Home

Got the expansion? Post your first impressions!

lukeiamyourdad

Yea I was Upset that they Did'nt include lando I mean it always fun using lando and hearing his silly Jokes and Tactics and instead made a Weak ass luke and Rouge Squadron I mean COME ON :(.

Yes Those are Sith Troopers at the End and might be a Seceret Army or those Assassin things. Waiting for a Sith To Free Them.

For some reason I think the ending event is somehow tied to Darth Krayt.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first game trying it out as Rebels vs Empire (land skirmish). I build some of those new MDU's. I use 4 of them (2 laser 1 repair 1 shield) and 2 MPTL's to attempt defending my big mine on those Build Pads... A Freaking AT-AA just fires 2 volleys of it's flak (which ignore shields) and every single MDU buildable POPS instantly.

I could live with rockets taking out my MDU's...but FLAK? They don't even have to try and bring in some big guns, or have units breach the shield. Just send a single AT-AA to bypass them, so your other units can mop up.

Long story short, my first impressions were the suck.

• 1 month later...

i think the campaign was a bit to short tho.. but it was fun while it lasted.

but there must be a sequel to! :)

the campaign wasnt that challanging for me even on hard i got like 300k in credits never felt threaten.

love the new heroes they were awesome!

• 2 months later...

When I first popped the game into my computer and saw the Main Menu, I was all like " Wow! ".

I tried my first battle, which was in " Heart of The maw " mode.

I noticed that the characters did stuff autimatically.

That was cool!

LOL!

• 3 months later...

it was a good game overall but like what alot of people said that i have several things to comment on

1. The campaign was way too easy and short on the consortium end plus. The final battle even though i thought i would have lost a lot of ships. I actualy only lost a crusader and a few fighters and bombers which seemed really sad. but then again i had like 4 keldable ships and 3 of the cap ships not to mention i had several other waiting to be reinforced.

2.Even though each race had there own units and new upgrades and such. I found that the consortium could pretty much overpower the empire. Like here is a good group. maybe 5 or 6 vengeace frigates with 3 crusaders and a few fighters and bombers could takle pretty much any sized fleet. mostly cause the frigates would handle the capital,battle,and other frigates plus corvettes while the crusaders would kill bombers along with fighters and the fighters and bombers would just be there for extra collateral.

3.plus i am not sure but in galactic conquest do the rebels and empire fight each other. like what i mean is since i am consortium. I can sit in defence and let them kill each other. but do they try to take each others planets. that if anybody could answer would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...

I thought they did the ZC very well. All the units, storyline, abilities, heros and interactions with the Empire and Rebels matches up nicely. I still like space battles more, but playing the ZC on land was great. In space I felt that the ZC was the last piece to the puzzle. Rebels have round ships, Empire has Trianglular vessels and the Consortium has a squarish fleet.

I thouight the sound effects could do much better and the music got very repetitive.....very repetitive.

• 2 months later...
You can easily get Executor in skirmish by uncommenting a line or two in one of the XML files.

As for my impressions: I've only played GC, but it's excellent so far. Fighters still have an annoying tendancy to be overpowered: if Ackbar's ship can't scratch my SSD, then how do a few Y-wings bust the shields down to half and blow up 4 hardpoints?

But balance is a lot better. The Empire is finally doing what it should be able to do in the last game--steamroll enemies. The Rebels are finally being annoying buzzards and skipping through defenses, and the Consortium is just plain annoying. This is good.

I'm kind of underwhelmed with Executor. She's a gorgeous ship, but the hardpoints are so far apart that she can't really shoot anything. Something needs to be done about the range on that... Thrawn is fabulous, though, and the DSII is beyond compare.

I'm pleased at the voiceacting for Thrawn. The VA in TIE Fighter was subpar and did the voice all wrong, but the Thrawn voice in FoC is passable.

The new landmaps are fantastic. I was impressed when I had Vader waltz up to a ysalamiri tree just to see what would happen, and he got eaten by Vornskyrs. Hah! Whoops, there goes my Super Star Destroyer... but it was hilarious.

I haven't touched the campaign yet, mostly since I just really wanted to play the enhanced Empire. I suppose I should try the campaign, if only to see Eclipse.

DELTA 412 : what u said about the xml files may work for gettin the eclispe in gc games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During the Christmas break, my friend gave me his gold pack version. Even though I got rid of the original game, I did endup trying this out again. I still find "Empire at War" to be too childish in design and concept. "Forces of Curruption" is completely unballanced. If you end up playing against Zann, you will only get your but kicked around the gallaxy. I never got the new DeathStar or Executor. I wanted to make sure that I played all combinations, so I tried the different senerios that were possible. I personally think they should go back to the "Battlegrounds" idea.

If you are looking for a quick Star Wars fix, "Empire at War" will keep you entertained for a short time. After playing the game for twenty minutes, you may endup finding yourself playing another game.

Hi everyone,

I've been playing Empire at War for a year now, and have been playing Forces of Corruption for a somewhat shorter time. Here are the bugs I've noticed with FoC, and this is using the latest patch:

* Forces of Corruption seems to have a bug where my fleets will randomly disappear. I will create a massive fleet of varying types of ships, go around the map, and come back to the planet and find it empty. No battles, no notice, nothing. The fleet's just gone.

* I've encountered a variation on this bug when choosing to battle an enemy fleet that the game considers to have "left" the battle when you arrive. All of a sudden, it will say I've lost huge groups of fighters, from when the enemy never even fought! Weird.

* This is an Autoresolve issue: As everyone knows by now, if you destroy an invading space fleet, there will be another battle immediately following, of all the ground assault shuttles that arrive afterwards. If I "play" the battle, I destroy all the shuttles. But if I choose to Autoresolve, those shuttles somehow destroy a few capital ships! That's ridiculous, and I've even seen it with only one enemy shuttle.

* Autoresolve itself is a joke. It in no way reflects reality. I really think it's just a random number generator, although you generally will always lose unless you have a massive pile-on of ships/ground troops.

* Finally, as others have noted, not playing the corrupt side means you'll pretty much lose. The only possible strategy is to never spend a penny ridding worlds of corruption, and just trying to make gains in military battles. You'll go bankrupt curing corruptions, and never have money for even one ship! Playing as the Empire on medium setting, I was shocked to see 6 worlds corrupting at once. That is ridiculous, and shows the computer is cheating, when no player would have that much money at once.

And that's the biggest problem of all with the expansion. Some nice possibilities overall, but when the AI is obviously cheating, you've lost my interest as a player. Too bad, as the game had promise.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing "z3r0x's FOC Addon V3" Mod for Forces of Corruption, and it corrects a lot of the expansion's shortcomings.

I use it with Petroglyph's "Mod launcher", what a great inclusion by the company to expand the longevity of their product!

Mods make this series live on.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived