Home

Timeline Help

The Doctor

I've posted this over in the KotOR section, but I thought I'd get more help here. I'm working on a new story, but I need some help with the canonised timeline. I've managed to piece together a half-decent one, but it doesn't cover much of the post-RotJ stuff. I don't really trust Wookiepedia for this kind of thing - sure, it's alright for the odd reference, but not for the amount of research I need to do for this fic.

I was hoping that some of the people here could help me fill in the post-RotJ stuff, up until about 130 ABY. And if anyone can give me an exact year for the death of Luke Skywalker, that would be great, too - but from what I could find, there isn't a specific date given. I've set it to c. 60 ABY for the purposes of my story.

Here's a copy of what I have so far. As I said, it's not half bad so far, but I need some help.

3,976 BBY (4116 BDA) - The Mandalorians began attacking worlds on the Outer Rim.

3,965 BBY (4105 BDA) - The Galactic Senate declares war on the Mandalorians.

3,963 BBY (4103 BDA) - A number of Jedi disobey the Jedi Council and join the Mandalorian Wars on the Republic side, including Revan, Malak and the Jedi Exile.

3,960 BBY (4100 BDA) - The Mandalorian Wars end; Revan and Malak vanish into unknown space with a third of the Republic fleet.

3,959 BBY (4099 BDA) - Revan declares himself the new Dark Lord of the Sith; The Jedi Civil War begins.

3,957 BBY (4097 BDA) - Revan is defeated onboard his flagship after Malak turns against him. Revan is captured by the Jedi Order.

3,956 BBY (4096 BDA) - The Jedi Civil War ends.

c. 2000 BBY (2140 BDA) - Rise of the New Sith Empire under Darth Ruin; Decline of the Galactic Republic.

c. 1,100 BBY (1240 BDA) - First Galactic Dark Age

- The Republic continues to decline as the New Sith Empire wages war on the Republic.

c. 1000 BBY (1140 BDA) - Defeat of the New Sith Empire at the Seventh Battle of Ruusan; The Ruusan Reformation; End of the First Galactic Dark Age.

896 BBY (1036 BDA) - Birth of Yoda the Wise (approximate).

350 BBY (490 BDA) - The Neimoidians found the Trade Federation.

102 BBY (242 BDA) - Birth of Dooku (Serenno).

92 BBY (232 BDA) - Birth of Qui-Gon Jinn; Birth of Plo Koon (Dorin); Birth of Ki-Adi-Mundi (Cerea).

85 BBY (225 BDA) -Mos Eisley is founded on Tatooine.

82 BBY (223 BDA) - Birth of Palpatine, future Emperor and Sith Lord (Naboo).

80 BBY (221 BDA) - Birth of Panaka, future Imperial Moff.

72 BBY (213 BDA) - Birth of Shmi Skywalker, grandmother of Luke Skywalker; Birth of future Jedi Master Mace Windu.

64 BBY (205 BDA) - Birth of Wilhuff Tarkin, future Imperial Grand Moff (Eriadu).

57 BBY (198 BDA) - Birth of Obi-Wan Kenobi, future Jedi Master.

54 BBY (195 BDA) - Birth of Darth Maul, future Apprentice to Darth Sidious (Iridonia).

48 BBY (189 BDA) - Birth of Mon Mothma (Chandrila).

46 BBY (187 BDA) - Birth of Padmé Amidala, mother of Luke Skywalker (Naboo).

44 BBY (185 BDA) - The Stark Hyperspace War begins and ends later the same year; Qui-Gon Jinn takes Obi-Wan Kenobi as his apprentice.

43 BBY (184 BDA) - Death of Darth Plagueis the Wise; Rise to power of Darth Sidious.

42 BBY (183 BDA) - Birth of Anakin Skywalker (later known as Darth Vader), father of Luke Skywalker.

32 BBY (173 BDA) - The Naboo Crisis; Senator Palpatine is elected as Supreme Chancellor.

25 BBY (166 BDA) - The Yuuzhan Vong establish an advance base on the planet Bimmiel.

24 BBY (165 BDA) - The Separatist Crisis begins.

22 BBY (163 BDA) - Count Dooku officially forms the Confederacy of Independent Systems; The Clone Wars begin; The Galactic Senate grants Supreme Chancellor Palpatine the first of many emergency powers; Birth of Kyle Katarn (Sulon; approximate).

19 BBY (159 BDA) - Death of Count Dooku at the hands of the Jedi; Destruction of General Grevious by the Jedi; Fall of Anakin Skywalker, who becomes Darth Vader; Order 66 (The Great Jedi Purge); Birth of Luke Skywalker (Polis Massa); Birth of Leia Amidala Skywalker (later Organa,and later Organa Solo; Polis Massa); Death of Padme Admidala; Construction of Death Star I begins; Rise of the Palpatinian Empire (aka The First Galactic Empire).

2 BBY (142 BDA) - The formation of the Rebel Alliance.

0 BBY (140 BDA) - Battle of Yavin.

18 ABY (122 BDA) - Resignation from office of Chief of State by Leia Organa Solo; Election of Ponc Gavrisom.

20 ABY (120 BDA) - The marriage of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade.

21 ABY (119 BDA) - Leia Organa Solo is re-elected as Chief of State.

23 ABY (118 BDA) - Leia Organa Solo resigns as Chief os State for the second time.

40 ABY (100 BDA) - The Galactic Alliance launches punitive military strike against Corellia.

c. 60 ABY (80 BDA) - Death of Luke Skywalker.

c. 130 ABY (10 BDA) - Rise of the Second Galactic Empire.

c. 140 ABY (0 BDA) - Great Plague; Collapse of Galactic Civilization; Second Galactic Dark Age begins.

For now, just ignore the BDA references, as well as terms such as 'Palpatinian'. You can guess what most of them are. :p

Archived