Home

MDlops errors on compiling !!

Quanon

Hey , I hope somebody can help me out what I did wrong when I was editing an

head for KOTOR 2 . I use 3D-MAX 8 , have NWmax . What I did change on the head : make the hair longer , added some tube like things on the head and out of these tubes come some twisted wire things ( Its an evil head )

.And changed the tooth a bit to .

So when that was finished I made a quick UV-map , gave it some color . Then

I added the texture.tga to the mesh of the head ( as a material bitmap).

I exporteded the head without any problems , no sanity checks failed .

Then I do the read and write , and there I get this error :

Reading node: skin = head

Loading original binary model : D:\ path to file PFHA05.mdl ( my new head )

geo_header 12 91

model_header 92 179

name_header 180 207

name_indexes 1624886004Tk::Error: Negative length at /PerlApp/MDLops.pm line 275.

MDLopsM::readbinarymdl at /PErlApp/MDLopsM.pm line 275

MDLopsM::readasciimdl at /PerlApp/MDLopsM.pm line 1259

main::doit at mdlops.pl line 633

Tk callback for .button2

Tk::_ANON_at/PerlApp/Tk.pm line 247

Tk::Button::butUp at /PerlApp/Tk/Button.pm line 111

<ButtonRelease-1>

<command bound to event>

Thats about the last thing I get in MDlops .

So what is it saying to me ????

What should I go and change to my model , I tried with an earlier version of the model without the long stringy twisted hair , but it gave the same error .

Hope somebody can tell me what to do , without to restart an new model again !

Thanks for the help

I haven't tried to edit a head with the latest version of mdlops so I have no idea if it would work, in previous version it did not, but that was before cchargin had cracked more of the animations code.

However to answer your question, you need to have the original binary .mdl and.mdx in the same folder as the new exported ascii.mdl. Just make sure that the new ascii. is renamed so that it doesn't overwrite the binary or vise versa.

Well the original mdl and mdx I extracted with kotorTool are in the same folder .

When I export my new model its just a mdl file , nowhere in the name I see ascii.

I always rename my exported model , pfha05-h.mdl -> so thats what I try to compile . It worked already once with another head I tried , but in the game the head floats next to the body and the face is totally disformed . The back of the head looks normal .

So redid the head editing , hoping it would stay normal in the game.

But as you can see I can't get it compiled anymore :mad:

Don't now if anything has to do with this , but the hair goes throw the aurorabase (big square + arrow) , the head before I didn't extend the hair that long .

*sigh* guess I can start all over again :ball:

So if I edit in MAX first then export it and then use taina's replacer .

Would that work ???

Anyway , I'll try that out , thanks for the help T7 !

Edit: Is there another site where I can get taina's replacer , cause pcgamemods gives me this :

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [function.mysqli]: Too many connections in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 22

Warning: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 28

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'DBException' with message 'Database: ' in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php:29 Stack trace: #0 /home/web/pcgm3/scripts/log.php(10): db->query('INSERT INTO pag...') #1 /home/web/pcgm3/mod.php(11): require_once('/home/web/pcgm3...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 29

Warning: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 113

So I guess its down or something ?

Hey thanks RedHawke , I was about to get crazy with all those errors thingys on one day . :bounce3:

Anyway I discovered something weird , seems like my MAX switches some letters

of the names of models I export with NWMAX .

Example with this body file : PMBNM it changes to this PMBMN ... and even if I change it in MAX . the compilere gives almost the same error like I gave above with the head . Don't now if anybody has encountered this before ?

But its only with that body.mdl , I used another one and it worked fine , it even compiled .

Thanks for the help !

Anyway I discovered something weird , seems like my MAX switches some letters

of the names of models I export with NWMAX .

Example with this body file : PMBNM it changes to this PMBMN ... and even if I change it in MAX . the compilere gives almost the same error like I gave above with the head . Don't now if anybody has encountered this before ?

But its only with that body.mdl , I used another one and it worked fine , it even compiled .

Thanks for the help !

Same for me but is not a Max bug and you should leave all names name as they are.

And yes, is just that model with this problem (I hope). To compile exported model you should rename binarys to be same as exported file except "-ascii" part.

So it is sort of a known problem ...

Well I restarted the head , re-extracrted and being very carefull not to do many changes at ones in MAX.

It compiled succesfully again , and the head isn't disformed in the game only it floats next to the body .

I used that ResetXform , but seems it doesn't help you out with heads :)

Anyway I'm glad I'm getting some anwsers on these things .

If anybody nows more about these things , you may still give more info or answers about why or what I might be doing wrong .

Are you people sure nobody ever made a serieus remodeled head mod for the Kotor-games ?

Archived