Home

Help with the Rogue Droid side quest on Korriban.

Sir Vougalot

From a faq on GameFaqs.Com:

Near the entrance pick up the datapad and sound-dampening

stealth unit. Go through the door at the halls east end with the stealth unit

equipped, otherwise the rogue droid will attack you and he is no pushover.

When you enter, the droid speaks with you about his history.

From another faq from the same site:

- In the tomb of Marka Ragnos, the area is one large running of the guantlet

(basically). Destroy everything (unless you go alone or have everyone go

stealth, you shouldn't worry about disarming the mines) and make your way

to the top.

- Once you're through the door at the top will unlock and you'll meet a

prototype combat droid.

- For Light side points, agree to disarm it when it asks you to.

- The correct order to disarm it is:

1. Combat Matrix

2. Motor Function Matrix

3. Sensory Systems Matrix

4. Memory Matrix

5. Cognitive System

6. Emotional Construct Matrix

7. Creative Simulation Matrix

- The core will automatically shut down. Once it does, you'll have the

option to either plant a bomb or disable it's killer routines. Choose

the killer routines and it will thank you and give you it's redundant

systems as thanks (droid armor/weaponry).

- For Dark Side points, do the same as above, only plant a bomb in it. You

can also say you don't want to help it and just kill it right then and

there.

- Whichever you choose, go back to the Sith Master and report on it, if you

did things the light way, you can still get prestige by lying and saying

you planted a bomb on it.

Yet another:

The other tomb has a robot sensative to sound. If you walk in too far

without a Sound Dampening Stealth Device, you will upset them all and

you'll get a minor alert on the top left of the screen, but ignore it.

You can kill the first three or so droids with a blaster or Throw

Lightsaber, then stealth and walk in past them, however to open the

door at the end you have to kill everything, so just go in full force.

Ignore anyone who tells you they should've been saved.

Now, I have never been able to do anything with this droid other than fight it. I've tried a number of things:

--Killed everything, disarmed all bombs, activated my sound-dampening sleath unit (both with just the player as well as the NPCs), and entered the droid's chamber.

--Went into the tomb, activated a stealth unit, snuck past everything. I was unable to open the door at the back. Tried this both solo and with my companions.

--Same as above, only I killed the first three or so, sometimes equipping a blaster. The door did open this time. I've tried this alone as well as with help.

Hell, I've tried just about everything, et every single time I open that door at the back, the only thing the droid says to me is "Too much audio input" and attacks me. I can't do a single thing about it! And every single time I open that final door I have done so cloaked, wearing a sound-dampening stealth unit. What am I doing wrong?

IIRC there is a corpse on the right side of the rampway that leads to the top of Marka Ragnos' tomb that has a Sound Dampening Stealth Unit. That is the belt you need to be wearing when you enter the room at the top of the rampway, after you destroy all the droids and take care of all the mines on the way up. This always worked for me. I don't think any other type of stealth belt will do the trick though and I only equipped it on my PC, not any of the NPC's that were in my party.

After wasting everything in the hallway, put on the sound dampening thingie from the dead body at the bottom of the stairs. Don't bother cloaking. As you open the door with it equipped, the droid should thank you for reducing your sound level, opening up the dialogue trees to disarming him.

*edit* cutmeister beat me to it...

Don't bother cloaking
Good point. :)

I just had the Sound Dampening Stealth Unit equipped and never tried to use stealth mode when I went into the tomb. I was always able to sucessfully start the dialog with the rogue assassin droid as a result. Maybe Zerimar Nyliram has the belt equipped and tries to enter the room where the droid is with stealth mode activated.

Yes, I know about the corpse with the SDSU. And yes, I have always assumed that you must enter the burial chamber in stealth mode and never bothered to try it without it.

By the way, I usually already have several SDSUs before I enter the tomb. Must I equip that exact one I got off of the corpse? I don't think there is any distinction.

By the way, I usually already have several SDSUs before I enter the tomb. Must I equip that exact one I got off of the corpse? I don't think there is any distinction.
You are correct. The game doesn't care if you use the SDSU found in the tomb or not. It's all the same. The script just checks to see if your PC has an SDSU equipped upon entering the room where the rogue droid is. As long as your PC isn't in stealth mode then you should be able to have ongoing dialog with the droid.

Well, I tried it as you say. I entered the tomb with an SDSU equipped (in fact, all three of my party members had them equipped), killed everything and entered the bural chamber without having entered stealth mode. I was still unable to have any type of conversation with the droid and was forced to fight it.

Well, I'm now past that part of the game, but I'd still appreciate any advice for future playthroughs.

(in fact, all three of my party members had them equipped)

This is likely your issue here, you need to be in solo mode and leave your fellow party members back a little way from the door.

From the GameBanshee Walkthrough. Here is the link to that specific part of the walkthrough.

Before you open the door here, if you're planning on any peaceful solution with the droid inside, you'd better put on a Sound Dampening Stealth Unit and save your game. Your party might already have one, but if not, there's on on a corpse at area #2. To be safe, equip it in the belt slot of any character with the Stealth skill if one is available, and make that character your lead. Next, put the character with the unit in solo mode and open the door. This way, your other characters' equipment will not be included in the droid's check. Once you open the door, you'll encounter a more peaceful droid at area #4. If you've equipped a dampening unit on your lead and followed the instructions yet the droid is still hostile, reload your game, equip another dampening unit on another non-lead character, and try again.

Well, I'm now past that part of the game, but I'd still appreciate any advice for future playthroughs.

I hope my post does so. :)

I dunno...update the game and make sure you've got the latest version maybe?

I do!

RedHawke: I've tried that, along with many other things, and it never works.:( When I went through the entire thing with one character equipped with an SDSU on stealth mode and did not kill anything, the door to the burial chamber wouldn't even open. And when I do kill stuff, the droid still attacks me, whether I'm in stealth mode, out of stealth mode, alone, not alone, etc.

RedHawke: I've tried that, along with many other things, and it never works.:( When I went through the entire thing with one character equipped with an SDSU on stealth mode and did not kill anything, the door to the burial chamber wouldn't even open. And when I do kill stuff, the droid still attacks me, whether I'm in stealth mode, out of stealth mode, alone, not alone, etc.

I have done this dozens (if not hundreds) of times and I can assure you that it works as the above walkthrough says... the game can and does have its glitches though (I have had it not work a few times), hence why the walkthrough says to save before trying it and reload if it messes up. ;)

• 8 years later...

Zerimar Nyliram, I have a solution for your problem 9 years later.

A little bit of backstory: I played KOTOR when it first came out on Xbox and loved it. It started my love of RPGs. I recently got it for iPhone/iPad on sale for $5 and have been playing through it. Got to the front of the tomb, talked to the student, said "oh right, I need to get a sound dampener," and bought one. Went inside, discovered the corpse, looted the body. Before opening the doors, I equipped the belt and that's when I ran into the same problem you did, which I do not remember running into before.

After reading the comments on this thread, I thought "okay, people say the two belts are the same. But what if they aren't? And what if the first one I equip is the store-bought one, and the second one is the one on the body?" So I equipped the first belt on my team npc and the second on my main character. Worked like a charm, got the light side option.

TL;DR: belts are NOT the same, the last one you pick up is at the bottom of the stack.

Oh, sweet! That may very well be the issue. Your timing couldn't be better either as I am just now getting back into KOTOR modding after a many-year hiatus and am about to start playing the game again after an equally long hiatus.

Thank you very much! I'll let you know if it works or not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived