1. 1. Should the Ebon Hawk Go

• Yes definatley
    • NO WAY
    • No but it should be changed a bit
    • Dont care

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poll with close on 28th February 2034? What a strange date to choose, considering most people might not be here in 2034. Anyway keeping on-topic, I would just modify it a bit. Like have the Cargo Hold to put unused items in containers, like KOTOR and either the dormitories or the medical bay to be used to get full health, when you're in the Ebon Hawk.

In the story I am currently building for Kotor III you first have another ship but you acquire the Ebon Hawk after you have done two planets. O, yes I did make one modification for the Ebon Hawk. In the turret minigame you could now switch between laser and Ion cannons. I think that would be all right, if you could disable a ship, capture the pilot or just because you want to spare them. It would IMO be a nice game addition.

Hell no; the Hawk is as much a part of the KOTOR story as the Mellenium Falcon is part of the original trilogy, it just wouldn't be the same without it.

But what I would really like to see happen, is that you get some options to upgrade and customize your ship through out the game, so all those extra credits aren't burning a hole in your robes. Repairs, upgrades to the weapons and shields, paint jobs, crew quarters, work benches, the whole thing. Maybe even a special swoop bike compartment where you could work on it.

If you look closely at the hawk, there's a cargo pod attached on only one side of the ship. I think it should be 'droppable' or maybe one addable on the other side. Maybe even a small fighter craft attached where the missing pod belongs, or something along those lines.

you get the idea, but DON'T retire it. I'd also like to see some use to the communication room also.

I voted 'I don't care' because it wouldn't really affect the context of the plot of KotOR III (whatever it may be, if the game ever gets made). Also, you have to take the factor into consideration that KotOR III might take place in such a timeline where the Ebon Hawk doesn't exist yet or it doesn't exist anymore or it's too old. Yet again, if KotOR III is a prequel, it wouldn't really be KotOR III now would it? Anyway, I'll get back on topic.

We only see the Ebon Hawk fly off Malachor V in the LS ending of KotOR II. I'm not sure if the Ebon Hawk is gone for good or not in the DS ending of KotOR II, since we don't see it again after the 'death of the Ebon Hawk' scene in the DS version on Malachor V in KotOR II. So perhaps if KotOR III is based on such a timeline, the ship we get would depend on what alignment you set the Exile to. Either way, I don't really care...

You realise that they just pull out of hyperspace, crap over the exit ramp, and move on? Jolee used to encourage force-push turd fights, but it resulted in the Ebon Hawk smelling funny, so he was exiled to the Star Forge before it exploded.

Oh my god! Is that why it always smelled funny in KoToR1? My god Jolee! If you weren't dead right now i'd... i'd... oh forget it. Anyway on topic, I'd like to see some more stuff outside the ship, i'd like to have some more new content, useing Kavar's idea also, thats about it.

Hell no; the Hawk is as much a part of the KOTOR story as the Mellenium Falcon is part of the original trilogy, it just wouldn't be the same without it.

But what I would really like to see happen, is that you get some options to upgrade and customize your ship through out the game, so all those extra credits aren't burning a hole in your robes. Repairs, upgrades to the weapons and shields, paint jobs, crew quarters, work benches, the whole thing. Maybe even a special swoop bike compartment where you could work on it.

Emphasizing.

Perhaps we could add force cages and beast cages for holding prisoners and beasts. This is assuming there's an additional power of beast control in the next installment.

I wouldn't mind some sort of mind control or torture room as well. This way when some unlucky morons like the Red Eclipse try to take my ship, I'll capture them and twist their minds then distribute them to all of the planets to earn me credits.

The cargo hold is used for sparring. That's OK. But, I'd like to spar with all of the party members. Or perhaps as them to get a feel for their strengths and weaknesses before I take them into battle. Also, I'd like to have the option to spar with weapons, armor and powers.

i dont think they should get rid of it just modify it a bit

I think the Ebon Hawk should appear somewhere in the story line, but I think it's more realistic if theres another ship central to the story, reasons: a) theres more adventure if the PC and whatever NPC's have to figure out a way to steal a different ship (not the same old ship) b) entering the new ship would be like the first time you entered the Ebon Hawk; new and refreshing, you wouldn't know what to expect to find or see until you're in it, I think we've found everything the Ebon Hawk can offer c) there would be the opportunity to take the new ship, which might start out sluggish and average, and as the story progresses, you upgrade it with a new hyperdrive, make necessary repairs, and impliment other performance enhancing mods so that halfway through the plot, you will feel a bond with it like Han Solo did with the Millinium Falcon after making it the fastest ship in the Galaxy. Certainly it didn't start that way d)it would be nice to have a ship with a cooler appearance than the Hawk, let's face it, almost every other ship you see in the game is better looking e) wouldn't it be just a little too coincidental to have yet another story revolve around the Hawk? f)it would be very cool to be able to apply your own name to a new ship if that could be done (maybe after you steal it and repaint it to run around anonymously) The Hawk has a reputation everywhere as a Jedi ship now, and everyone seems to know it. Let's build a new hot rodded vessel thats unknown to anyone. Think of the adventures of landing on half a dozen planets in a stolen ship without the proper credentials, and the trouble you'd have to get out of. Perhaps you could have a quest to borrow the credentials of a similar ship headed for the scrapyard to keep the authorities off your back.

Well, those are my thoughts anyway, Viper

Archived