Home

Custom Title?

RC-1162

Well, I have yet to see a sub-1000 poster here in this thread...

Hi.

Just for the record, and to stay on topic, I don't mind waiting for a custom title. Though I think 1000 posts is a bit high. Some of us have very narrow views on what threads are post worthy and which ones aren't. Actually, I'm just lazy at the whole forum thing. To sum up my random posting in this thread, I don't care what the titles are, or when or if I get a custom one, as long as I'm never titled as Bantha Fodder. :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the award for the most pessimistic post goes to prime...

I'm pretty sure that people arent going to post random crap just to get their little label underneath their name changed. I didnt. And anywya, the reason there are awards and promotions (in sense) is because it goes to show hoe helpful and respectful people are, not how big a post count they have. Post count means very little, its just another way of identifying the differences between people.

I'm pretty sure that people arent going to post random crap just to get their little label underneath their name changed. I didnt. And anywya, the reason there are awards and promotions (in sense) is because it goes to show hoe helpful and respectful people are, not how big a post count they have. Post count means very little, its just another way of identifying the differences between people.

Actually, people do spam just to get the thing under their name changed, either because they're n00bs, or because they want respect.

No matter what the case, you cannot erase the fact that post count more or less dictates your authority. It might be subconscious, but it's there. The bigger post count a guy has, the more people will grow to respect him at first glance. You cannot deny the fact that first impressions are the most important, especially on the murky, gloomy web.

Actually, people do spam just to get the thing under their name changed, either because they're n00bs, or because they want respect..

respect should be earnt, not rewarded for posting multiple times. Take Mag_opus in the republic commando forum. 25 posts and he's one of the most respected people that posts there IMO. he has made some of the best sigs i have ever seen, yet with minimal post count he's a hit. So, although some people may be mislead by the "bigger post count, better person2 concept, heres proof that isnt it.

I'm pretty sure that people arent going to post random crap just to get their little label underneath their name changed. I didnt.

Believe me, all moderators delete random spammy crap on a pretty regular basis by people who are just posting a whole lot of nothing to get to the 1001 point. I don't complain because I've had random crap deleted, too. :)

Yeah, they delete it. They might temp-ban you, too. :xp:

Good times...

Anyway, as to the topic of the thread... I really don't see the point. If the admins are going to let people have a custom title from the beginning, why not just get rid of the 1000 post requirement altogether? It seems highly... illogical.

respect should be earnt, not rewarded for posting multiple times. Take Mag_opus in the republic commando forum. 25 posts and he's one of the most respected people that posts there IMO. he has made some of the best sigs i have ever seen, yet with minimal post count he's a hit. So, although some people may be mislead by the "bigger post count, better person2 concept, heres proof that isnt it.

Just how many people visit that forum? A handful of spammers. I know there's you, me, RC, Bomberman and Opus. I don't think a limited opinion of respect actually counts. There is just nobody there. Here in Ahto, we have a much larger base of regulars. I believe it would be more difficult to earn respect here. There is nothing that can be done about the whole big-post-count thing, in my opinion, save removing the Post Counter, which I am sure will not be too much of a popular idea...

Okay IF you are going to remove the 1000 post count. Don't do it before i reach it or il scream. I like the rank idea system though, some nice star wars themed ones based on Jedi would be good. As for garnering respect based on post count. I don't think it's right, i mean im near a thousand posts and most of mine are meaningless but on the off chance i do sometimes have something important to say i don't want people to judge me by my previous posts and not read the important stuff i write.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had an idea. Since the holidays are around the corner, why not grant every one the ability to change their custom title? A PM could be sent to every one that is under 1000 posts notifying them about the "hoilday special". But, This would only last untill January 1st. It could be a little gift from all the great Moderators.:xp:

Archived