Home

Just Cause

Fiestainabox

Anybody else fasinated by this game? Ever since I got it, I've been why nobody' s ever heard of it. For those who have no idea what Just Cause is, I'll give you my personal description:

A cross between GTA, Far Cry, and Mercinaries.

Basically, your this guy named Rico (who looks amazingly like Antonio Bandaras) And your part of a operation to pull a corrupt government leader out of power on this tropical island. Theres a Rebel Faction fighting against the governement, for the same cause.

In comparsion to GTA, The game allows you to steal any Car,truck,Motorcycle,helicopter and airplane, using a wide assortment of weapons.It also shows off a very sandbox enviroment, that you can explore. The thing is, instead of a big city, like GTA, this is an entire seris of Islands surrounded by ocean.

What makes Jsut cause different from GTA is that it features one of the most coolest things you'll ever see from a game. A parachute. Now I know what your thinking, Gta has a parachute too. But this parachute is cooler, you can use it at anytime you need. For example, every car has a driving position, and a stunt position. When your instunt position, you stand on the hood of the car and have the ability to jump to another car, hop back into the car, or parachute off it.When you choose to parachute off it, you can then use the handy harpoon to latch yourself to a car, and parachute around the island.

You can also use this harpoon gun to latch on to helicopters, which is just about the only way you can steal a helicopter in the game (I haven't even got to the airplanes yet)

These features make a huge fun difference in the game, and Im not going to even talk about how cool the first missions is....

Its alot like Far Cry because of the Dense tropical enverioments, The amazing draw distance, and the beuitiful water. And well, thats about it.

It also shares the airdrop feature from Mercinaries, but it isn't too usefull, since theres a already wide variety of cars to choose from.

The only downsides I have with the game is that:

a) its freeking unrealistic when Rico "Flies" Straight through the helicopter blades when he's steelng one.

B) Far away things are to obviously "Painted in" to the air.

Anybody else enjoy ths game?

I downloaded the demo off XBL, and I've played it a couple of times. It's interesting, but I think it's a bit over the top, and it feels clunky to me. Especially the vehicles. Plus, the autoaiming makes the game far to easy.

I'll pick it up next year when the price is 30 to 40 bucks, but until then, I'll pass.

Ah, everybody's piling up on all the popular ideas now! :D

This looks okay, but I still think the momma of GTA was Operation Flashpoint. This looks like the usual, cool-guy shootout sort of game, which are coming out these days. All of 'em suck, imo. :xp:

Whatever, it might be good, might not. As long as I'm on this computer, I'm not getting it. :D:xp:

To anyone who is even remotely interested in this game, here's a tip, free of charge:

Download the demo. It is free. If you buy the game you get the demo repeated 150 times. Basically the full game is the demo, but repeated... many times. No other varieties no other extras, well okay it has some other guns and some pre-rendered BINK videos, other wise, it's the demo on repeat.

If you like GTA type games. Buy any other GTA type/clone game (GTA series, The Godfather - The Game, Scarface - The World is Yours, Total Overdose) except this. If you really, really want to play Just Cause, download the demo, it doesn't get better than that.

Archived