Home

Custom Title?

RC-1162

Also, I thought this Thread had died.

Yeah.. me too :¬:

Sorry gang, but this subject has risen up sooo many times. The policy isn't changing any time soon, and making threads over it definitely won't make it happen any faster. ;)

Admins will, in time, try to implement a ranking system so that "Registered User" will become a thing in the past.. but there's alot of work still to be done in the infrastructure of LFnet before any of the 'fun' stuff gets done.

Please be patient. The Admins are well aware of your desire for something better than "Registered User" (I'm right there with ya' gang)...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, I thought this Thread had died.

It hasn't been dead for long!

Sorry gang, but this subject has risen up sooo many times. The policy isn't changing any time soon, and making threads over it definitely won't make it happen any faster.

Admins will, in time, try to implement a ranking system so that "Registered User" will become a thing in the past.. but there's alot of work still to be done in the infrastructure of LFnet before any of the 'fun' stuff gets done.

Please be patient. The Admins are well aware of your desire for something better than "Registered User" (I'm right there with ya' gang)...

Understandable! But at least we tried.:xp:

• 3 months later...

^^^

Hmmm... just noticed this...

(Tells how observant I am! :xp: )

Apparently I am "Regular"... :eyeraise:

Hrm... I don't want to cast a bad light on the idea -- which is great BTW -- but "Regular" doesn't sound all that appealing -- to me at least. :roleyess:

Could us "Regular" folks get a title that doesn't sound like it is referring to -- ummm --- our bodily functions instead? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a thought...

I’m not overly found of the title “Junior Member,” but it beats "Registered User." (Well at least I think it does. At least it better than “Banned”).

Thanks for a change anyways. At my current pace it will be 2011 or 2012 before I get my custom title, so this was a nice surprise. Thanks all.

• 1 month later...
You'll have to wait for a while. Check in a few hours.

I think the scheduled task that checks post count and moves people over to the other user group allowing a custom title runs once per hour or so, so just waiting a while should fix that, for future reference. :)

I think reputation is a feature of vB 3.6+ (I don't exactly keep up with the development of it though so I may be wrong).

There is a Reputation power field on the user profile screen here, though I don't know if it has anything to do with the type of reputation you're referring to. If it has then it's likely supported by vBulletin 3 but turned off at LucasForums. An admin will have to answer that since I can't see the forum settings.

As for reputation/karma I personally don't see the point of it. On the few forums I'm lurking on that has this feature it doesn't seem to be an indicator of anything. :) What purpose does it serve?

There is indeed a reputation feature which is similar to the Karma thing but it has not been enabled and will likely never be. As stoffe, I don't see the point in enabling such feature. Titles are much better IMHO: they're fun and it's an objective method which is available to everyone contrary to Karma/reputation which is entirely dependant on the votes and comments made by others.

There is a Reputation power field on the user profile screen here, though I don't know if it has anything to do with the type of reputation you're referring to. If it has then it's likely supported by vBulletin 3 but turned off at LucasForums. An admin will have to answer that since I can't see the forum settings.

As for reputation/karma I personally don't see the point of it. On the few forums I'm lurking on that has this feature it doesn't seem to be an indicator of anything. :) What purpose does it serve?

It just states that youve been on for a long time and post a lot and are really active.Because anyone with a custom title could say theyre special.While unlike redvsblue which has a thing where sponsors get custom titles.And they have access to really cool stuff,SWK users can suck up to the mods to change their title.

It just states that youve been on for a long time and post a lot and are really active.Because anyone with a custom title could say theyre special.While unlike redvsblue which has a thing where sponsors get custom titles.And they have access to really cool stuff,SWK users can suck up to the mods to change their title.

Does it really matter that someone has been around for a long time and post a lot? Personally I don't think that makes someone's opinions inherently worth more than everybody else's. :)

And those that do think it's important for whatever reason can still see it since the Registration date and number of posts is displayed in the bar to the left every time someone posts.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just a bit curious what the point of the reputation/karma system is since I can't really see it. :) What does the karma/reputation reflect? That someone has been around a long time? That someone has a lot of friends on the forums or is generally well liked? Would you really need to quantify that into a number? :)

Archived