaponry.. Maybe add 1 Turbolaser?

+ I like the idea ,of a Criminal organisation rising to power.. Black sun's Head was a Competitor of Darth vader to become the right hand of the Emperor , Darth vader eventually destroyed Xizor with a ISD.. And some help from rebels, and Dash rendar

To be honest, comparison is a very bleak way of looknig at it. This is a strategy game, and a brilliant stratagist, such as myself will emplure the tractor beam and use it to it's maximum potencial to reach my goals. It is indeed a very useful tool. You jsut need to know WHEN to use it.

I agree with jedi Jim. I hate having to tip toe around with an ISD. Windu, ur right an ISD should be able to take on a fleet of lesser ships and criminals getting their hands on the the best tech i disagree with but as Jim and I said, there needs to be a balance for the game. PG has give the ZC a bit of colour, made them interesting and given them cool stuff. If PG made the ZC a merely expanded pirate faction who needed to field a huge number of second rate pirate craft, old dreadnoughts etc they wouldnt have the same appeal. As much of a stickler for accuracy and canon im just going to have to do what i do when I watch a James Bond film; leave reality at home and enjoy the movie.

I think the ISD should get an extra 2 turbo lasers and 2 ions considering they have nearly twice as many weapons as an MC80. That would be a fair representation of its firepower. As for the tractor beam...its useless when it needs it most (battling an MC80) but its GREAT for holding onto the Falcon and destroying it quickly.

One last thing about the Executor; on IGN I saw one of its abilities is to scramble all its fighter squadrons at once! How awesome would that be! Id love to see every ISD get that.

No the MC80 has 48 TLs and 20 Ions while the ISD 1 has 60 TL and 60 Ion. A more accurate reflection would be for the ships to have 1 weapon for every 10 they are supposed to have...with 6 Ions the ISD would be a true dealer of death and offset the shield boost ability.

Rust - sure, PG need to balance the game, but that doesnt mean every side gets the same thing. In the RTS 'Axis & Allies', the Germans, British, Americans and Soviets all get Heavy Tanks (actually the Germans get two, the second of which is better than all other heavies) but the Japanese dont. Instead they get the tankette which is like the light tank, only cheaper.

Basically the possible imbalance created by Japan not having the big heavy unit is balanced by giving them cheaper small units - which is how I think the Consortium should have been protrayed.

Well guys you have to remember we aren't talking about two factions anymore, this is three factions. Tyber Zann needs a ship that can compete with the Rebel's Mon Calamari fleet and the Empire's fleet of ISDs, Interdictors, and Victorys.

So when you think about it the ISD isn't really getting pushed back, each faction needs a battleship of sorts(Rebs are Mon Cal, Imps are ISD, and Consortium is Kedalba.)

(This is more in reply to earlier posts in the topic.)

Do you people want realism or a good game? Seriously, I understand what you are saying, but don't overdo it. The Black Market has many OUTLAWED weapons. That would explain the powerful weapons. I also remember seeing something that said that Consortium units in genreal, have weak armor. A perfect weakness to exploit.

I agree

if htier are 2 anti fighter ships and 1 capital ship on each side the empire is a a great disadvantage. Lets do this with the empire vs the rebelsso a isd sends its fighter out they get creamed by the corleian corvette, they go into direct battle and lose because of the mon cals boost sheild ability unbalanced.

now with the ZC the isd sends out its fighter once again they get creamed they og into direct combat and the isd loses because of the agresors ion canon and proton thing.

Archived