Home

Accessing the OJP Source (Pre-SVN Posts)

razorace

Ok everything should be cleaned up now.

Everything has been placed in the appropiate folders, except for the Basic/Enhanced source files. For them, they are both stored in the /Basic folder with all the files branched in two branches.

MAIN (HEAD) is the primary branch of the project (the trunk). This stores all the files for the Enhanced version of the project.

OJP_BASIC is the secondary branch for storing all the Basic distro's files.

I've set things up this way so it will be as easy as possible to merge code additions tfrom Basic into Enhanced.

Be sure to keep your branches straight when doing changes since a screw up can create a lot of extra work as you can see from some of the revision logs. :)

In addition, I've put tags (PRE_REORGANIZATION_2 and POST_REORGANIZATION_2) to make it easier to find the file versions from before and after the lastest reorganization. However, all I did was delete everything from the Enhanced folders and made sure all that stuff was in the new branched structure.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I try to download the code in the download page it asks for the login (which is normal), yet once the login is entered it refuses and refuses till it goes to a 401 error page saying I have no access to the content I'm trying to download.

If I use the ojp/ojp login it allows me to download the code though.

The raw CVS is like a mobile repository. Use that. set it up as a new module. With out Razor setting up write access though all you can do is donwload it. You can't upload. I need to get ahold of some people on my side to give me a few permissions. They've been blocking ports like crazy. Pretty soon They'll get to the ports JKA uses.

Yeah, I just checked things and it looks like the "pure" source option of the download tarballs is busted. It only seems to get the stuff from the main directory only. I'm trying the raw type right now.

Either way, I recommend that everyone just get direct access, it's WAY easier to deal with once everything is setup.

Kenshire, please get on your IM and msg me if you can. I think I've figured out where the saber is being told to face the owner all the time while you're trying to stick it.

Razor knows I've had problems with direct CVS access using TortoiseCVS. And according to the owner of freepository, it's probably because he recently disabled direct access to new account members. I might be wrong about the exact nature of this, but that's what I believe to be the problem. It could also just be a port problem though.

Sorry, didn't really read through all the posts. I now realise you guys are talking about joining the project via the website. I joined and I had no problems, except for getting remote access with TortoiseCVS so I can download and upload files without having to use the freepository web interface.

Originally posted by toolman639

Hey when will the fix for the vehicle limit be out and what will the limit be.

Wrong thread. The correct thread for this is here.

I'm not sure when we will have our next public release but I know the vehicle limit will be 64 different types of models (with 128 vehicles allowed ingame at once).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some reminders for those that are actively committing changes to the repository:

- Always document your changes. Internal changes can be explained with the CVS comment but the external stuff needs to be documented at all times. If people don't know about the change, it's useless to everyone.

- If you're adding or changing something to both Enhanced and Basic (basically everything in Basic), add your modifications, commit to the Basic branch (OJP_BASIC), and then merge to the Enhanced (HEAD) branch. See below for new files note.

- For new files, please clear them with me first. After that, add a basejka version of the file to the HEAD branch (if a basejka version exists). Lastly, add/commit the modified version to each branch where it is needed. These steps ensure an easier to understand/use revision history so please try to follow them.

Thanks,

Razor Ace

• 1 month later...

1. The password at the beginning of the thread was bad. It has now been fixed. Sorry about that.

2. We're probably going to create a temp branch for the AotC folks to get their code merged and ready before we merge to main. I'll keep everyone posted.

• 1 month later...

Ok, the AotC TC branch isn't going to happen but I finally came up with tutorial on how to direct access the CVS repository.

==========================================================

Tutorial - Getting Direct Access to the OJP CVS Repository

==========================================================

Note: This tutorial is only for Windows OSes.

1. Go to https://www.freepository.com/ and sign up for an account. Do NOT use spaces in your username.

2. go to http://www.tortoisecvs.org/ and download the tortoiseCVS program. You can use a stable or beta

version, whatever works best for you.

3. Install tortoiseCVS. You might have to reset your computer to get all the Windows Explorer extensions

to work.

4. Log onto freepository with your new account.

5. Click on "join a freepository".

6. Sign up for the OJP repository

freepository name = OpenJediProject

freepository pass-code = openjedisource

7. Using the pulldown tab on the left, select OpenJediProject

8. Click on Secure ID entries. This will send you an email.

9. Check your email for that email. The email will have something like

:sserver:razorace@freepository.com:3025/mnt/usbhd/fp/fp1/222yx9P6fFHQYOpenJediProject

This is your CVSROOT. You'll need this later.

Note: if you don't get the email, you can still get your CVSROOT by clicking on the Secure ID

entries button again.

10. Here comes the fun part. You need now need to log your tortoiseCVS into the repository so that the

program will know what your password is. Download this file...

http://ojp.jediknight.net/files/CVS1.zip

11. Unzip CVS1.zip to where ever you installed tortoiseCVS.

12. Open up login.bat with a text editor.

13. You now need to modify your CVSROOT by adding a ";version=1" next to the ":sserver"

This...

:sserver:razorace@freepository.com:3025/mnt/usbhd/fp/fp1/222yx9P6fFHQYOpenJediProject

would become this...

:sserver;version=1:razorace@freepository.com:3664/mnt/usbhd/fp/fp1/222yx9P6fFHQYOpenJediProject

But remember that you need to use your own original CVSROOT, not the one used here.

14. Replace the example CVSROOT with your CVSROOT in the login.bat.

set

CVSROOT=:sserver;version=1:razorace@freepository.com:3664/mnt/usbhd/fp/fp1/222yx9P6fFHQYOpenJediProject

will be

set CVSROOT=<yourCVSROOTHERE>

15. Save the file and then run it. I recommend that you run it from the command prompt so that you'll see

everything that goes on.

16. The program will prompt you for your password (use your freepository account password, not the one used

for the repository as a whole). If it worked, your .cvspass file in your tortiose directory will have some

stuff in it (use a text editor). Otherwise, you have a problem. You can't use backspace or delete while

typing in your password or it will not work. Be careful.

At this point the program should spend a long time downloading the repository to your system.

• 3 weeks later...

I just built a Mac SDK for Jedi Academy. In the grand scheme of things, that was childs play compared to trying to download the OJP source. :)

Here's what I've done so far. Maybe someone can help get me the rest of the way.

1. I registered at freepository.com, signed on, saw stuff.

2. I downloaded and compiled the cvs 1.11 with sserver support that is required by freepository.

3. I renamed my cvs to cvs111 to avoid a conflict with the pre-existing cvs (1.10) provided by OSX and installed it into ~/bin/

4. I grabbed the cert.pem file from freepository.com, renamed it to .cvsSSLkeys and put it in my home directory.

5. I logged in with "cvs111 -L login" and was able to get the status of the repository. That is, it told me no modules had been checked out. :)

6. I then tried "cvs111 -L checkout OJP" and was greeted with a "connection refused" message.

7. I tried to login again, and got a "connection refused"

8. Now I can no longer telnet to freepository.com or ping it, as mentioned in the freepository.com troubleshooting notes.

So after all this, I suspect the server went down right when I was getting ready to get down to business, but that seems like really strange timing.

Can anyone else currently log in?I can't grab the "full source" tarballs from freepository.com - they returned essentially empty .tar files with some readmes and some guy's resume. I also can't use the GUI CVS client for OSX, since the cvs required by freepository is a special build.

Is there an easier way to grab the source that I'm missing?

Archived