Home

Mod request, Seduction

Lord Ritly

I am tired of the light sided npc's wanting light side things to get influence. Is is possible to make a seduction option in the dialoge that act like a persuadion option? Let me run this senario to help you understand: You're a DS PC, you took Handmaiden with you. You kill an innocent person, Handmaiden ask you "Why did you do that?", A text option underneith says, "(Persuade+Seduction) That person knew who we are and wanted to report us to the Exchange, so I had to kill him." If your persuadion is high enough, Handmaiden will say, "Oh, well good for you to kill that scum!" You get darkside points and influence.

This is an ambitious idea for a mod. I also happen to really like it. I'd see it best delivered in blocks (Male/Female PC+Handmaiden, Male/Female PC+Mira, Male/Female PC+Atton, etc. etc.) (Am I the only one that hates Bao-Dur? Tangent, anyways.) It would probably best work with characters whom you'd actually have a chance to seduce, unless of course you're speaking of a more typical dark side seduction type thing. It would be interesting if you could base the Save vs. the person's wisdom or will save in some way. I could also see options for Force Persuade or Domination on occasion, though perhaps opening up some sort of ramification later. The problem here is being limited to existing voice dialogue unless you wanted to create something without sound. I hope someone takes you up on this. I'm far too flighty to even attempt something of this scale, and besides which, it might best well wait till after Team Gizka's package is released so that it's entirely compatible, otherwise no one will use it afterwards.

• 2 months later...

To give the points go into the dlg of party members. Under the script that fires when spoken you can put in another custom script with this code or you could try the TSL codes already put in like these.

for ds points:

a_darkhigh

a_darkmed

a_darksml

for ls points:

a_lighthigh

a_lightmed

a_lightsml

/* Alignments:
ALIGNMENT_DARK_SIDE
ALIGNMENT_LIGHT_SIDE
ALIGNMENT_NEUTRAL */

void main()
{
int nAmount = 10
AdjustAlignment( GetFirstPC(),ALIGNMENT_DARK_SIDE,nAmount);
}

• 2 weeks later...

The idea as presented would indeed be a lot of work. You'd have to edit quite a lot of DLG files at a bare minimum, and of course if you want the NPCs to have new replies, you'd either have to edit together or record new sound files, or live with those replies being "silent" text-only.

Furthermore, you may even need to do a bit of scripting before you get everything working exactly as intended.

If you're looking for a simple hack-style mod that would allow you to essentially play either as light or as dark as you want and NEVER (or at least very very rarely -I'd have to look into a bunch of files to be certain) lose influence for it with anyone, you could simply extract a copy of a_influence_inc.ncs (from scripts.bif) and drop it in your override folder. Using plain old windows explorer, change the name to a_influence_dec.ncs instead.

What this will do is to ADD influence to an NPC whenever the game would usually subtract it, meaning you could be doing evil things that would have normally made your light-side friends angry (and lose influence), and even though they'll still appear to complain about it in the game, they'll gain influence instead. It would also work for doing acts of good with NPCs that tend towards evil.

It's far from perfect, and not quite what was being asked for, but it would be a partial work-around that would at least partially solve the problem while you busy people look into just how much editing you'd need to do to actually pull off such a mod.

-Kitt

The idea as presented would indeed be a lot of work. You'd have to edit quite a lot of DLG files at a bare minimum, and of course if you want the NPCs to have new replies, you'd either have to edit together or record new sound files, or live with those replies being "silent" text-only.

Yus... that is somewhat of a problem. My plan was to make an infulence armband where you can alter party members influence with you and alignment.

With the armband could you inverse the results? From light side effects loose influence, and darkside effects gain influince? For the response let them object and PC will tell why. After that have the NPC noding and have the PC notice "she/he quietly thought for a moment the nodded in your acceptance and wisdom."

With the armband could you inverse the results? From light side effects loose influence, and darkside effects gain influince? For the response let them object and PC will tell why. After that have the NPC noding and have the PC notice "she/he quietly thought for a moment the nodded in your acceptance and wisdom."

No, that isn't what my armband was for... it was made for testing and in-game tweaking.

Also Arátoeldar, was simply stating that what m16965 had proposed had already been done. ;)

Archived