Home

The Official Gears of War Thread

Darth Groovy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Curse Gamestop. They didn't have it in today. Oh well, I got friday off so I can have a long weekend to play it. And I'll be getting $5 off it tomorrow because the their ****-up.

Yes, I was pissed. Especially since when were at the place I had to go to work 20 minutes later. Big waste of time. :' (

I don't even have an Xbox 360 and I don't foresee one in my possession anytime soon, so I'll hold out for a PC release. :D Nothing has been said, however it's Epic so it's likely I think.

Nah, I'm pretty sure this is 360 only. At least of a while.

I'm with you Tokarev.

Gaaaahhhhh I can't wait for Unreal Tournament 2007.

Yea, it's coming out for everything now, PC, PS3, 360, even frigging Mac and Linux!

The multiplayer on Gears is pure sex. I will most likely be on Tomorrow night, and I am trying to get Sunday off, so I will be on Saturday night as well. I even know co-workers that want to get a match going. TiE, Jebbers, you guys wanna get in on this action?

I've got tomorrow off. So it'll be GoW day. :D

Probably playing it later today for the game expo I have been invited to as press ;) Though i'm much more interested in the Wii + Twilight Princess there and some awards thingy; and get home back to work.

GoW will probably bounce to PC like Halo did. It does look very interesting :)

You know, after looking at the amazingness that is Gears Of War, you have to remember something. This is being released at the beginning of the second year of the 360, so I just gotta wonder how games on the 360 will look in 2 or 3 years.

Also, I find it amazing that they were able to make Halo 2, Chaos Theory, and Double Agent look so damn good on such old tech as a PIII processor, 64mb RAM, and a GeForce 3 GPU, just damn.

i contemplated getting a 360 this past spring but still havn't been pleased with all the reports bashing it. i got live last christmas but i dont have the high speed internet so i still havn't hooked it up yet for my original xbox. pathetic i know. so anyone that has a 360, how is it? good bad reveiws do tell? i may get one after christmas. its either that or a new paintball gun.

i contemplated getting a 360 this past spring but still havn't been pleased with all the reports bashing it. i got live last christmas but i dont have the high speed internet so i still havn't hooked it up yet for my original xbox. pathetic i know. so anyone that has a 360, how is it? good bad reveiws do tell? i may get one after christmas. its either that or a new paintball gun.

Yeah, the 360 pretty much rox my sox. I hardly ever play PC games anymore.

i dont call it 'seXBOX 3Sexy' for nuttin'!

For all who own the game, who all has beat it at this point?

The game was very exiting, kinda nerve racking in spots, but a very pleasant experience, although somewhat short, which seems to be the trend of games now days. Still seemed very satisfying from start to finish. I loved all the subtle dry humor, and the one liners were streight out of any random sci-fi action flick. I still have to say that this is graphically the most beautiful game I have ever played. The guys at epic with the unreal engines STILL have the best damn character models and renders in the business. The replay on this game is very high. I look forward to going at it a second time on harder modes. I DON'T look forward to fighting the berzerkers again though. Now I just have to get my multi-player game better.

my only gripe is they could have used a bit more variety with the boss fights instead of having us fight the berserkers 3 freaking times...

I gotta give this game a 95%.

• 2 weeks later...

You cut me jebbers....you cut me deep!

Actually I was all feeling sorry for myself, but a couple of guys from that same match sent me another invite, and I wound up playing MP until about 2:30 a.m. I had a few good moments and I think I get a little bit better with practice.

Sad thing is... I spend far too much time selling video games to people than I get time to actually play them...:(

Yeah dude, I played it on my friends Hi Def TV. We were doing the two player campaign. The first time we fought the berserker(mostly running)it was the best. Having to run down to the berserker, revive my friend, run back and vice versa. Good times. The Xbox Live gameplay is sick too.

Archived