Home

The name is Fisher...Sam Fisher

The Seeker

Heh, if you hear those words, it's only because you're being allowed to live for the time being. With all the talk of the new bond movie, I realized that a truly badass spy is being overlooked. Splinter Cell Double Agent releases in six days. I've got my pre order in a week ago. Who's getting it? Console or PC? Is it not the best stealth action series of all time?

Great, now I'm getting all twitchy thinking about it. :D

Do they go chronologically?

Meaning, would I have to play through the first couple before playing double agent?

Because the games to look incredibly fun.

Not necessarily. Though you will be a lot better at the game because you've already played it. And you'll know the caracters better. But as for story, I don't think it will matter. Although I could be incredibly wrong, but up to now, stories really haven't tied in together.

The actual plots of the games aren't linked, but this is one of those rare games that has a developed character. So, you don't necessarily need to play them in order, but it would help. Especially since by Chaos Theory there's not much of a tutorial since they must think you have it figured out by now.

And yes, Michael Ironside is still the voice of Sam and sounds as badass as ever.

Wally, take my word on it, get the games on pc first. All in order. It helps alot. And yes, the stories are kind of intrawoven, but not really a whole lot (the special encryption from the first one plays a main part of CT).

I personally can't wait, I'm kind of pissed I don't have a 360 because of this. Oh well, at least it's still gonna be on regular Xbox.

God D##@ F&%$@#s. Why do they keep pushing back the release date for the PC version. It had been set for same day as the 360, then changed to a few days later, which bugged me but I dealt with it. and now it's been bumped to November 8. I mean what the hell are they doing and why are they torturing me?

i played the first one and chaos theory-- i missed pandora... but chaos theory is what ists all about.. playing that bank lvl on expert trying to get above a 90 percent.... i know that they release it on the 360 5 days prior to everything else... and that kinda sucks... i am looking to double agent to be my next buy.

i didnt like the interface in the first one.,.. if dub agent plays off chaos theory interface i will be hooked for a few months

I traded in a half dozen PS2 games to get credit to preorder Double Agent. I bought some badass force feedback surround sound headphones and my gaming rig is just sitting there waiting (felt sorry for her so I've kept busy with Call of Duty 2) but dammit, I need some stealth action. It's gonna be a long couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for love!

The PC version is out tomorrow and I shall tear into it ASAP. So if you don't hear from me for a week or so, I've either dropped off the face of the earth, or have been captured by Double Agent. Either way, I'll be worthless to the world for a bit. :D

Archived