Home

Enhanced 0.1.0 is Close! Need Betatesters!

razorace

I'm happy to report that OJP Enhanced v0.1.0 is getting close to release. I think we have all the major features we want (for v0.1.0) and are now in the process of bug hunting, balancing, and polishing.

However, we seem to be low on betatesters and now is when we need them the most. We need to test the living hell out of the latest version.

As such I'm going to suggest that:

1. The Enhanced Beta Server be up 24/7 (or at least try to be).

2. Betas be public.

3. Post remaining bugs to the Bug Tracker.

4. Start a Weekly Play Fest on thursdays @ 6pm (PST). The Weekly Play Fest should focus on playing the mod rather than attempting to fix/test specific issues. I know that we tend to get de-railed in the past and I think that's scared off the casual betatesters.

5. Contributors need to complete their work tasks.

6. A new trailer needs to be made.

Any other suggestions would be great. If we can get this hammered out quickly, I'd like to start on our new testing as soon as possible.

Also, if you're interested in helping us beta test, please PM me your IM contact information. This is how I stay in contact with our betatesters.

Current OJP Enhanced Beta:

Enhanced v0.0.9t - Clean out your ojpenhanced folder (you should be able to keep your .cfg files) and install the package. This package is complete so you don't need any other files.

NOTE: The current beta doesn't support Macs. Unfortunately, I don't have direct access to a Mac so the betas are for Windows only. As for the Mac fans, don't worry, we'll make sure that 0.1.0 has Mac support. :)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, you're on the betatester list. :)

As for your crashes, that's a bit offtopic so I'd start a new thread about it if you need help. The only thing I can suggest before I release another version is reinstalling and completely deleting your JKA directory.

Hello. I ran across your mod, and I'd like to check it out to see what it has to offer. I like a lot of what I've read and seen thus far.

I did see some mention of "50% chance" which I hope isn't correct, because I'm hoping this mod doesn't involve chance, or "dice."

If I like it, I'd like to try to help out with the project. If I have any questions, I'll be sure to ask.

-- Cad

Hello. I ran across your mod, and I'd like to check it out to see what it has to offer. I like a lot of what I've read and seen thus far.

I did see some mention of "50% chance" which I hope isn't correct, because I'm hoping this mod doesn't involve chance, or "dice."

If I like it, I'd like to try to help out with the project. If I have any questions, I'll be sure to ask.

-- Cad

Nah, none of that bull****. If that was involved I would quit too! lol.

Even if it was in the system I can't notice it and I think you should take that as a good sign;).

Good to see people showing some interest.

Um, actually there is a 50% chance thing having to do with mishaps when you start getting high on the mishap meter (which is your own fault if it happens usually). While it doesnt greatly effect the gameplay as far as being random, its half the reason I created my own code version with that 50% thing gone and mishaps completely controled by attackfakes and attackparries. Ha! What did I tell you guys!! :p

I'm so sorry I ever mentioned the 50% thing.

I'm just being an a** for the most part. The 50% thing isnt that big of a deal and the game is still plenty playable. It's just a potential excuse for people to not want to play our mod again after they try it since they have to step out of their saber combat comfort zones to do it in the first place. The way I had it was more of a personal preference, though I do think it may ultimately be the way to go way to go or something similar with the same effect. The way it is now isnt that random at all, but I might be just random enough to worry players.

You're a Force Initiate because you only have 5 skill points.

Secondly, you're not supposed to have weapons on the map. That's all part of the new experience system.

everybody have to begining game from "Force Mastery level is Initate" ?

and kill enemy then level is going to up ?

oh like RPG ?

Lol... maybe change score to xp points then, and you could maybe add some type of guid that is used, vry easy 2 do. could even then have xp save/storage then on the server based on GUID. Course, it would be nice to do it with the engine code but it can be easily done via cgame, just need to add md5 stuff and you should be good. I've got the code somewhere, so i can make a ticket to the trac and add it sometime soon.

Archived