Home

Accessing the OJP Source (Pre-SVN Posts)

razorace

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I've created a new branch (SPNAVCODEPORT) off OJP_BASIC to contain the SP Nav port code until I can get it to a working state. This code currently doesn't not properly compile or run but all the declarations/defines should be right. I'm currently in the process of filling out all the undefined functions/classes that make this all work.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

First time in this forum; forgive the very assinine question.

I was trying to use that TortoiseCVS program to download the repository, followed the instructions to the letter, however when the login.bat program prompts me for my password, it won't allow me to enter anything. It then tells me that I've entered an empty password, and the operation fails. Is there anything I can do about this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not very internet savvy, and until I found this site had never heard of "CVS" before.

I've still been having alot of trouble trying to get the CVS to work properly (everytime I tried to install Tortoise, the program would be gone after reboot). Just today I decided to bite the bullet and download each file from the repository manually :headbump . About halfway through cgame, which I started with, I noticed something at the top left of the screen, something about "downloading OJP tarballs". I didn't know what that meant, but I was bored as hell and figured I'd find out. Lo, and behold, I found something wonderful - Freepository.com has a tar file containing EVERY single file in the OJP repository :emodanc: . Just download it, open it with WinZip, and extract. Yahoo!

The latest version of WinZip can be found here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, I didn't follow the directions completely, but I have the code downloaded so I can at least view it and compare it with base (which is all I should be doing considering my sad knowledge of C).

I was wondering: does anyone know where I can find the most of the changes made to the saber combat for Enhanced? I compared the code with base code for hours and only found a few irrelavate things that were different, so can anyone tell me the line and file/class (or whatever those things are called in C Example: bg_saber or w_saber ) of where much of the changes are made. I would most like to see the code for the attackfake btw.

Question: What all is required to successfully compile and run the OJP source? I'm thinking of getting in on some code changes myself (I do program, as it happens) but I'd like to know what infrastructure I'll need. Razor, what compiler do you use? Do you use any sort of project file or makefile? If I download the source, is it ready to compile or do I have to tweak some stuff first? And if I do need to tweak...what? :)

Question: What all is required to successfully compile and run the OJP source? I'm thinking of getting in on some code changes myself (I do program, as it happens) but I'd like to know what infrastructure I'll need. Razor, what compiler do you use? Do you use any sort of project file or makefile? If I download the source, is it ready to compile or do I have to tweak some stuff first? And if I do need to tweak...what? :)

All the project files (for Visual Studios 2003) are on the repository where they should be. All you gotta do is get the files off the repository and compile them with VS 2003. You can technically compile the code with any compiler that can output .dlls but you'd have to figure out all the project file stuff on your own.

Archived