Home

Knights of the New Galaxy

HerbieZ

"OMG Herbie's lost his marbles!" - TheSuperRodian. Now enough of this. :smash:

It's Rainy, Dark and its half one in the morning. I happened to be Daydreaming a second ago, as i do (although its night so it's technically nightdreaming.. which is sleeping which im not doing, i am awake so you could say i was unconcious!)

I was thinking about what if Lucasarts decided to create a seperate game from Kotor with the same game mechanics but based in the future. Yes i am aware there are threads about this topic but not on the same level as i was thinking of. Instead of 50 years ABY or 180 years ABY, what about 4000 or even 8000 years into the future. Throw it so far into the future, it has the freedom to go anywhere.

What would people think of this?

Moreover, how do you think things would advance? Bearing in mind the advance in technology from Kotor compared to the films. Do you think things will be sleeker and faster or will wars have been and gone that have technologically regressed the galaxy. If you think about it, the potential is limitless. I thought about having maybe a once lesser known species have abit more presence in the Galaxy such as Rodians who have had their society converted to a peaceful utopian community or maybe the Hutts have been extinct for a thousand years. New inventions such as thinner, more powerful Lightsabers and even Jedi that can stop planets from rotating in space. Some powerful stuff.

What other advances would people like to see?

So, wouldn't it be set in the year 4000? Wouldn't that sort of deplete(no the word i'm looking for, just woke up. Probably misspelled, too. :\)the whole concept of Star Wars. Long time ago, galaxy far, far, away...

No to mention we've been to this time period before. Not the same galaxy mind you, but when your so advance, i mean tens-of-millenia ago you have swoop bikes and interceptors, there's really no where to go but down... or away.

That would be quite interesting, but it could go in alot of different directions...

I liked the "used and old galaxy" feeling you got in the OT, instead of the "brand new and shiny galaxy" you get in the Prequels...So something like that would be quite interesting, but it would be hard to come up with something we haven't already seen before, even in the SW galaxy.

"Always in motion, the future is..."

Well yeah that's what i had in mind as well, i don't like the shiney new galaxy look. It's why i said maybe its a possibility that technology has regressed but also im talking cultural impact. Have new species risen and have some old species gone. Also, 'movingpictures' it can still be a long time ago as we don't really know how long ago the movies were. Try not to use a human timeframe on it.

As many have stated above the new and shiney galaxy is nasty. But if it had regressed and the galaxy was recovering frome something. ( I say the galaxy only due to the factthe republic and sith could cease to exist.)Then maybe I would be intrested in it but it would need origanal ideas. Or scary star wars fans working on it. *twitch*.

I've been thinking about that, too, coincidentially. My idea of it all was, that LA will release a KotOR trilogy, and complete that, then move to another series. That way, they'll make multiple, rich-content video game RPGs, which would keep the SW fever alive and not look stupid.

There is still a lot of stuff unexplained in SW, and LA should utilize all of it, IMO. The KotOR engine was great in the fact that it was very, very original and unique. It was a completely differnet take on SW and RPGs. I'd like to see it completely used and upgraded.

Instead of 50 years ABY or 180 years ABY, what about 4000 or even 8000 years into the future. Throw it so far into the future, it has the freedom to go anywhere.

What would people think of this?

Personally, I prefer the games in the Old Republic. That far in the future there is literally no current information on that time. The nice thing about KOTOR is that although the era is pretty open from a story perspective, there is enough other pre-existing stories to incorporate.

Instead of fancy shmancy new stuff, I'd like to see the galaxy recovering from an apocalyptic disaster.

What? No way!

Everything should be white plastic, and there should be a pseudo-English slang which no-one gets, and it should have a totally white American cast, and have huge space battles, and evil aliens with booming voices, and they should all have non-telluric names.

:xp:

I'm not as up to speed on all the "history" of the SW EU, but if there's enough info out there, perhaps they could set the story between KOTOR and the SW era. As was pointed out, 4000 yrs puts you about right smack into the movie timeline and 8000 into uncharted territory. If you put the game(s) in the post SW era, you could incorporate the Chiss, etc. Downside is that you'd probably be stuck w/the Vong as your main enemy. Never really cared for them.

I'm not as up to speed on all the "history" of the SW EU, but if there's enough info out there, perhaps they could set the story between KOTOR and the SW era. As was pointed out, 4000 yrs puts you about right smack into the movie timeline and 8000 into uncharted territory. If you put the game(s) in the post SW era, you could incorporate the Chiss, etc. Downside is that you'd probably be stuck w/the Vong as your main enemy. Never really cared for them.

Thats why im saying 4000 ABY, so i can completely ignore the vong, as i hate them.

@herbiez: A thread? opened with a typecast comment expected of me? i feel proud. So theres only one thing i really can say...

What?

Oh and i had a new image. Coruscant is overgrown, with buildings connected to spacestations by orbital tethers. It would look amazing.

Archived