Home

The Official Gears of War Thread

Darth Groovy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have tons of people coming everyday asking about it. (I work at Gamestop). But I didn't know that pre-ordering it you got it sooner, that's pretty cool. I guess another reason pre-ordering games is a good idea. :)

Hey Groovy, you doing a midnight release? I'm pretty sure our store is. Although we have to get through the Final Fantasy midnight release first. It's gonna be hell.

Meh, takes more than great graphics to win me over ;) Besides it's not like I intend to buy a 360 anytime soon, maybe in 2 or 3 years.

Same here with the Graphics thing, but this also is said to have amazing gameplay, and also, the story was penned by Eric Nylund, so I'm already game for it. The Graphics (and Ultra-(Awsome)-Violence) are just the icing on the cake.

We have tons of people coming everyday asking about it. (I work at Gamestop). But I didn't know that pre-ordering it you got it sooner, that's pretty cool. I guess another reason pre-ordering games is a good idea. :)

Hey Groovy, you doing a midnight release? I'm pretty sure our store is. Although we have to get through the Final Fantasy midnight release first. It's gonna be hell.

You work at Gamestop too? I manage one! I'm sure your manager has already talked about how cool Gears of War is if he went to conference. I'm certain we will do either a midnight release or a same day pick up on Gears. We are also hosting an after hours preview of the game this Saturday. I won't be there, I'm going to my sister's Halloween party.

True, graphics are graphics, but game play is where it is at. The over the shoulder third person perspective works in an earie and simple way. The guns are candy, and your main machine gun has a chainsaw built into the muzzle of the damn thing. When you shove the chainsaw into the bad guy, the blood squirts up and splashes on your tv screen as if it was filmed that way. There is hords of bad guys in this thing. The pacing is definitely inspired by Resident Evil 4. The story so far is pretty fast paced, and interesting. Controls are basically the same as Halo, pretty easy to pick up on and play.

jebbers, you have a 360?

I've never wanted a 360 more than now : |

yep and 4 wireless controllers! i am currently playing a lot of Call Of Duty 2 On the Xbox Live!

B Nuggins is the name! come and find me if you wish to play some online fun!

And i gave up on oblivion because i was a vampire and cured myself, but i still take damage when im outside. and i have no clue on how to fix it and i am not starting over again! i have way tooo much time invested in it!

It'd be cool to play some MP with Cowpants, can't wait for it to come out. :D

For those of you who don't know...

These are the "cow pants" that he speaks of:

bg1341b.jpg

He's talking about my urban BDUs. I had xbox 360 live vision installed yesterday, I was wearing those camos, and we were playing a high energy brand of Uno on Live. I kicked his ass a couple of times. :waive1:

yep and 4 wireless controllers! i am currently playing a lot of Call Of Duty 2 On the Xbox Live!

B Nuggins is the name! come and find me if you wish to play some online fun!

And i gave up on oblivion because i was a vampire and cured myself, but i still take damage when im outside. and i have no clue on how to fix it and i am not starting over again! i have way tooo much time invested in it!

Ah, that happened to me in the PC version. Did you do the fetch quests for the old hag to get the potion?

Archived