Home

What is your avatar and why?

Totenkopf

I tried going through a number of other avatar related threads before posting this, but didn't see anything similiar. This is not a request for creating an avatar. Just curious as to where some of your avatars are from and why you chose them. Don't have one yet myself, so can't answer this for my own case.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is a small detail of a forlorn postcard I happened to notice in a shop, and bought immediately, tough with no intention of ever sending it to anyone. It's close by, and I can always gaze at the loneliness and desolation it depicts, whenever I feel like it.

Nice third reich username.

I chose mine because I love Sergio Leone's movies, especially the ones with Clint Eastwood.

Yeah, it had the virtue of not likely already having been taken. Somehthing of a military history buff. BTW, those are some of my favorite movies, too.

Mine = Jeff Bridges as "The Dude" (A.K.A.: Jeff Lebowski) from the Coen Brother's cult classic masterpiece: "The Big Lebowski"

(If you haven't seen it yet, drop everything you are doing this very second and rectify that situation immediately!!!!)

:joy:

I re-watched it recently, and found myself totally identifying with The Dude's state of life he manages to find himself in. I've recently had a few weeks like that...

My Custom Title is also a line of dialog taken from the movie (actually, from the very scene the avatar was taken from, I do believe...) But it does apply truthfully to me... most of the time...

Lumiya--it all started in this crazy Ahto thread where Emperor Devon claimed s/he was actually Empress Devon and put up the Lumiya avatar (except all in black--see post 13 and on). As a result of my subsequent posts, s/he decided to be my nemesis, and gave me his/her Lumiya avatar, (changed to red of course because Red Rules almost as much as Aqua), and I decided to be his/her nemesis. Thus, the silliness of The Duel commenced. After that, Emperor Devon returned to being just he/him/Emperor/male, and he remains thus to this day.

After Halloween I'll probably go back to the Yoda avatar because the Lumiya avatar really disturbs my son. I'm not sure why a long eared green skinned puppet doesn't, but that's kids for ya.

And El Sithy, I think Kermit is ftw. Rowlf in Veterinarian's Hospital, Gonzo, and Dr. Honeydew and Beaker aren't far behind. :D

Archived