Home

Phobias

Emperor Devon

Does anyone have any phobias around here? Anything from as minor as making you nervous to trying to break through walls with your fingernails. Any stories as to why either?

I'll start. I have a strange one myself, which I have oh so creatively called "driderphobia", after those half-drow half-spider monsters BioWare was crazy enough to put into HotU. I'd never seen them before I played NWN, but bile can literally start to rise whenever I see one of them. When I was playing through the castle in the strange town, I had to turn off the sound, the monitor, and let my wizard do the dirty work. It was just too disgusting to see, and the webbing help didn't either. After finishing HotU, I used the toolset to remove them completely.

I'm not that disturbed by spiders, (heck, one of my preschool teachers had a huge pet tarantula and I was okay with it. I wasn't brave enough to pet it like some other people, though...) but a combination of them and humanoids can leave me shuddering in revulsion. Thank goodness there's a mod to remove them from Oblivion too.

That was long. So, what makes everyone else here afraid?

It's always good to know your weaknesses. :xp:

(Note: post ANY drider-like pictures, and I'll be pressing the yellow button before I can even cringe in disgust. :xp: )

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spiders! .. Why the hell would the creator person .. put spiders on Earth!!!??? Thats just mean! ... eeewww i hate spiders, i cannot even be in the same room as one, no matter what type it is.

Anyway, i don't have that big of problems with heights, i just need to know im perfectly safe, and stuff. i wont go absailing, did that before ... didnt lke it at all lol, but i will go to the edge of centerpoint tower, and ive been on the top of harbour bridge (Sydney :D). and some would say absailing is more safer than the bridge. It's just my wierd thing lol.

But the top phobia, is spiders. :(

Spiders are cool and I like snakes.

My fears lets see well I have this thing about bugs but nothing serious. I have mild claustrophobia but only when I am stuffed like a sardine on a city bus and if I am blindfolded. I get nausous and feel like I'm losing control when someone puts a blindfold on me. That's why I don't like doing the pinata thing at B-day parties. My biggest fear is being alone.

Heck, I have a bunch of tiny temporary one-time phobias, which are mostly influenced by horror movies and appear after seeing one. There's only one of those that sometimes reappears - the fear of those demon creatures from the horror ''Darkness''. When it comes to real fears I have a moderate fear of heights.

i'm frickin' scared sh**less of spiders. i guess i have major Arachnophobia. i won't enter a room even if there's only 1 daddy long legs dancing on the ceiling.

other than that, great heights make me queasy, but i can handle it without much problems.

Spiders are cool. They eat flies and mosquitoes which I hate.

You know, "enemy of my enemy" type thing.

When I was a kid, I adopted the spider that lived in the bushes in my yard. I protected her and fed her all summer until she was huge.

Then I fed her to my snapping turtle.

On Topic:

It wasn't always so, but I'm developing a fear of flying. I think it's because I have too much knowlege of the business of commercial airlines and their integrity seems to be declining rapidly.

Always hated bugs ever since half an anthill wound up in my sleeping bag during a camping trip when I was about 7 or 8. Not really phobic about them, though.

My cousin on the other hand has full-blown raving arachnophobia. That part in LOTR where Frodo takes on Shelob had him curled into a fetal position on the couch, hands over eyes, whimpering to be told when it was over. And this is a 38 year-old 6' 3" 200lb former football player and triathelete. I never let him forget about that one...hee hee hee...

^ Him.

I don't mind spiders. I just fear deep water. i get the shivers when I ever I think about the dark abyss in the ocean. Just looking in to the darkness of the ocean creeps me out. And maybe heights a bit. I don't like rock climbing, but I would mind sky diving or bungee jumping. Kinda strange. Otherwise, nothing else comes to mind.

Like the new Avatar Emperor D.

Thanks. I'm getting into the season.

@Jae, too bad. I already know yours. :xp:

@Everyone, so you can all exploit it, I think her phobia is (surprise!) arachnophobia. :p

@Mace, how you can end not being afraid or disgusted with bugs after that is beyond me. :indif:

Archived