Home

009l crashing

crail227

So i start a game, set my force points, etc. and when i want to spawn a bot the game crashes.

I just get one of those Windows error messages that ask if u want to send or dont send the error message

help?

EDIT: Between ffa and duel mode, duel mode is the one that crashes, ffa is fine

I've also had this error, although it happens to me in both FFA and duel: as soon as I spawn a bot, I crash. I haven't yet had the time to try to debug/diagnose it myself, which I was originally planning to do... I wanted to pinpoint the cause before I reported it. :)

Interesting.

Test case was Bespin Courtyard, FFA.

I replaced my enhanced folder completely, getting rid of everything old and putting in .009l and .009m. Still crashes.

I cleaned out my base folder. Still crashes.

I compiled my own version from the latest SVN in "final" mode. Still crashes.

I compiled my own version from the latest SVN in debug mode, intending to catch and debug the error directly...and it doesn't crash. It seems to be happy as long as I'm in debug mode.

Does JA generate any sort of core dump or crash log that I could dig through? This is frustrating. :)

I'm having the same issues as Sushi, and have tried the same things to frix it. wiped out enhanced folder. Replaced with new stuff, plus m. i can run a game, and put myself in it. but as soon as a bot is added, the whole thing crashes.

So I can play coop, and run around by myself in other modes. but once bots are added to the mix, the game crashes before anything appears.

I'm having the same issues as Sushi, and have tried the same things to frix it. wiped out enhanced folder. Replaced with new stuff, plus m. i can run a game, and put myself in it. but as soon as a bot is added, the whole thing crashes.

So I can play coop, and run around by myself in other modes. but once bots are added to the mix, the game crashes before anything appears.

Lucky you , I can't even start a game. Though I still haven't tried 009m..

It's a problem with the way the game handles "bad" forcepower configurations. It's a general weakness of the code but it appears here because bots have their own custom forcepowers...which aren't currently set up for the new experience system. I've fixed the problem and it will be in the beta release tonight.

Archived