Home

The Eclipse

ElizLestrad

Ok, Ive seen the preview for FoC, as Im sure many people have, showing the completed/controlable Eclipse in battle. And Ive read the manual showing that the Eclipse is a new hero unit for the Empire (Though I thought it would go to the Consortium due to Zann's speech in the preview) but I cannot figure out how to get it in either Skirmish or Galactic Conquest. Anyone lucky enough to figure this out?

The other thing I think was wierd was I saw the video of FoC being shown at the Expo and the LA dude said something about the maps being bigger and you being able to zoom out farther to accomidate for the size of the larger ships, but it doesnt look like they changed anything.

I was actually kinda surprised when the Executor warped in and it took up half the mini-map...LoL. Maybe thats why the Eclipse wasnt made playable.

Well, the first trailer showed a completed Eclipse firing the superlaser. They must have gotten the model for that somewhere, unless it's nothing but a pre-rendered cutscene they made up.

But yeah, the incomplete Eclipse as seen in the campaign wouldn't be good for GC. It should be finished, at the very least, and have some real guns. The superlaser firing rate also ought to be dramatically reduced.

I think this was another case of BS False Advertising, it was very disapointed to find out despite what we've been led to believe and all the hyping its recieved the eclipse is really not playable aside from this POS incompete version. Im annoyed Petro would screw their fans like this.

I hope you modders have success, I like many many many others would love to play with this beautiful ship.

I think this was another case of BS False Advertising, it was very disapointed to find out despite what we've been led to believe and all the hyping its recieved the eclipse is really not playable aside from this POS incompete version. Im annoyed Petro would screw their fans like this.

They've been telling us and telling us that the Eclipse would be a campaign-only cutscene sort of unit. For the past couple months, every time someone has signed up for these forums just to ask whether or not the Eclipse would appear as a buildable unit in Galactic Conquest or Skirmish, one of the developers has responded and said no. And their reasons for implementing the ship in this way are good ones. They haven't mislead us in the slightest. It's not their fault if you saw what could easily have been a clip from a cutscene in the trailer and misinterpreted what it meant.

Archived