Home

Custom Title?

RC-1162

Why dont you ask the guys who made the site?

But since you're the person who's been suggesting the idea, don't you think it would make more sense to ask you? :)

Personally I'm against it as well. Nothing could arise from an official reputation system than popularity contests, angst about not getting good enough ratings from people, lots of debate about the point of having it, and probably some spammy threads.

What would the benefits be of having an official reputation system be anyway? None come to mind with me. IMO all they do is put less importance on post quality and more on popularity.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Q: What is karma? What gives me karma? What makes me lose karma?

A: Karma is a rating system where your karma level is raised based on how much you use the site and how much positive feedback other users give you. You can gain karma for making comments that get modded up and you can lose karma for making comments that get modded down.

Q: What are mod points? How can I get mod points?

A: Mod points are ratings given to various posts around the site. You can gain mod points by using the site and making positive comments that get modded up.

Thats taken from the RoosterTeeth FAQ theyre are tons of users on The RoosterTeeth site and they havent complained about it.And the sites been around for 3-4 years.So its basically a good system.And What is sponsorship?

Hey its 10 bucks for six months and well worth it if I might add.Thats better than posting 1000 times for a custom title.Now there are ways we could morph this.

1.Pay $10 once for the rest of the time this site is up(Probably forever)

2.Once you pay you can edit your name, title, and get access to other stuff like protected forums for like sponsors and stuff.Now is that really a hassle?

3.We test this for a month if it works we stick with it.If not we scrap it and brainwash everyone so it never happened.

What do you think?

EDIT:Theres also an award system where well get into much later.

2.Once you pay you can edit your name, title, and get access to other stuff like protected forums for like sponsors and stuff.Now is that really a hassle?

Well, there's the matter that no here would want to pay $10 to just to change their names (not a lot of people do that anyway) or their titles. Even then, would you have to pay the 6-month fee constantly to keep your custom title or just to change it? If it's just to change it, then that's another reason not to pay - a lot of people have had their titles for months and probably won't be changing them soon (me included). If you've got to pay just to keep your title, then that's ridiculous - if I wanted to be called "Jae Onasi's Nemesis" for 2 1/2 years, that would cost me $50. I can think of a lot of things I'd rather spend that money on than three words which show up on an online forum. (For Pete's sake, I could buy a video game that could keep entertained for longer than that with $50)

Since paying for custom titles and name changes is essentially worthless, the only thing left would be the private sponsor forums, which I suspect would be extremely boring to use. I doubt many people would be willing to pay $10 a month to post in them, so even if you were willing to there'd be next to no one to chat with. Why would I want to pay a monthly fee for a forum that's more boring than the free one? And even supposing you could get a large enough umber of people to pay for that forum, what could it offer that the regular one couldn't?

Meh, not much of a point to it. The $10 wouldn't get you very much, could cost a lot if you plan to stay at LF for a while, and would probably become just another status symbol along with post counts and join dates.

I never said its month its pay 10 dollars once and only once you misunderstood me.I meant while the site lasted as in if the site has a problem and gets closed down.Im not saying it will so I doubt a meesly 10 dollars would hurt.And getting 1000 posts would take longer than getting 10 dollars saved up for a sponsorship.

I honestly don't see why we (LF) would need this. I think the current system we have, would be more suitable. A custom title should be a privilege and over time, you'll acquire that custom title by posted 1000+ times.

I also think it would be too confusing to change to this system you are talking about. I don't think many people would want to pay a fee of some sort to get a custom title and what not. Also, it would get to hectic with the name changing and all that. This forum is relatively big and wouldn't work as well, IMO. It would work better if, you just start a forum maybe. But, I don't think many people would go for this idea.

LucasForums has operated in its current form for more or less 6 years now. I see no need to switch to something that is as cumbersome-looking as that, nor do I see the need to require a fee to access certain amenities, such as custom titles. The 1000 post requirement for the title behooves the user who desires it to stay and make worthwhile posts to obtain it. I think that is a far better motivator than simply spending $10.

We are not Rooster Teeth. We are LucasForums. End of story.

Archived