Home

What you couldn't do/say in KotOR II...

The Architect

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could barely get him to say that. Every time I talk to him, the conversation goes something like:

BAO-DUR: Yes, General?

ME: Never mind.

And somehow he still manages to be not only my favorite character in the entire KOTOR series, but is pretty much half of my number 2 ship of anything ever (1st is always Dwangela) with LSFExile. No idea how though. Met him on Telos, and was like "Wow, this guy rocks." Use him pretty much on every planet too.

But basically, your pretty much right. All he really is is just "Hey use me for one level, than never use me again!" Character (ala Zalbarr. Who ever really used him someplace other than Kashyyyk?) But I'm happy just as long as there's a thing called fanfiction to satisfy my Bao fix. [/fangirlrant]

Well, despite Bao-dur's quiet demeanor, when he does say something, it's hilarious. For instance:

ATTON: Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very.'

BAO-DUR: I think he wanted us to give up the General to his poorly-trained collection of bounty hunters.

ATTON: Ah. well that would explain it. Which one do you want?

BAO-DUR: I'll take the stupid one who decided to threaten us rather than shoot us when he had the chance.

Indeed. More funny lines from someone other than a droid. HK and G0-T0 get a lot of the action.

Also, it would be cool if you could have run into more characters from the first game. I would love it if you're just walkin' rown Nar Shaddaa and it's like "Woah! Mission in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr! Yeah, kick that bouncer's butt Zalbarr!"

Oh, you do have a point....but there showing up could be an effect of what you set Revan to at the beginning. Like the sith holocron in Korriban, if you set Revan to light side on Perageus, you could just happen to run into Juhani on Dantoeen, half insane, eating a Kinrath, and mumbling something about Quatra. Or maybe Zalbarr and Mission give you something to help make the Exchange hate you on Nar Shaddaa, like a secret bonus mission of sorts. We all know Mission likes getting people to hate her.

Yeah, they could have done that, but I think that would have been way too much effort on Obsidian's part. Personally, I think they should have just stuck with the canonical LSM Revan and worked on the important stuff--like finishing the game. :p

And as I mentioned before, they never got the Carth/Cede thing to work right.

Also, there was the matter of hiring all the voice actors. :D

We can only dream... I'm trying to think of other things. Definatly, better control of the other two in the party. No idea if this is just a glitch, but most of the time when I have Atton in my party and a fight comes on. The player I'm controling runs up to fight along with the other computer player. But Atton always just stands in the back, in attack position, and it says "Combat action engaged" or whatever. and I KNOW I'm not using the little things (whatever they're called "Stationary, Grenader, Jedi Support" ect.) because the only time I use them is when there's a minefield with enemies across it. And only then, it's stationary and they've got blasters.

Also, that less characters could become jedi. I mean, it's cool when you've got like five available jedi's. But maybe if less could become Jedi, you would have more time to focus on the character and get them to Jedi. You know, so you don't have to travel around five planets to gain influence with one character to turn them into a jedi, when instead you could just talk to one for a few minutes, and bam: JEDI!

Also, Ctrl, Han Solo?

Yeah, I dunno why. It's funny, cause he's hair also resembled RotJ Luke to me as well. But it's better that I stop it before I get myself lynched. :xp:

And somehow he still manages to be not only my favorite character in the entire KOTOR series

Yeah, well, I think he could have used some more work, as almost all the character of K2.

Plus, what's up with that voice? Why does he whispers all the time, to the point I almost have to turn the volume up every time he speaks.

Plus, what's up with that voice? Why does he whispers all the time, to the point I almost have to turn the volume up every time he speaks.

:lol: Same here. His voice was just strange. It was usually so dull and awkward, and yet it was very good at other times.

I think it adds to his character. Who knows if he was like that before Malachor; he blames himself for all the deaths there, and guilt of that magnitude would be quite the psychological blow. Maybe after that he feels no need to proclaim himself to the world.

I think it adds to his character. Who knows if he was like that before Malachor; he blames himself for all the deaths there, and guilt of that magnitude would be quite the psychological blow. Maybe after that he feels no need to proclaim himself to the world.

Depth? Perhaps, if he didn't speak like that all the time. It almost gave me the feel of a bad actor (Not a bad voice actor):

Bao-Dur is now happy.

Bao - *Whispers* I feel myself relieved... as I haven't been for a while.

Bao-Dur is now angry.

Bao - *Whispers again* I will kick your sore butt now, your Mandalorian-lover, son of a...

Bao-Dur is now sad.

Bao - *Whispers... Yet once again* *Mumbling something inaudible to himself*

Depth? Perhaps, if he didn't speak like that all the time. It almost gave me the feel of a bad actor (Not a bad voice actor):

Bao-Dur is now happy.

Bao - *Whispers* I feel myself relieved... as I haven't been for a while.

Bao-Dur is now angry.

Bao - *Whispers again* I will kick your sore butt now, your Mandalorian-lover, son of a...

Bao-Dur is now sad.

Bao - *Whispers... Yet once again* *Mumbling something inaudible to himself*

That's about the best impression I have seen of Bao-Dur hahaha. I never really liked the way he talked, it was just soooo drawn out and seemed a bit silly at times.

Yeah, one line he said, which I love is in the Pazaak Den on Nar Shaddaa, when you try to play with the twi'lik woman (her name slips my mind), and Bao is the only guy in your party. You ask her to play and it's like.

Twi'lik - I want to play with him.

Exile - Him

Bao - ~distraught~ Me??

The way he says it just gets me. Take Bao with you everywhere on Nar Shaddaa, I've gotten a few funny things out of him.

Also...another wish... I wish that, I don't know if it's just my game, but after I got off Goto's ship, when walking around Nar Shaddaa's refugee landing pad area, I saw Hanharr and Mira just standing there chillin'. I mean, I guess if I weren't female, 2 Miras would be a good thing... but then again, it was a little funny to see Mira in her jedi robes standing next to Hanharr right next to the giant pit. So yeah, after one of them dies, seeing them stand around doesn't really make sense.

Hehehe, I've had a similar bug with Atton. I went back much later and went through the entire "your falling to teh DARK SIDE!1!" lecture in one sitting. :D

Nice. I just had a glitch where I made my lightsaber and Bao made me one, but instead 2 showed up in my inventory. XD

So yeah, basically what I've established is KOTOR has bugs and kinda-established characters whom I adore. So, if there's anything else is wish for of KOTOR 2, I'll gladly voice it.

Yeah, one line he said, which I love is in the Pazaak Den on Nar Shaddaa, when you try to play with the twi'lik woman (her name slips my mind)

Dahnis, I think.

Also...another wish... I wish that, I don't know if it's just my game, but after I got off Goto's ship, when walking around Nar Shaddaa's refugee landing pad area, I saw Hanharr and Mira just standing there chillin'. I mean, I guess if I weren't female, 2 Miras would be a good thing... but then again, it was a little funny to see Mira in her jedi robes standing next to Hanharr right next to the giant pit. So yeah, after one of them dies, seeing them stand around doesn't really make sense.

DoubleMira.gif

:D

Archived