Home

Accessing the OJP Source (Pre-SVN Posts)

razorace

mmm, I think most of the lastest code is already on the repository, including the run penalties. Let me check into that.

As for compiling, you should probably be able to use the included instructions, but I haven't looked at them in ages.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I think I found the old "make a mod" directions, but I dont know what many of the directions mean. how do I do the following:

2. Set the "game" project as the active project.

8. Set your configuration to Final and perform a "Build Solution" command to build a DLL for the game.

1. compile the dll as noted above

This produces a 'jampgamex86.dll' in the codemp\Final\ path.

3. Zip 'jampgamex86.dll' to TestMod.pk3

Question: After I create a new jampgames86.dll, can I just replace one of them in my existing Enhanced folder to make it work or will a pk3 of this override the existing ones? If I have to replace one, which one? Hopefully this will be the end of my questions on this, but this literal mod creating stuff is very new to me when it comes to code.

Oh yeah, and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYBODY!!!!!

Well Razor, I think I just figured out what the problem is about why I cant compile or build a dll: Apparently Visual C++ Express doesnt have that capability! :( (Unless I'm missing something that is). Ha, no wonder its free. THats what I get for being an amature coder. Does anybody know of a cheap or free way to compile and create dlls so I can patch the Enhanced code?

Does anybody know how to use Dev-C++ to create DLL code patches or changes that work on JKA?

Dev-C++ allows the creation of DLL's but you have label the project in the beginning as a DLL. I tried creating a DLL project and then copying and pasting my new code, but it wont compile right because many of the other files in the Enhanced code are referenced and I get a zillion errors when I try. Does this mean I have to import every other file into this project before it will compile? If so, is there a way I can just drag the entire folder of all of them into the project without manually dragging each file?

Any help I could get in this would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to start to do my own tweaking of Enhanced so I can help balance things out that need balancing out. I cant afford a real version of visual C++ right now so I'm stuck with trying to figure out Dev-C++ (which is a free download btw).

Actually, Visual C++ Express DOES work. I was able to get OJP Enhanced to compile using it. However, you need to make sure that you have the very latest version of the Microsoft Platform SDK in order to get everything to work right (Microsoft® Windows Server 2003 R2 Platform SDK - March 2006 Edition).

Link to the platform SDK web install:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0BAF2B35-C656-4969-ACE8-E4C0C0716ADB&displaylang=en

Note that I wasn't able to get the web install working myself: it would always fail about 2/3 of the way through. What I ended up doing was downloading the SDK as an ISO image and installing from that.

Also, don't forget to change the include paths in your Visual C++ settings to include the platform SDK.

as do i, razor is just affraid to lose all of his precious cvs data, which the web version doesnt even show anyway until you start digging in. the log is broken for web.

I personally have my mod setup at opensvn with trac and it runs very nicely.

I started ojp there but havent really done anything as i don't think i can run a python script on it. and plus i cba to run python on my comp.

cvs really stinks especially from a client's pov. svn is much much nicer and and has support for 3rd party diff/merge apps or you can use the built-in one, which is plenty good. and btw razor, svn does have branch support.

• 2 months later...

The new SVN repository is up. I'm still in the process of getting all the files transfered from the CVS repository but the important files are in place.

The repository is located @ https://opensvn.csie.org/ojp/. I've allowed anonymous checkout so people can start using it immediate.

Plus, as an added feature, we now also have a fancy bug/enhancements/etc tracker @ https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/ojp/wiki. You're welcome to submit things to the tracker.

This new setup is MUCH easier to understand and use. I haven't done any tutorials yet but some of you might be able to figure out TortoiseSVN.

Also, a special thanks to Ensiform for hassling me to make the change. :)

UPDATE: Finished the port of all the files from the CVS repository. WOoh!

Well, that's not entirely true. I've not ported the older, unused branches. If anyone needs them, I can port them over.

• 2 months later...

Archived