Home

Enhanced 0.1.0 is Close! Need Betatesters!

razorace

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine will be open tonight (ip: 85.25.140.140:24001), might take 1 day till it appears in the server list.

K^ae opened a fps.net server, but they don't allow him to add bots...

Pings on ojp servers are like everywhere, but the host got to set sv_fps to at least 80, or you'll experience very inacurate hitboxes.

Fighting bots still sucks :(

I'm not sure, but I think 009h was the best version I ever played, though bots were really overpowered there. At least they didn't abuse bugs :p

Well, first it didn't because the server.cfg he gave me had too many 'seta' commands,

Really.? That was making the server crash or just not show up online? That's very odd.

then it was up but he said he didn't want it, then a new version came out which crashed my server all the time, another new one which did the same and john's changes that also crashed it -.-

To clarify, it's not that I didn't want additional servers, it's that I wasn't willing to go to the effort of posting an ad for your server on the OJP website unless I could actually see the server online.

As for the crashing, it seems like we're having some issues with server stability on linux systems. I'll look into the issue as I have time. The best way to help would be to post a bug ticket that includes your qconsole.log where it shows the crash information and the events leading up to it.

Pings on ojp servers are like everywhere, but the host got to set sv_fps to at least 80, or you'll experience very inacurate hitboxes.

I recommend a vs_fps of about 50. Above 50, you start to waste CPU cycles and bandwidth because you're updating more often than most players can render the game.

I recommend a vs_fps of about 50. Above 50, you start to waste CPU cycles and bandwidth because you're updating more often than most players can render the game.

With Unlagged you don't need it higher than 20. :)

My newer code for Unlagged/Antilag doesn't really seem to affect any saber combat so it may be a possibility in the future.

Really.? That was making the server crash or just not show up online? That's very odd.

To clarify, it's not that I didn't want additional servers, it's that I wasn't willing to go to the effort of posting an ad for your server on the OJP website unless I could actually see the server online.

As for the crashing, it seems like we're having some issues with server stability on linux systems. I'll look into the issue as I have time. The best way to help would be to post a bug ticket that includes your qconsole.log where it shows the crash information and the events leading up to it.

I recommend using set instead of seta in server config files and remove more CVAR_ARCHIVE cvars from the gamecode because you don't need to store all that in jampserver.cfg/jampconfig.cfg. If players want it there, they can add it themselves.

For 0.0.9t I plan on merging weapon slots and changed force speed.

Weapon Slots Are as Follows (for now):

Slot 1: Melee

Slot 2: Lightsaber

Slot 3: Pistol

Slot 4: Blaster, Bowcaster, Clone Rifle

Slot 5: Disruptor, Demp, Flechette

Slot 6: Rocket Launcher, Concussion Rifle (Only really avail in COOP and when cheatin' though)

Slot 7: Thermals, Trip Mines, Detonation Packs

Basically the force speed has been changed to a +button## and you hold it down for speed similar to the "sprint" feature in ET/RTCW.

For 0.0.9t I plan on merging weapon slots and changed force speed.

Weapon Slots Are as Follows (for now):

Slot 1: Melee

Slot 2: Lightsaber

Slot 3: Pistol

Slot 4: Blaster, Bowcaster, Clone Rifle

Slot 5: Disruptor, Demp, Flechette

Slot 6: Rocket Launcher, Concussion Rifle (Only really avail in COOP and when cheatin' though)

Slot 7: Thermals, Trip Mines, Detonation Packs

Basically the force speed has been changed to a +button## and you hold it down for speed similar to the "sprint" feature in ET/RTCW.

FAP FAP FAP :DDDD

It prevented the server from showing up in the list. I read about it in some ja+ help file.

Holding down a key for speed is a great idea, wish it was implemented in mb2... Same about force seeing.

New version seems stable, hasn't crashed at all since I opened the server yesterday... Btw, my root is a windows server.

What's Makashi's Mishap damage on this version? If it wasn't increase by a good amount from before then I really suggest one now. the new stance is just too dangerous for just pure defensive playing so there will have to a more offense than defense if any hope of filling up that Mishap bar is expected.

The new makashi animations are great although you really have to do something about those Pauses that happen alot. I noticed that they mostly happen when a swing gets block at a certain moment.

P.S. Sorry for the double post

Archived