Home

Should they make a RPG of the new sith era?

Darth Cain

Depends on your perspective. Generally speaking, Theres not much happened that we know of yet. But left to our own devices, we all can have our own idea as to what the "new sith era" is like. So we all need asome basic groundwork to build the frame on before LA can even think of developing anything material about it.

I definitely want more Star Wars RP video games though I don't think an RPG set in the OT and PT time periods would be a good idea. So I think it would be great to have a RPG set in the New Sith Era.

I just hope LucasArts will continue to produce SW RP video games for us to play. So far they've only released two and LA hasn't provided any indication that they will make or commission a third since Jim Ward took over as president of the company.

I definitely want more Star Wars RP video games though I don't think an RPG set in the OT and PT time periods would be a good idea.
I think this option was already looked at and turned down by Bioware. The movie era is just to fleshed out and doesn't leave much room for grandiose, galaxy-affecting stories by new characters.

So I think it would be great to have a RPG set in the New Sith Era.
It definitely has potential...

^^^

Good to know! I agree with BioWare's decision on that one. :)

I just hope that LEC hasn't written off RPG's for its Star Wars license. Of course I want a KotOR 3 but I would like to see other SW RPG's as well, even non-Jedi-centric ones. But it seems like LEC favors FPS-style SW games (4 Jedi Knight games, 2 Battlefront games) and while I do eagerly anticipate Star Wars: "Force Unleashed" I still hope more SW RPG's are in store for us.

I would probably want to play any RPG set in the Sar Wars universe, regardless of the era.
The reason why I'm not interested in any OT or PT based RPG's is because the movies have already set the story. So if you play Luke as LS then you know what happens already. Now if the game allowed you to make choices like having Luke decide to join his father, embrace the dark side, and together destroy the Emperor then that might be interesting but IMO the game would already be handicapped because you know the LS outcome.

And to everyone's point about the New Sith era not having enough of a foundation, I don't get it. Wouldn't that give the game's story writers plenty of room to work with? Of course I know very little about the New Sith era so maybe I'm missing something here.

I haven't even read the Legacy comics, but I hate the premise. Its disconcerting to think that the galaxy just keeps going back to being extreme suck. Now if it all turned out to be a dream I'd like it. Of course I hated Star by Star when I read it the first time. I'd passed judgement on it with out giving it a chance.

The premise shows tremendous potential, even moreso than KotOR. With almost no restrictions, I am very interested in seeing where it goes. With no predetermined future, the possibilities are virtually endless. But like Prime, I want to see the era fleshed out some more.

But as for an RPG of the era, I can't say no to any Star Wars RPG, whatever the era. :D

Archived