Home

The use of deadly force....

Jae Onasi

Here's a topic to discuss--is it acceptable for someone who has been abused to use deadly force against the abuser when they attack again? Is it morally right? Or does it just make the abused no better than the attacker?

I say it can be appropriate if the abused person fears for his or her life.

@Emperor Devon: :xp:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH MY GOD, JAE! After the last two days (which you are fully aware of!!) I'm not sure what the Hell I should say to someone bringing up this topic again. Maybe after my temporary insanity (not exagerrating) cools down you'll get a logical reply. For now, all I can do is gape. Dear Lord. :xp:

I specifically stated my opinions on this. Mods! Please delete this wretched thread at once! :xp:

OH MY GOD, JAE! After the last two days (which you are fully aware of!!) I'm not sure what the Hell I should say to someone bringing up this topic again. Maybe after my temporary insanity (not exagerrating) cools down you'll get a logical reply. For now, all I can do is gape. Dear Lord. :xp:

I specifically stated my opinions on this. Mods! Please delete this wretched thread at once! :xp:

Oooh, darkside points to me! :dev7:

I never said you had to answer! :lol:

I was feeling evil tonight after looking at the gaping hole in my ceiling and cleaning up bag upon bag of that obnoxious vermiculite insulation.

Besides, you needed extra incentive to win the duel. :lol:

If you are attacked, you have a right to use any means necessary to get rid of the attacker. But i think, its only good for when they attack after the first time. When they first attack, get the police involved, and if they attack the second time, then use the force yourself, to prove that you are not an as 'easy target' as what they first thought you out to be.

That is my opinion.

I agree with you too Mr_BFA. Always call the police first.

Which can be quit hard when the mofo that's attacking you is stabbing you to death...

Imo, if you get attacked with a weapon, the attacker has the possibility to kill you. So you will HAVE to imagine the worst case scenario: You dying. Ussage of deadly force? Depend in the situation.

The Gandian philosophy states that when a person resorts to violence to counter violence, the person becomes no better than the attacker. A lot of abusers turned into abusers, because they were abused themselves. When the abused takes to violence, he grows a liking towards such violence. That is also the philosphy of the Jedi. Revenge, however tempting and judicious, is never the right path. (Though I don't understand why they love battling so much, when they can just use the Force to quell such problems).

It depends on the circumstance.

If it's in cold blood, then no. It's still wrong, even if they were terribly abused.

If it's a heat-of-the-moment, middle-of-a-fight-to-the-death kinda thing, then it's necessary, and I suppose you can hardly say it was *wrong*.

Doing the right thing, and doing the necessary thing are rather different, however, IMO.

Hm.. and what happens when you miss that groin kick? Because the attacker is like, swift? :D

But I should not lecture you bout that, although I'm 17, I'm not strong at all. I Though, would be cabable of dodgin a kick I guess :D

Anyway... I would not want to kill someone, even under the worst circumstances, when I can just knock the attacker out. (Well I can't, but let's suppose so :D)

If so called "self defense" results in a kill... I'd really wanted to know if it was such a brutal assault, that requiered someone to die...

If someone decideds to beat you up (not kill or rape you) and you happen to kill that person in self defense, I would not consider it to be justifyed.

Well, self-defence is always the old standby.

As for abuse, it'd have to depend of what kind and how bad before a person would be justified. Of course, if I was defending my wife or daughter from someone who had abused either one of them, I doubt I'd have any hesitation or moral qualms about snuffing them horribly and painfully. I can be quite a sociopathic, sadistic when I want.

It depends on how big the person has abused the other person. And like RC, as a fourteen year old, I can't dish out much pain.

Actually, you can dish out pain quite effectively even if you're small. We discuss in taekwondo places to grab/hit that'll stop someone. That includes the eyes, nostrils, Adam's apple/larynx, and ears. Their head is going to go wherever their ear goes.

We also discuss using equal force--if someone's just grabbing your arm, you can't use killing force back. What our master and the lawyer who's a student in the dojang recommend to us is using just enough force to get away to call the police.

The one time in 4 years of doing tkd that I thought I might actually have to use it was when a guy threatened to punch his girlfriend in the face in my office because she didn't ask him if it was OK to get her eyes dilated. I'm not kidding. When I left the room I was in to see what all the screaming was about, he was standing over her with his fist raised. I told him he had to leave and he told me I'd have to call the cops. I immediately told the other staff to call the cops, then I prayed hard that I _wasn't_ going to have to figure out where to kick him to stop him from nailing her in the head before the cops got there. I was terrified and angry all at the same time. Fortunately, he didn't make any more threatening moves on either his girlfriend or me--we just stared at each other til the cops arrived (very quickly I might add, to my relief).

And the girlfriend--who was an intelligent woman--went home with the guy. I wanted to beat my head against the wall at that one, because I knew he was going to hit her as soon as she got home, if not in the car. I even offered her a ride to the woman's shelter, and she refused, so all I could do was give her the phone number. Sigh....

I figure there is a time to kill, if your life is in direct danger. Or for a couple of other reasons, but I don't believe that you should just kill all willy-nilly. God himself has killed people, and ordered people to be killed so seeing as the state our world is in, it will have to take place eventually.

I don't think it's right for someone to use deadly force, unless his or her life is in danger. Otherwise, it's best to get the police involved instead so the situation can be resolved legally.

:wstupid:

If there is a direct threat to your life I say kill the f***er, but otherwise: Revenge is a dish best served cold by Hallucination with a side of kickass...

Fixed for great justice. :)

Archived