Home

What is your avatar and why?

Totenkopf

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After that, Emperor Devon returned to being just he/him/Emperor/male, and he remains thus to this day.

OR HAVE I?!? :xp:

Anything can be fibbed about over the Internet... ;)

After Halloween I'll probably go back to the Yoda avatar because the Lumiya avatar really disturbs my son. I'm not sure why a long eared green skinned puppet doesn't, but that's kids for ya.

No logic there. :xp:

I have mine because... It just looks good, and I don't want to use a Sith Lord who already exists. Not much of a story to it.

A swampie known as -=Chi3f=- built this avatar for me a LONG time ago. Because while I am the resident old fart, I am still the original "Dapper Zabrak". I have had many avatars over the years, but I always default back to this one.

It's a combination of Darth Maul and David Bowie from the Heathen album. (HUGE Bowie fan since forever...) with flames added for flare. (Get it? FLARE!)

Ling-Ling, the sociopathic Asian trading card monster from the animated reality show spoof Drawn Together. The image is from the episode where Princess Clara's vagina is revealed to be an octopus-like mutant bent on destruction due to an evil stepmother's curse. Ling-Ling was doing the dishes at the time. Probably based on a true story.

As for why, well, he's my favourite character from the show, and I got bored with the evil clown avatars collected from Manhunt that I had been using for a while.

Mine's, if there's anyone who doesn't recognize the character, the Albino, an antagonist from the latest Hitman game. Why? Because his character showed such promise while the game was still being announced, but he, in fact, only appeared near the end as one of the targets, a difficult one, but still just a target. Oh, right, before this one I used the picture of HK-47 from TSL (not a screenshot, but that little pic in the lower right corner of the screen), because HK is my favorite SW droid.

A swampie known as -=Chi3f=- built this avatar for me a LONG time ago. Because while I am the resident old fart, I am still the original "Dapper Zabrak". I have had many avatars over the years, but I always default back to this one.

It's a combination of Darth Maul and David Bowie from the Heathen album. (HUGE Bowie fan since forever...) with flames added for flare. (Get it? FLARE!)

The first time I saw your Avatar I laughed out loud.

I've had this same avatar for all the 3 years I've been here. I'm using it because Game & Watch is part of Nintendo's history, and I love his character, and because I was playing Super Smash Bros. Melee at the time and he is awesome in that game. He has double lightsabers because I was also playing Jedi Academy at the time and I thought that it would be cool if I gave him dual sabers; and just because this is a Star Wars forum, and just because I was showing off my 1337 graphickz skillz. :p

It's gone through a few notable upgrades over the years:

This was the original one:

ig64xd8.jpg

he original image of Game & Watch I used was one I found on the SSBM web site.

This was the first major upgrade:

ignewxa4.jpg

I made the sabers look better and gave him hilts. This also had several holiday renditions:

ighalloweenav5.jpgigthanksgivingrn0.jpgigchristmasvs5.jpgigpartypc2.jpg

After the forum's look was updated to the new version, and we were allowed larger avatars, I thought it was time for a makeover, so I completely recreated it. This is the one I have right now. Instead of using that original picture I found on that website, I redrew the outline to be clearer and more accurately portray Game & Watch. I had an un-cropped version of this as my signature for awhile, and in case anyone wants to see it again:

igmrgqx9.jpg

I don't plan on changing my avatar any time soon. I don't think anyone would like me to change it anyways. It's kind of grown to be my identity here. The only person who's ever objected to it is AstroToy7 (where is he by the way?)

So now you know the story of my avatar, good day. :p

Archived