Home

Stuck On "The Journey" help please

Kloppstock

Im stuck on Secret Of Monkey Island, i have consulted different walktroughs on the net but no matter how different thei are whriten i can't get past this area

On "The Journey" when your about to be shot-out Guybrush from the cannon to land on Monkey Island, i seem to do something wrong

this is what i do

1.i putt the gun pouder inside the cannon

2.i press use pott

3(Guybrush then goes and lite the fire automaticly)

3.i press use cannon nozzle(fast)

4.Guybrush says - i have no desire to blast myself out in the sea

allso if i just light the fire and then press "use cannon nozzle" nothing happens

allso if i just light the fire and then press "use pott" nothing happens

allso if i just light the fire and then press "use pott" and then fast press "use cannon nozzle" after nothing happens exept he say that replica i mentioned above

the question is could there be any other combination than this ones :ears1: (YES! :smash: )

What I do is

- Use gunpowder in cannon nozzle.

- Use rope in cannon.

- Light dance instructions on fire with fire under the big cooking pot.

- Use flaming mass with rope.

- Very very quickly use pot with nozzle.

i think i am as quick as possible, still i fail

and still he says "I Have no desire to blast myself out to see"

damn

If he's saying "I Have no desire to blast myself out to sea", then it sounds like you haven't reached Monkey Island. He won't blast himself out until you can see Monkey Island just off the side of the ship.

You need to find out how to get the ship to Monkey Island. have you found the "Directions to Monkey Island!!!" yet?

If he's saying "I Have no desire to blast myself out to sea", then it sounds like you haven't reached Monkey Island. He won't blast himself out until you can see Monkey Island just off the side of the ship.

You need to find out how to get the ship to Monkey Island. have you found the "Directions to Monkey Island!!!" yet?

hmm..what i know is that i can alteast see Monkey Island at the right side of the ship, so i guess im there, (unless its possible to get even closer in some way? lol)

Hmm, lighting the fire and pressing use pot should work, so I'm not sure what's wrong here.

Question, when you first arrived at Monkey Island and first go up on deck, did Guybrush automatically go over to the side of the ship and witness the arrival at monkey island?

thanks that did it, for some reason i think i have loaded wrong saved game the last couple of tryes without knowing it (a save before i could see monkey island) and offcorse i did not noticed that i could not longer see Monkey Island, however the first time playing i saw it..must have deleted thath accidentley

so the conclusion must be that my "disturbance problems" was the bad guy here LOL

thanks again for putting me on the right trail thou :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I think I had the same prob YEARS (I mean years ago. about 10) ago when playing the game. I think I had to go back below deck to the cabin where you get the cinnimon and when I came back out I think it worked. Something like that. Well you got it so it doesn't really matter now.

Archived