Home

Finally, some good movies

The Seeker

Okay, Employee of the Month was frickin' great. Litteraly made me laugh through the entire movie. There isn't a smidge of disgusting, awkward type humor. Just good old fashioned slap stick with some tongue in cheek and situational humor thrown in for good measure with the hilarious dialogue. Think Tommy Boy style before the Farrely Brothers convinced everyone that you gotta have jerk off jokes to make a comedy.

Check this one out. It's golden.

"This is an '81 Honda! HOW DARE YOU!!" Really funny stuff.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched Tomorrow Never Dies. It's okay, it's just as good as The World Is Not Enough. Action was okay. So, yeah. IMO, the best Bronsnan Bond films go as such, Goldeneye, Die Another Day, then TND & TWINE are tied. So, nect are the Timothy Dalton Bond movies.

I also watched Snakes on a Plane again, recently. And hell, I don't care what poeple think of this movie and how bad it was. I liked it! The action was pretty good, though that was mainly it was Snakes attacking people. But, I enjoyed it. :D

Why don't u watch the bond movies in order? If you watch them backwards then you aren't going to enjoy the older ones as much, because they'll look too dated in comparison.

The dalton movies are better than anyone gives them credit for.. though i wish he'd got a decent haircut! [/mum].

I'd suggest:

(connery) Dr no, Goldfinger, You only live twice.

(lazenby) On her majesty's secret service. (lazenby sucks.. but the film is important. They really should remake it).

(moore) Live and let die. Spy who loved me. 1 random other one

(dalton) Either/both

Snakes on a plane was dull. The one thing i didn't expect it to be.

Why don't u watch the bond movies in order? If you watch them backwards then you aren't going to enjoy the older ones as much, because they'll look too dated in comparison. [/mum].

I should, but I found Die Another Day avaliable at the library so I watched it. Then, Just all the Brosnan's, and then the rest whenever since I have to get them from the library. And they seem all like concerning date wise since it's on VHS. Goldeneye seemed like it was made in the 70s or 80s when I watched it the other day.

You only live twice.

Seen it. And like it alot.

(dalton) Either/both

Got them on hold at the library. :)

So yeah, I'm late on another goodie, but I just watched The Abyss last night. That was one of those that I know is good, but I'll have to watch it again to pinpoint exactly why. It was intense, funny, and had such a subtley great story. Such a different type of Sci-Fi, but really remaniscent of Orson Scott Card. A true modern classic.

Also, an honorable mention is V For Vendetta. Watched it for the third time tonight and man what a great movie. Such great action sequences, such an oddly touching story, and such a great message. It's just one of those movies that leaves me smiling no matter how many times I see it. It hits me on an entirely different level to where all I can say is what a great friggin movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, whoever hasn't, drop everything you're doing and go see The Prestige right frickin' now.

It's just made of pure unadultered awsome. It keeps you guessing throughout, has a some really great twists and the acting is just plain perfect. It's one of those movies like what I was talking about with Saw where not only have the people in the movie been played, but you as a viewer were as well. Really great stuff.

I am probably going to see The Prestige tonight. I wanted to last week, but I didn't have time. It does looks great.

I have been watching quite a few more Bonds movies. The first three of Connery's, and I am watching Thunderball at the moment. I have also watched both Dalton movies.

And later this week, I am going to see Marie Antoinette for our history class, since we just finished the unit on the French Revolution.

and only losers go by themselves.

I suggest to watch what you say. I, a matter of fact, go to a lot of movies by myself. And look at me.....

>_>

Nevermind.

But, anyway, I went to see the Prestige like I said I would. Though, I went with two of my friends. :D And the movie was rather complex, but it was great. Interesting how it all turns out in the end.

David Bowie plays the Tesla in the movie, too. And Christian has a British accent in it too.

Go see it!

And Christian has a British accent in it too.

He's English <_<

I just got back from seeing it a little bit ago, I was pretty impressed.

once I saw all the hats and the 2 cats I knew how they both were doing it, but I didn't know if Angier had only made 2 of him or if he kept making a lot and just kept killing them. But I didn't have it figured out that Bordin was his assistant guy also until he revealed it at the end.

Shaun Of The Dead

One of the best movies ever made IMO. In fact, it's been on comedy central all weekend, and I was happy as hell, because I could watch it without having to worry about my mom walking in and getting pissed for me watching an R rated movie. In fact, she watched parts of it too, and enjoyed it.

So many good quotes from that movie. "You've got red on you"

To anyone reading this thread, if you've never seen this movie, go see it right the f*** now. Seriously, do yourself a favor and do it.

So I'm a little late on this one, but I just finished Saw. Man in a genre that's been swamped with lackluster movies lately, this one was spot on. It was gross, scary, intense, and had a very nice twisted ending.

Really? Man, I'm gonna try it and see if it is good. All of the recent horror/suspense movies I've seen lately were freaking dumb.

The Ring- retarded

The Grudge-boring

Ring 2- also retarded

Those are just a few of them.

I really want to see flags of our fathers and the new bond movie also.

One of the best movies ever made IMO. In fact, it's been on comedy central all weekend, and I was happy as hell, because I could watch it without having to worry about my mom walking in and getting pissed for me watching an R rated movie. In fact, she watched parts of it too, and enjoyed it.

To anyone reading this thread, if you've never seen this movie, go see it right the f*** now. Seriously, do yourself a favor and do it.

quoted for emphasis!

that and if you cant think of any scarey movie they have a line of it in the movie. like George A. Romero's night of the living dead, "There coming to get you Barbara." But in Shaun Of the Dead, it's "We're coming to get you Barbara!" so its very good

If you like that I think you would be interested to know that they have another film out soon:

Hot Fuzz

I think it will be damn funny.

I also want to see the Borat movie

Really? Man, I'm gonna try it and see if it is good. All of the recent horror/suspense movies I've seen lately were freaking dumb.

The Ring- retarded

The Grudge-boring

Ring 2- also retarded

Those are just a few of them.

I really want to see flags of our fathers and the new bond movie also.

Ya Rly. I was surprised that it was as good as it was. Sure Cary Elweys overacts a bit here and there, but it can't detract from the brilliance that is Saw. Now Saw 2 isn't as good. They focused more on shock factor than they did on character driven suspense, but still had a nice ending that slaps you upside the head.

Haven't gotten to #3 yet, but I have to see it now that I've seen the first two.

And yes, Shaun of the Dead owns all.

Shaun: "mom, were you bitten?"

Mom: "No, but Phillip was."

Shaun: "Oh, okay."

milk out the nose funny.

Unfortunately I don't get out much...haven't been to the cinema for a long time.

However, I did see some really good movies recently on Film 4 during the Korean movie season.

Brotherhood. Excellent war movie about two brothers who slowly drift apart as their attitudes change. The cinematography during the battles is easily up there with Saving Private Ryan imo. Great acting and story.

R-Point. A spooky movie where a squad of soldiers is sent in to investigate the disappearance of another squad...and things start to get really weird as they die or disappear one by one.

A Tale Of Two Sisters. I saw the first twist to the story coming a mile off, but it surprised me later on. Good movie.

Old Boy. A somewhat disturbing tale, but very well acted and with some good twists.

Managed to see Underworld Evolution recently on DVD, and that was pretty good, but I thought it was somewhat lacking compared to the first movie. Great special effects though.

I remember seeing the original Japanese movie that inspired The Departed. I've not seen this American remake yet, but I imagine it probably won't be as good as the original - I also know the plot, so it probably won't have any surprises. :(

Archived