Home

Sion Vs Nihilus

Diego Varen

Sion Vs Nihilus  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Sion Vs Nihilus

Who do you prefer out of the two Sith Lords under Traya's command? I prefer Sion, because I prefered him to Malak and he was the first Sith Lord in TSL I liked the look of, plus I can understand what he is saying. I've never liked Nihilus, because he is just somebody wearing a mask and was supposed to be threatening, but he was just a really weak Sith Lord. Even weaker than Bandon and Malak in KOTOR. Plus I hate it how the PC and Visas manages to understand him and me, the player, doesn't. So my vote goes to Sion.

Vote and discuss now!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Nihlius is the coolest, but it sad that he is such a weak enemy. Think he do more then Sion, he start the war on Onderon, he send Visas after you and he is on his way to destroy Telos. And i really like his outfit, and that you dont hear what he say dosent bother me so much.

Yes, Nihilus is much cooler. It really is a sin that he ends up being such a pushover when you face him - I was spooked the first time I had to face him, and then he went down like a common thug. What an anti-climax :(

Yes, I know there are plot reasons for Nihilus being weak against the Exile, but they took it too far - those should have been reasons for the Exile being able to fight and defeat Nihilus, not for Nihilus to become a pushover.

Still, Nihilus is mysterious, enigmatic, powerful, and spooky. Far more intersting than Sion, who is little more than an undead thug. Sion is the zombie that won't die, where Nihilus is the all-powerful vampire.

Hehe I agree with Jediphile on what Sion is.

Nihilus however, is more of an abnomination than a vampire.

Just take a figure, dark and mysterious. Give him the character of a monster, not capable of thinking, driven by hunger.

Then add some ridiculous un-starwarslike powers.

And there you are, that's Darth Nihilus!

Therefore my vote goes to the undead thug.

I like Nihilus better. He was dark, mysterious and an epitome of the Sith. Its too bad they made him that weak, especially after all the suspense and teasing. I was expecting Nihilus to beat me in the Ravager, and then we escape the ship, gather our forces and chase him to Malachor or something.

I even liked Sion, especially his voice and his concept - very unsettling. But he was just not upto the mark, IMO. Nihilus had that coolness factor in him. I even liked it when he spoke in that weird language. It represents his dark corruption and incessant, hungry power.

Nihilus lost anything that was cool about him when they started talking about his ability to destroy entire planets, being consumed by hunger, and being such a fool when you fight him.

Sion is a slave, but at least his story is more compelling, and the fight with him isn't over in five seconds.

My vote goes to Sion.

I liked Sion better...

He had the attitude, killing a complete Imperial frigate, and capable of guiding it to Paragas through the force (at least, that's my interpretation). And he just..rocked. Also, it was really cool to fight him. You really get the feeling you can't win. Plus, he stalks you around...from Paragas to Korriban, he there to kill you. Yeah, he's far cooler then Darth Nihilus.

Nihilus..yeah...bleh..

He's supposed to be the destroyer of worlds...not that convincing when you battle him. He looks cool alright, but he's just not awesome like the other Sith are. He's not strong, has no attitude except for loving masks (V for Vendetta anyone?).

Just look at the Kreia-'power stripped' cutscene. In my opinion, Sion did all the work there. Nihilus only used Force push, while Sion really beated the cr*p out of Kreia, thus being the 'bigger' catalyst for the Kotor 2 events.

Plus...only cool guys chop of other people's hands...Darth Vader did it (Luke), Anakin Skywalker did it (Dooku), Luke Skywalker did it (Vader).

Case closed! :smash:

I'm torn.

Nihilus is intriguing. He’s extremely mysterious, yet apparently powerful and dangerous. The vivid descriptions you get of him from Tobin, Visas, and Kreia are more than enough to paint a mental picture of the ultimate foe. However, his in-game appearances were sparse and brief. I mean, you only see him twice in the entire game: once with Visas, and again at the end of the game when you kill him. His potential as a character was definitely wasted. I'd be tempted to vote for Nihilus because there's so much there for my imagination to play around with. While everything about Sion is great in KotOR II (look, voice, and what he had to say and do), the closure of his character almost makes him less appealing in the long run.

Nihilus is supposed to be mysterious and secretive, so I do believe that the lack of insight into him was completely intentional.

Besides, I have this theory that Nihilus was never fully explored because there are revelations tied to him in KotOR3, but that's purely conjecture on my part.

I agree with all who prefer Nihilus. He had all the prerequisites for a great character and a great villain, but the developers screwed up when it comes to his story (I'm not going to get into details, it has been discussed on so many other threads, but the bottom line is that TSL is unfinished), Sion was indeed a more challenging boss to fight with his regeneration ability, but for some reason I didn't like the accent in his voice and that killed the character for me.

Btw, take a look at this preview, I think you'll see a familiar character and also learn something about him that wasn't known before.

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/preview.php?theid=13-457

Yeah...he put his soul in his armor...:D

Although that's cool, it doesn't make him...'uber' cool like Sion is. Sion was immortal, and still could keep his body...

I always thought Nihilus death scene (that ghost-thing) was his sould or something. Thanks for the confirmation though, this does give him some cool-points. :D

Archived