Home

Some balance issues...

mattwild

Actually, I've not had much bother with the Corrupt faction (beyond their magic base destroying ray activates when you clear corruption from certain planets). I'm mainly having problems with the empire. Petro appear to have forgotten that if you allow the AI to bring in 10 star destroyers at once, then the battle becomes unwinnable.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand how someone can claim that the ZC isn't overpowered. I was just playing GC with the Rebel side, and I attacked Bothawui with the following force:

Home One

Sundered Heart

4x Calamari Cruisers

4x Mc30c

1x Assault Frigate

1x Nebulon Frigate

7x Corellian Corvettes

6x Corellian Gunboats

10x B-Wings

the ZC had:

1x Level 4 space station

2x V class frigates

In that battle I managed to take down 1 Vengeance Frigate before my entire forces were completely destroyed - With all my ships constantly firing at a Veangence frigate it took about 5 minutes to bring it down. Before that, my fleet had just ripped through an entire imperial fleet with 4 SD and several other ships, with no big losses.

Doesn't that seem overpowered?

The groundbattles I find is balanced fine though - it just sucks that Luke, Yoda or Obi-Wan can't be used in raidparties:/

Sounds like another bug. The Vengence cruisers are those weird, cross shaped mass-driver toting things, yeah? They do appear tough - but I've found a fully equipped Assault Frigate is enough to bring them down. Some Y-wings are a big help.

Oh, and you say you had 4 MC30s shooting out the same time 5 minutes? There's definitely something went wrong there, I've brought down an ISD with that many before in about 2 minutes....

Haha, I just found a funny illustration of the ZC's imbalance:

http://www.esl.eu/de/empireatwar/foc/1on1/news/30106/

It's a german cup and they explicitly exlude the ZC as a party for balance reasons:

# Start: 08.11.06 18:00

# Zeit zwichen den Matches: Zwei Tage

# Zann Konsortium verboten!

I just find it funny that they appear to be so OP that they have to be excluded from a match if it is to be fair.

Haha, I just found a funny illustration of the ZC's imbalance:

http://www.esl.eu/de/empireatwar/foc/1on1/news/30106/

It's a german cup and they explicitly exlude the ZC as a party for balance reasons:

I just find it funny that they appear to be so OP that they have to be excluded from a match if it is to be fair.

I think that pretty much says it all really. At least the devs are watching these forums - I think the next patch will at least make up for mistakes. Good lord, they need to get a new testing team - the exp pack feels like it's an alpha version.

Archived